Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Guest Guest

Incidentally the death of Robert Carr means that Maggie Thatcher is one of just 4 members of Ted Heaths cabinet still alive. About a dozen have died since 2005 (inc Heath himself), so not long now...

Incidentally the death of Robert Carr means that Maggie Thatcher is one of just 4 members of Ted Heaths cabinet still alive. About a dozen have died since 2005 (inc Heath himself), so not long now...

Funny... I counted 33

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Funny... I counted 33

Actually there were a total of 27..theres now 5.. Thatcher, Lord Carrington, Jim Prior, Patrick Jenkin and Geoffrey Howe. 11 have died in the last 7 years. Hope that clears things up!

Bradford West MP Marsha Singh is to resign his seat due to ill health.

“I have been increasingly ill over a period of time last year and had a very serious illness and was admitted to hospital. I thought I had overcome that, but obviously that wasn’t the case and I have been back into hospital both in London and here. It was maybe wishful thinking on my part but I thought I would recover quickly and get back to work, until eventually with medical advice it became clear that it was going to take a lot longer to recover, if I ever fully do."

That doesn't sound very promising. :sicktherm:

Francisco Xavier do Amaral

"East Timor's first and shortest-serving president Francisco Xavier do Amaral has died after a long battle with cancer". He was 75.

Jaap Boersma, Dutch former Minister of Social Affairs (1971-1977) died yesterday, aged 82.

I don't expect an English language obit.

regards,

Hein

Iraqi President Jalal Talabani is receiving treatment at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota

Apparently it's just one of his "routine medical appointments"

He might still be alive but the former PM of Iraq Najib Talib has died aged 95 http://www.bna.bh/po.../en/news/500401

Whoa. that's a bit deep! :huh:

Why do you think he might he still be alive? It appears from the link you posted that he's dead - properly, definitely, absolutely, certainly, verifiabily and indisputably dead. Dead as dead can be.

Guest Guest

I meant Jalal Talabani is still alive...

Foremer cabinet minister Lord (Tony) Newton has died aged 74.

David Walter, ex LibDem comms dir, has passed away. I'll get a link asap.

American losing presidential candidate George McGovern has been hospitalized for "brief transient spells where he passes out and becomes verbally unresponsive."

McGovern will be 90 in July.

• Like 1