Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

You’ve got to be a total saddo to buy this and to make your Christmas time about hating people.

Still, I suppose it’s infinitely better than LadBaby.

A fair point, but I'm thinking most people who bought it don't define their Christmas by the decision to buy a 40p download, most of which top out around the two minute mark. The Kunt's whole strategy is akin to making their singles the audio equivalent of buying a badge. Their last two Christmas "hits" being variations of their simplistic but sublime song - Boris Johnson is a Fucking Cunt!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

You’ve got to be a total saddo to buy this and to make your Christmas time about hating people.

Still, I suppose it’s infinitely better than LadBaby.

Hmm…the party The Kunts object to spends the entire year hating people - whether it be refugees, the poor, trans people or simply anyone who stands for decency and fairness - and is also the reason why so many people rely on the Trussell Trust to get fed, so in a roundabout way is to blame for those LadBaby grifters too.

Christmas or not, the likes of Sunak and Braverman and Rees-Mogg deserve every single scrap of hatred they get.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TQR said:

Hmm…the party The Kunts object to spends the entire year hating people - whether it be refugees, the poor, trans people or simply anyone who stands for decency and fairness - and is also the reason why so many people rely on the Trussell Trust to get fed, so in a roundabout way is to blame for those LadBaby grifters too.

Christmas or not, the likes of Sunak and Braverman and Rees-Mogg deserve every single scrap of hatred they get.

You can give your keyboard warriorism a rest for a single day. I’m not defending the Tories here, nor am I interested in having a debate about them. I’m critiquing the dire state of the Christmas charts.

• Like 1

Re the above. Wrong thread.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

You can give your keyboard warriorism a rest for a single day. I’m not defending the Tories here, nor am I interested in having a debate about them. I’m critiquing the dire state of the Christmas charts.

On Christmas Day, the Tories are still cunts. And the British people both realise and this make light of it where possible, which is exactly why The Kunts have been right at the business end of the charts three years running. No “warriorism” in that, it’s just a heady mix of humour and truth.

• Like 2

On 02/08/2022 at 23:10, arghton said:

8. The Netherlands

Jan Reehorst (1923) House of Representatives member 1956-1957, former Mayor of Haarlem.

Harrij Notenboom (1926) Former House of Representatives member and former MEP.

Paul Joan George Kapteyn (1928) Judge/politician.

Joop Glimmerveen (1928) Ancient neonazi.

Dutch neonazi Joop Glimmerveen dead at 94.

(Fingers crossed Sweden's Vera Oredsson, Edward Reed Fields of the US and Germany's Ursula Haverbeck and Horst Mahler will follow him soon)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 02/08/2022 at 15:10, arghton said:

List of European politicians born before 1930 + honorary mentions. (By population, largest first and I've numbered them to make cropping the post easier. Excluding the UK, countries partially in Asia and countries with a population of under one million as those have already been covered elsewhere. The list is not ready. I'll  slowly update this now and then.)

--snip

3. Italy (Including "less notable" names up to 1926)

Bruno Segre (1918) Lawyer/journalist/politician

Maria Lisa Cinciari Rodano (1921) Communist politician.

Virginio Rognoni (1924-2022) Former Justice, Defence, Interior minister.

Giorgio Napolitano (1925) President 2006-2015

Nerio Nesi (1925) Businessman, politician

Maria Sole Agnelli (1925) Entrepreneur/politician

Sergio Flamigni (1925) Former Senator.

Francesco Merloni (1925) Former Minister of Public Works.

Arnaldo Forlani (1925) Prime Minister 1980-1981, mostly bedbound.

Nicola Signorello (1926) Minister multiple times.

Giorgio Ruffolo (1926) Former Environment minister.

Rino Formica (1927) Minister atleast four times.

Giancarlo Tesini (1929) Former Transport minister.

Giorgio Bogi (1929) Former Parliamentary Relations minister.

--snip

(Wiki) Nicola Signorello died Dec. 26th at the age of 96.

• Like 3

On 17/01/2022 at 09:26, arghton said:

Lee Myung-bak, former President of South Korea once again hospitalised for "chronic illness"

Means that all the (2) former Presidents of South Korea are in hospital currently.

Lee Myung-bak pardoned.

The presidential pardon would allow Mr. Lee, 81, to be released from a hospital in Seoul, where he has been receiving treatment for chronic illnesses

• Like 1

On 14/12/2022 at 13:12, arghton said:

In addition Peixoto's two predecessors as the Grand Commander of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta are still alive:

fra Carlo d'Ippolito di Sant'Ippolito (Grand Commander 2011-2014) is now 89, older than all the Order of Malta guys he's outlived in recent years and looked ancient in 2014.

Gherardo Hercolani Fava Simonetti (Grand Commander 2009-2011) 81. Resigned due to health reasons...11 years ago.

Fra Carlo D'Ippolito di Sant'Ippolito dead at 89.

• Like 3

Jamie Raskin, U.S. Democratic Congressman and member of the "January 6th Committee", has a serious but curable form of cancer

• Like 1

Tweet reporting the death of Wellington Lee OBE (wiki), Aussie politician who was Deputy Lord Mayor of Melbourne.

• Like 3

From the Happy Birthday thread

On 28/09/2022 at 00:06, Gooseberry Crumble said:

image.png.ef4c6781d6e54074f2315958ac68c0cc.png

Former Rebel  leftwing  British Labour  MP for Halifax Alice Mahon  celebrates her 85th birthday today. :birthday:

Alice Mahon reportedly dead: https://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/news/people/people-tributes-to-mp-alice-mahon-who-fought-tirelessly-for-halifax-for-18-years-3969931

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Halifax is one of those seats that goes between the Tories and Labour but the Tories have a real hard time gaining it (last achieved in 1983, and came close in 2019).

Interestingly two of Mahon's predecessors are still alive! Tory Roy Galley, 75 and Labourite Shirley Summerskill, 91.

• Like 1

On 24/07/2022 at 14:53, Ulitzer95 said:

Plenty of Facebook posts, including this one, reporting that London-born Israeli politician Tamar Eshel (wiki) died this morning. Today was her 102nd birthday.

She was the oldest living former member of the Knesset. That title is now held by Shmuel Toledano (wiki, b. Jan 1921).

Shmuel Toledano dead at 101.

• Like 3

Just now, drol said:

Shmuel Toledano dead at 101.

I was just away to post this but I was looking to see who the oldest former Knesset member is now first.

Is it Mordechai Bibi (wiki)? I think he's the only centenarian former member now.

• Like 1

On 02/08/2022 at 22:10, arghton said:

6. Poland

Marian Ryba (1919) Communist politician, alive?

Aleksander Krawczuk (1922) Minister of Culture 1986-1989

Andrzej Werblan (1924) Sejm member 1971-1982, alive?

Tadeusz Makarewicz (1925) Member of Jaruzelski's Military Council of National Salvation 1981-1983, seems to have been alive around 2015.

Marian Turski (1926) Workers' Party politician who survived Auschwitz.

Andrzej Januszajtis (1928) Gdansk local politician.

Stanisław Gebhardt (1928) Longtime christian democrat politician and holocaust survivor.

Helena Kurnatowska (1929) Member of the Sejm 1976-1985.

Eugenia Kempara (1929) Member of the Council of State, collective head of state 1975-1985.

Marian Ryba dead in 2018, never turned 100

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Thanks Will.

You know its strange how the human brain works. To this very day I remember a turn of phrase that I heard Alice Mahon use in the House of Commons in one of the debates in the lead up to the Iraq war.  "Light on fact high on conjecture " in reference to the Intelligence dossier and rationale used by Tony Blair for the 2003 Iraq war. 

A very wise comment and a turn of phrase I keep in my armoury to this day ,to use in debates or discussions with people if I think the argument and claims  they are making is based on  not very much! Strange the things you remember!

• Like 4

On 02/10/2022 at 15:42, arghton said:

Found an old article on Khamtai Siphandone's (98-year-old dictator of Laos from the 90s to 2006, richest man in the country) health issues from 2016, don't think this has ever been mentioned before:

https://www.rfa.org/lao/daily/politics/former-president-khamtay-siphandone-had-stroke-02112016002337.html

He was "healthy" (but extremely frail and suffered from high BP) until February 2016. On the 10th of February 2016 he suffered a severe stroke, was rushed to a Hanoi military hospital by plane with 2-3 of his children and was put on oxygen. Don't think there's been any actual news on his health since, last public appearance was in December 2021.

Khamtai Siphandone has....

Well, Khamtai Siphandon's son has become prime minister.

On 21/09/2021 at 22:24, arghton said:

Minister 1990-1991

Milan Kučan (1941-) President 1991-2002

Andrej Marinc (1930-), Janez Zemljarič (1928-) and Dušan Šinigoj (1933-) are alive from the pre-independence Prime Ministers.

Lojze Peterle (1948-) Prime Minister 1990-1992

Janez Zemljaric dead on his 94th birthday.

• Like 2

On 8/1/2022 at 4:34 PM, arghton said:

Борис Кравцов (1922) Министр юстиции 1984-1989 гг.

On 28 December 2022 Boris V. Kravtsov celebrates his 100th birthday.

garant.ru

Second from the right, although the photo may be from 2017

foto_glavnoe_kravtsov.jpg

What is the likelihood of Mohammad Hasan Sharq dying completely off-radar? The Talibans do not like him that much and there are seemmingly no news of him in the last two years.

• Like 1

It's now clear that Frank Field has been taking this piss out of this site for the last year or so.

• Like 2

Viktor Ivanenko, the first and only chairman of the KGB of the RSFSR, died at the age of 75.

kommersant.ru

On 30/12/2022 at 15:01, Ulitzer95 said:

Halifax is one of those seats that goes between the Tories and Labour but the Tories have a real hard time gaining it (last achieved in 1983, and came close in 2019).

Interestingly two of Mahon's predecessors are still alive! Tory Roy Galley, 75 and Labourite Shirley Summerskill, 91.

The Tories came closer in 2015 than 2019 which is relatively unusual.  I remember being surprised that Labour nearly lost it in 2015 and held on reasonably comfortably in 2019.

• Like 2