This is not the Prince whose death the Queen thought would be a great birthday present.

I'll be blaring Batdance, in honor of Prince.

I've also become sort of immune to the news of death.

You're telling me! Nothing surprises me now...

It really is a shame, he never got to grow that moustache.

• Like 1

He was a total anachronism, the second-to-last black megastar who made it without hip-hop influence. He stopped to matter when Gangsta rap came up around 1994/95. Is there any other afircan-american artist who plays "real" instruments and writes his own songs? I can only think of the very last one, Lenny Kravitz, also irrelevant now.

Hootie sans Blowfish

They say the flu killed him.... suspicious. He'd had the flu for a couple of days, but couldn't shake it off. So he must have had a weak immune system. AIDS sounds like a good explanation. It was never quite clear, but I guess he pretty much shagged everything/body that moved?

Well, flu can kill the healthy - it's rare but happens more often than you'd think (just been Googling stats). However a weak immune system will obviously ratchet up the :xbones: chances and he was known as being a busy boy back in the 80's.

There'll be a post-mortem so I guess we'll find out then (if the results are publicly released, dunno if this is standard practice over in the US?)

I was just thinking this morning that someone would try and overshadow the queens' 90th birthday.

Ironic that - an aging queen and a dying prince!

• Like 3

When I think of Prince I think of this.

The world goes backwards: the queen turns 90 and the prince dies!

• Like 3

RIP

Anyway, I'm not surprised. I would be surprised if Zsa Zsa Gabor finally stretches her amputated legs.

The world goes backwards: the queen turns 90 and the prince dies!

But not her prince of course - Prince Philip was looking alright at her birthday celebration - he's doing well for 95!

• Like 1

I always think of Prince as being similar to Michael Jackson, does anyone else see the parallels or is it just me?

No, I always thought the same. I considered Jackson = aimed at 12 year olds, Prince aimed at older teens starting to go out clubbing with raunchier songs like cream. Similar artists but aimed at slightly different demographics.
  • Like 1

I always think of Prince as being similar to Michael Jackson, does anyone else see the parallels or is it just me?

No, I always thought the same. I considered Jackson = aimed at 12 year olds, Prince aimed at older teens starting to go out clubbing with raunchier songs like cream. Similar artists but aimed at slightly different demographics.

Tch! Pop music being aimed at young people. The very thought!

• Like 2

He is another one for the overrated thread.

• Like 1

I can't remember where i saw this posted, it must have been somewhere on here but anyway ....

http://blindgossip.com/?p=77843#more-77843

Another Celebrity Has AIDS

April 18, 2016

186 Comments

BG Note: We are working on updating this blind item.

We just received word that a VERY popular African American celebrity – who has recently been in the news – now has what is being described as AIDS. Obviously since we are not able to 100% confirm the story – we’re going to leave it as a Blind Item. We want to make it clear we are NOT talking about Magic Johnson.

This report really hurt our heart.

According to a person extremely close to the situation, the celebrity, who is known for having a very extreme sexual past reportedly contracted the illness sometime in the 1990s. He kept the illness quiet but began taking his medication religiously up until about 2 years ago. Here’s what we’re told by a VERY trusted entertainment insider:

"[The celebrity] believed that he was cured, and he had some crazy [religious] people who told him that God cured him. So he stopped taking his medication and the sickness came back. Now doctors say he’s dying, and there is nothing anyone can do about it."

We’re told that the celebrity is expected to get sicker and sicker, and eventually pass. It can happen as soon as the summer.

Very sad news.

• Like 1

Hey Lewd I was thinking you could maybe increase the length of your goddamn signature you dumb ass.

SC

So which was the biggest musical death of the year out of Bowie and Prince? Let the debate commence...

Hey Lewd I was thinking you could maybe increase the length of your goddamn signature you dumb ass.

SC

You can selectively blank out signatures, you know? Click on the little cross in the top RH corner of the offending sig.

I can't remember where i saw this posted, it must have been somewhere on here but anyway ....

http://blindgossip.com/?p=77843#more-77843

Another Celebrity Has AIDS

April 18, 2016

186 Comments

BG Note: We are working on updating this blind item.

We just received word that a VERY popular African American celebrity – who has recently been in the news – now has what is being described as AIDS. Obviously since we are not able to 100% confirm the story – we’re going to leave it as a Blind Item. We want to make it clear we are NOT talking about Magic Johnson.

This report really hurt our heart.

According to a person extremely close to the situation, the celebrity, who is known for having a very extreme sexual past reportedly contracted the illness sometime in the 1990s. He kept the illness quiet but began taking his medication religiously up until about 2 years ago. Here’s what we’re told by a VERY trusted entertainment insider:

"[The celebrity] believed that he was cured, and he had some crazy [religious] people who told him that God cured him. So he stopped taking his medication and the sickness came back. Now doctors say he’s dying, and there is nothing anyone can do about it."

We’re told that the celebrity is expected to get sicker and sicker, and eventually pass. It can happen as soon as the summer.

Very sad news.

Was he ever gay or a junkie or something?

Anyone notice the Queen didn't make a speech at the 90th birthday celebration at Windsor, instead leaving it to Charles? Possibly something to keep an eye on if she doesn't speak at the next event, she also wore a headscarf in very warm weather. Is she hiding an illness?

So which was the biggest musical death of the year out of Bowie and Prince? Let the debate commence...

Bowie

Bowie all the way for me.