gcreptile

11. Mel Brooks

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jonah said:

Apatow can hang out/toady up to as many titans as he likes, he’ll still be crap 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jonah said:

wasn't this picture taken a while ago ? I remember a video of the three of them from some months ago... 

Lear looks real decent for his age ! Brooks looks ok but DVD looks the frailest of the three of them. It's irritating to never see him serious cause we can't really say how healthy he looks and the fact that he is always smiling or goofing around is maybe why people got the impression he looks good. I'd say the smiling/goofing stuff is maybe an unconscious way to hide his age and deteriorating state. That said, I wouldn't be too surprised if he does die before  2024. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

wasn't this picture taken a while ago ? I remember a video of the three of them from some months ago... 

Lear looks real decent for his age ! Brooks looks ok but DVD looks the frailest of the three of them. It's irritating to never see him serious cause we can't really say how healthy he looks and the fact that he is always smiling or goofing around is maybe why people got the impression he looks good. I'd say the smiling/goofing stuff is maybe an unconscious way to hide his age and deteriorating state. That said, I wouldn't be too surprised if he does die before  2024. 

It's possible that the picture was taken a while ago and was recently used to advertise the new Mel Brooks interview. However, I couldn't find anything else about the date of the picture! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jonah said:

2 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

1 hour ago, Jonah said:

It's possible that the picture was taken a while ago and was recently used to advertise the new Mel Brooks interview. However, I couldn't find anything else about the date of the picture! 

This photo was almost certainly taken in February. I mentioned it on the Dick Van Dyke thread a while back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, polar duck said:

This photo was almost certainly taken in February. I mentioned it on the Dick Van Dyke thread a while back.

Yeah that's what I thought, I already saw this picture, I checked for the picture in Lear's and DVD's topic but didn't find anything so I wasn't sure

• Like 1

https://variety.com/2023/film/awards/angela-bassett-mel-brooks-governors-awards-honorary-oscars-1235654578/

Will recieve an honorary Oscar at a cermony in Nov of this year. Becomes the 2nd oldest Oscar Winner after Robert F. Boyle a Film Editor who won an Honorary Oscar in 2008 at age 98.

6 minutes ago, CaptainChorizo said:

https://variety.com/2023/film/awards/angela-bassett-mel-brooks-governors-awards-honorary-oscars-1235654578/

Will recieve an honorary Oscar at a cermony in Nov of this year. Becomes the 2nd oldest Oscar Winner after Robert F. Boyle a Film Editor who won an Honorary Oscar in 2008 at age 98.

Presumably for services to anti-racism.

Blazing-Saddles.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=6d5bd

springtime.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=7af8bc4bbc

• Like 2

When Mel Brooks dies, it will be the funniest funeral ever. It will last for a week and have liberals fainting in the streets.

• Confused 2
  • Facepalm 3

Another shitposter. FFS

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, Elvis is alive! said:

When Mel Brooks dies, it will be the funniest funeral ever. It will last for a week and have liberals fainting in the streets.

aw yes…liberals…totally relates to mel brooks rn

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Elvis is alive! said:

umm what? 

On 17/10/2023 at 06:17, Elvis is alive! said:

when you definitely understand Mel Brooks' work.

• Haha 3

Given Reiner and now Lear are dead, does this leave Brooks somewhat in the firing line? Last of the trio of friends.

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

Given Reiner and now Lear are dead, does this leave Brooks somewhat in the firing line? Last of the trio of friends.

I would have said it was a quad (or a Jewish triple with one goy). He's still got Dick Van Dyke to play dominos with.

• Like 4

On 17/10/2023 at 05:17, Elvis is alive! said:

Guy who thinks Blazing Saddles is funny because it’s racist. (Many such cases). 

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

On 17/10/2023 at 08:17, Elvis is alive! said:

When you’re too dumb to understand satire. 

• Like 1

• Like 10

Looks far better than I would expect. 

• Like 7

17 hours ago, drol said:

Looks far better than I would expect. 

He does indeed, which is why I've resisted adding him to my list, similar to Dick Van Dyke.  Of course, at that age, anything could happen, but I think there are much better choices out there.  

• Like 3

Got quite worried when I saw 'RIP Mel' trending this morning on Twitter. No way that we'd have 4 hits in the first month of 2024.

6 minutes ago, Autistic Merit said:

Got quite worried when I saw 'RIP Mel' trending this morning on Twitter. No way that we'd have 4 hits in the first month of 2024.

Oh it could happen.. With as many people as we have in their 90's on the list and we are only half way through the month we could definitely hit 4 or even who is to say 5 isn't a possibility.

His voice also sounds good and he’s still able to walk mostly unaided. Age is really the only reason for him to be on the list.

• Like 1