Paul Bearer

Richard Wilson

It's funny he should mention Frank Spencer in one of those scenes considering he had an encounter with him.

• Like 1

Had a heart attack aged 80. Victor Meldrew actor Richard Wilson suffers heart attack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-37056850

he's very famous in the UK.

For......??

Sitcom actor. One Foot in the Grave, widely considered one of the best British sitcoms. He played a world weary OAP who gets pensioned off and has a black humour outlook on life. His catchphrase is "I don't believe it", which is funnier in context. When Meldrew, his character, died, it got a front page obituary in some newspapers, and fan pilgrimages to the "scene" of the moment, so lord knows what'll happen when the actor actually dies.

Incidentally, the wife adds that if you watch any one episode of One Foot, you'll basically see me portrayed expertly by Richard Wilson. Can't think what she's implying...

The character got a shoutout on the news also when he was killed off.I am trying to think of an American equivalent of him but cant.Everyone my age or older knows who he is.Calling someone Victor Meldrew when they are moaning is said a lot where I grew up.Wilson has also done loads of other things in TV and thetre but Meldrew is what he is best known for by far.

Had a heart attack aged 80. Victor Meldrew actor Richard Wilson suffers heart attack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-37056850

For......??

Did you not watch Merlin on BBC America?

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2015/05/the-cast-of-merlin-where-are-they-now

• Like 2

Had a heart attack aged 80. Victor Meldrew actor Richard Wilson suffers heart attackhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-37056850

For......??

Sitcom actor. One Foot in the Grave, widely considered one of the best British sitcoms. He played a world weary OAP who gets pensioned off and has a black humour outlook on life. His catchphrase is "I don't believe it", which is funnier in context. When Meldrew, his character, died, it got a front page obituary in some newspapers, and fan pilgrimages to the "scene" of the moment, so lord knows what'll happen when the actor actually dies.

Incidentally, the wife adds that if you watch any one episode of One Foot, you'll basically see me portrayed expertly by Richard Wilson. Can't think what she's implying...

The character got a shoutout on the news also when he was killed off.I am trying to think of an American equivalent of him but cant.Everyone my age or older knows who he is.Calling someone Victor Meldrew when they are moaning is said a lot where I grew up.Wilson has also done loads of other things in TV and thetre but Meldrew is what he is best known for by far.

Larry hagman is a good comparison.

He made an appearance in Father Ted as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPCB_pIiWDY

Seen that more than One Foot. Love Father Ted. It's disturbingly accurate too, as I've met many of the archetypes in real life, even the Nazi priest, but I digress.

He made an appearance in Father Ted as well

Seen that more than One Foot. Love Father Ted. It's disturbingly accurate too, as I've met many of the archetypes in real life, even the Nazi priest, but I digress.

Are you a church goer?

Are you a church goer?

No. My family are.

Does anyone have any idea how he's doing?

Does anyone have any idea how he's doing?

He's famous, getting on and conspicuously ill; so doubtless he's trying to stay calm and rest whilst the Celebrity Big Brother producers are banging on the door!

• Like 1

Perhaps he's browsing through his medical book looking for what he can die of next?

• Like 1

I used to enjoy Only When I Laugh when I was a child. Simple, but good, clean, family chuckles.

• Like 1

My favorite Richard Wilson thing was Series 2 of Hot Metal opposite Robert Hardy.

• Like 1

My favorite Richard Wilson thing was Series 2 of Hot Metal opposite Robert Hardy.

Now that was a great show.

• Like 1

I used to enjoy Only When I Laugh when I was a child. Simple, but good, clean, family chuckles.

Yeah, like Texas Chainsaw Massacre - they were a close family too

• Like 1

Which got me thinking still got all of the main cast

James Bolam b.1935

Peter Bowles b.1936

Christopher Strauli b.1946

Richard Wilson b.1936

Derrick Branche b.1947

I agree would be a good No.50. Turned down the role of Victor Meldrew originally because he thought he was too young.

Ya know, the last public update on Wilson was 5 weeks ago. For an 80 year old with a heart attack, angina and a head injury. No news doesn't exactly speak confidence in his well being.

Now I've said that, he'll be announced tomorrow for Pointless Celebrities or whatever's having a Christmas special this year.

Also, apologies to anyone who sees a bump and thinks "he's dead". This was on Page 6, which for a fairly big celeb with ongoing health concern, was a rarity.

I'm pleased to say that Richard Wilson seems to be making a good recovery from his heart attack in august.He's been seen walking down the street near his home ,with the help of a walking stick.So still just one foot in the grave then ! https://www.list.co.uk/article/85598-richard-wilson-spotted-fit-and-well-for-the-first-time-since-heart-attack/

nintchdbpict000276058487.jpg?w=686&strip

Photo in The Sun - spoiler tagged for size.

He's looking good! I think we can forget him for next years list

But... But... I thought he was supposed to be the next Clive Dunn.

But... But... I thought he was supposed to be the next Clive Dunn.

I don't believe it.

• Like 3

Some memory loss but recovered and going back on the stage. Sounds like a sensible miss by the Cmme.