gcreptile

Shannen Doherty

Night night Prue.

p5za916rsu181.gif?width=500&auto=webp&s=

• Love 1

I remember how distraught Shannen was when Luke Perry died, Shannen said she was the one that should have gone and not Luke. I can imagine she must have been at peace at the end knowing she would be reunited with Luke again.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, The Immortal said:

I remember how distraught Shannen was when Luke Perry died, Shannen said she was the one that should have gone and not Luke. I can imagine she must have been at peace at the end knowing she would be reunited with Luke again.

Eh? She getting put into the same grave then?

• Facepalm 1

Im a little surprised Nolan outlasted her. I'm starting to see what ulitzer means about Nolan being an attention seeker.

• Thanks 1

I prayed for the death of Shannon Doherty many times and I felt bad every time I did it but I kept doing it anyway. Now I know you understood everything. Praise Jesus, hallelujah.

Kim Walker died from a brain tumour in 2001, aged 32.

Shannen Doherty now dead from breast cancer, aged 53.

Lisanne Falk, 60 in December, is now the last surviving Heather.

IMG_0878.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I prayed for the death of Shannon Doherty many times and I felt bad every time I did it but I kept doing it anyway. Now I know you understood everything. Praise Jesus, hallelujah.

What a vile excuse for a human being

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 2

She was the best looking actress of the 90s imho. There was someone at work who looked just like her at that time, and I seriously embarrassed myself chasing after her for a while.

• Like 1

I put her on one of my death lists, and she's one of the ones I felt really guilty about doing so. Shannen was very young and I was a fan.

I hate to admit it but the only reason I know who she is, is because of discussion about her on this site

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I hate to admit it but the only reason I know who she is, is because of discussion about her on this site

You hate to admit you know nothing of an actress famous for being in a teen soap? An american teen soap at that?

I'd wear a flag that I'm proud of it :P. And a bumper sticker....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yesterday I was thinking a little about Beverly Hills 90210 and how much I loved that show. For teenagers in the early 90s it was simply the ultimate show and everyone wanted to live the life that was shown to us there. Or was it just me? In any case, I was a huge fan and never missed an episode!

You probably can't even watch the show anymore, like Dallas or Dynasty - all shows of their time and no longer understandable today.

In any case, another symbol of my youth has died, which makes me think... Even though Shannen Doherty wasn't my favorite actress in the show and I didn't find her particularly likeable, she was still a main character. And after Luke Perry, she's the second one to die. Really sad.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I'm surprised only because Charmed was talked up huge in sfx and other geek mags in our shared interests about twenty years ago. Mostly because folk fancied Shannen and the other one.

Just now, msc said:

I'm surprised only because Charmed was talked up huge in sfx and other geek mags in our shared interests about twenty years ago. Mostly because folk fancied Shannen and the other one.

If that was between Babylon 5 ending and Nu Who starting I was probably not really engaged with any contemporary SF/F at that time. 

2 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

If that was between Babylon 5 ending and Nu Who starting I was probably not really engaged with any contemporary SF/F at that time. 

I have no idea when Babylon 5 ended (the creator is a twit so I've never seen it) but that sounds about right. Did you ever see Strange? You'd like that one. Sky tried to make their own Charmed for the UK, Hex, which if memory serves was absolutely shite.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, msc said:

I have no idea when Babylon 5 ended (the creator is a twit so I've never seen it) but that sounds about right. Did you ever see Strange? You'd like that one. Sky tried to make their own Charmed for the UK, Hex, which if memory serves was absolutely shite.

JMS may com across as slightly pompous on Social Media but he did a damn fine job of pulling off a story arc.

If you like B7 and the first season of Star Trek: Discovery Babylon 5 is well worth your time but watch it as cold as possible to avoid spoilers

I always thought shows like Charmed were basically just trying to mimic Buffy - which was something else I didn't watch

30 minutes ago, Book said:

Yesterday I was thinking a little about Beverly Hills 90210 and how much I loved that show. For teenagers in the early 90s it was simply the ultimate show and everyone wanted to live the life that was shown to us there. Or was it just me? In any case, I was a huge fan and never missed an episode!

You probably can't even watch the show anymore, like Dallas or Dynasty - all shows of their time and no longer understandable today.

In any case, another symbol of my youth has died, which makes me think... Even though Shannen Doherty wasn't my favorite actress in the show and I didn't find her particularly likeable, she was still a main character. And after Luke Perry, she's the second one to die. Really sad.

Of the secondary characters, Joe E. Tata died.

I liked Shannen/Brenda the best; I thought the other teens were insane. She was dramatic but usually correct. I was glad for her when she ditched them but it made the show less for me.

• Like 3

I was too old for all that shit.

On 14/07/2024 at 15:05, dimreaper said:

Im a little surprised Nolan outlasted her. I'm starting to see what ulitzer means about Nolan being an attention seeker.

Carter's old enough to be her grandfather and he's outlived her.