themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2017

David Quantick's Showbiz Pals has no uniques.

Haven't looked yet. I'll have a stroll, update my favourites etc etc.

Still, will allow me to start Round Ups quite early.

The Living End has 3 unique picks. Damn.

Yes, and if one of them gets a QO, I'll be kicking myself while DDT giggles all the way to the proverbial DDP bank!

• Like 1

Is just me, or can no one access the theme team league at the moment

Splendid new look TMIB.Your mastery of this arduous task always astounds me!

Is just me, or can no one access the theme team league at the moment

Not up yet. Still needs work. I haven't looked at the new theme teams yet. No List of the Lost either because there's no one in it yet!

The Living End has 3 unique picks. Damn.

Yes, and if one of them gets a QO, I'll be kicking myself while DDT giggles all the way to the proverbial DDP bank!

I think there's a good chance none of them will get required obits! But nothing ventured, nothing gained and all that.

I see that Diana Rots is going for a risky strategy of only naming 16 players in their squad.

Also, watch out for that crafty Pelican.

• Like 4

What happened to Thomas Jefferson Survives 20th pick. I just noticed he only has 19.

Hmm, lost a few potential uniques to that pesky team picking 1982 pop stars!

Overall not entirely unexpected. What will be, will be.

Think tmib mentioned this already but Jesus Jones has given up the game and Mr C is making a 19th appearance - father of the hearse position assured for him then!

A warm welcome to new teams Ars-in-hole, Centuarians (by the looks of it someones misspelt versionof my former Centenarians theme team), D34D 1n Num53r2 (which appears designed to fuck up the scrambling system and ruin the A-Z system, I like how tmib has actually put the claim to fame in the team here, they're that obscure), the optimistic Donald Trumps Hit-List theme team, the Losing the Plot dementia theme team, That Guy or Girl Who Was in That Thing (the one-hit wonder theme team for actors), the dissapointing The Right to Die team which is actually American lunatics rather than campaigners as I'd thought upon first spotting it, and around 120 odd other new teams.

• Like 1

D34D 1n Num53r2, Death-o-mator and The Rookie Draft all get 20 uniques, a first right?

And a major failure for Most Unique Picks 2017 who get 19 and are let down by Holger Czukay

My favourite new team names: Heads of Fate, His and Hearse, Grief Encounter, Dead Kennedys & Fat kids always win at seesaw!

• Like 3

D34D 1n Num53r2 gets 20 uniques, a first right?

I think another one has as well - Death-o-mater?

What happened to Thomas Jefferson Survives 20th pick. I just noticed he only has 19.

I think it's Wayne Barrett, not sure.

Just checked out my list on the new look website. Very nice work TMIB. How Ivor Bell is a unique pick I have no idea but there we go.

Only one thing though, I put Joe Jackson (Michael Jackson's father) on my list and its been put down as a different Joe Jackson. I'm guessing there is no way to change that now...

I'll wait till it's fully updated. I know I screwed up with my picks because I forgot to take Nancy Reagan off, and I had submitted it before Liz Smith died.
I have Nick Clifford on my list, but it's under the theme team of "List of The Last"

I think joint third is the highest my Advent Avalanche team will ever be this competition.

Also like that MC Ren unique. Makes me happy one of my non theme teams have a unique

Spotted a trivial issue, TMIB. The Roman numerals on this should read XXI (21) and not XII (12)

ddp2017logo.png

D34D 1n Num53r2 gets 20 uniques, a first right?

I think another one has as well - Death-o-mater?

Updated the post above as I was going there was three, the two mentioned above and the jailbait team of The Rookie Draft. Currently scanning to see if anyone's got twenty drop 40s.

There are also a couple of teams that have really gone for broke with the not-so-famous sick ones...

audience-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif

to TMIB ^

Oooh, I'm joint 3rd and joint 11th, with my theme team outperforming the main team. Let me savour the moment before the inevitable slide. :lol:

And a random observation .... Martin McGuinness is a unique pick! Whose team is Lived So Let's Die, anyone here?

• Like 7

Website's missing my hit on Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani. Amazed he was unique, but I'll take it.

Btw. This website is incredible. How many man-hours do you put into it for all of this data. Good stuff!

Tiny & Ellie's Pick of the Drops gets 18 Drop 40's (losing out with Daisy Berkowitz) but still wins the most Drop 40's award. No 20 this year, a few dozen teams between 15-18 at a guess.

Tiny & Ellie's Pick of the Drops gets 19 Drop 40's (losing out with Daisy Berkowitz) but still wins the most Drop 40's award. No 20 this year, a few dozen teams between 15-18 at a guess.

18. Helen Fawkes didn't make it either...