The Mad Hatter

The Dead Of 2017

15 hours ago, The Dead Cow said:

Hmm, Google says Randle died on the 23rd of May but Wikipedia says he died on the 24th and indeed this article says he died on a Wednesday which implies the 24th, the same day as Sonny West's death.

Edit: In fact, Landham and Burgess were a day apart dying on the 17th and 18th respectively.

I think the lesson here is that if you are named Sonny, and someone else named Sonny has died, you better watch your Ps and Qs the next day.

Australian Olympic cycling coach Gary West had MND. I only noticed in January (he announced it late last year) but as he was on no DDP teams this year, he sat on my list for 2018. Anyhow, scratch him off, as he's dead aged 57, and gets a Mail obit to boot.

Annoying, but probably more annoying for him, tbh.

2 hours ago, msc said:

Very droll, Joey. :lol:

Just stupid imho.  Not sure if punk-ass is holding me responsible for scouring the entire site before coming back here to make a learned post.  But given reaction to his post, maybe there are a plethora of morons around here (I know I know.... rhetorical).  So I apologize for MY stupidity in opening this link first, not seeing an obit link, and commenting on that fact; THEN going elsewhere and seeing the obit posted.  Oh woe is me and my newbie actions.  SMFH
SC

Big one!

Jerry Lewis.

28 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

It's going to be even sadder when someone comes on tomorrow to break the news that Jerry Lewis has died aged 91 on the Dead of 2017 thread. 

4 minutes ago, Whitehouse said:

Big one!

Jerry Lewis.

IMG_0432.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Angry 1

Glad to step on your toes. Yes,  I know....

4 hours ago, drol said:

:clivedunn:

They don't like it up 'em!

So that's where Rob Liefeld gets his inspiration from.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 22-8-2017 at 19:09, Spade_Cooley said:

Bodybuiler Dallas "Big Country" McCarver dead at the ripe old age of 26, a mere five years after he turned pro. Can't imagine what might have caused his death....

And now another star in this business dies.

http://www.ad.nl/buitenland/sportwereld-in-shock-bodybuilder-rich-piana-overleden~ae9dbf5c/

Do Bodybuilders have their own thread??

?appId=21791a8992982cd8da851550a453bd7f&quality=0.9

Rich Piana, former Mr. California, and now a bodybuilder, in medically induced coma, but his "stunning" girlfriend Chanel says he's STILL alive:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4238307/rich-piana-coma-news-update-bodybuilder/

Has The Sun become the British TMZ copy/pasters? You know, a poor man's version of the Daily Mail/AP copy/paste?

DEAD

Thanks for the update Whitehouse 

Alan Root (IMDb), a British born Kenyan cinematographer, has died aged 80. He is best known for his wildlife documentaries, including the Academy Award nominated Mysterious Castles of Clay. His former wife, Joan Root (IMDb), also worked on documentaries until she was shot and killed in Kenya - she received an obituary from The Guardian

Edit: The Telegraph, Guardian, The Times obituaries.