RadGuy

Thoughts On The 2017 List

Enough low-hangers for a good score this year and the DL selection c'tee are tending towards bankers.

IMHO Gazza may well be a major miss this year - other than that well impressed.

Very mixed bunch of new picks.I think Toy Booth Leah Bracknell Gord Downie Errol Christie David Rockefeller King Michael and Jill Gascoine are very strong picks.I dont think Betty White or Honor Blackman will go this year though.Surprised Starstedt and Skellern wheren't on the list though.

Pretty solid list!! I like it! i think this list can be record breaking!

My predictions for hits:

Errol Christie:January 19th

King Michael of Romania:February 16th

Gord Downie:4th March

Billy Graham:15th March

Tony Booth:19th March

Peter Sallis:2nd May

Nobby Stiles:6th June

George H W Bush:July 29th

David Rockefeller:1st September

Leah Bracknell :4th September

Jill Gascoine:6th September

Denis Norden:13th October

Gay Byrne:1st November

Javier Perez de Cuellar:14th December

Glen Campbell:23rd December

Leslie Phillips:27th December

16/50

Initial thoughts:

• Kirk Douglas: A decent shot on age.
  • Vera Lynn: Reportedly in frail health and unable to attend things now. A solid pick.
  • Rev Billy Graham: Will probably survive the list, but have another few “Please pray for” moments.
  • Lord Carrington: Think he’ll see 100 but I thought that about Healey.
  • Peter Sallis: I thought he was a goner in 2016, I certainly do in 2017. One year I might be right...
  • Prince Philip: Undroppable.
  • Denis Norden: Seems in good enough nick for his age.
  • Pierre Cardin: Ah, he’s back.
  • Stan Lee: Seems in good enough nick for his age.
  • Olivia de Havilland: Seems in good enough nick for her advanced age.
  • Herman Wouk: Quite old.
  • Tony Booth: Falling to pieces, if he makes 2018, give him a medal.
  • Bob Dole: Survived the Republican nomination thing.
  • Leah Bracknell: Stage IV cancer and reliant on shamans. Fucked.
  • Jimmy Carter: Seems in good nick, but at the upper limits of Presidential longevity.
  • Gord Downie: terminal glioblastoma. A cert.
  • Leslie Phillips – Not only quiet since those strokes, but pics of him in the Mail were hideous last year. On the road out.
  • Robert Mugabe – will see 2018, in my book.
  • Javier Perez de Cuellar – zzzzzzzz
  • Jake Lamotta – Not sure how he made his 96th year.
  • King Michael – leukaemia in a 95 year old is probably trouble.
  • Betty White – in fine health for her age, best I know.
  • Nobby Stiles – Said to be “gravely ill”.
  • Queen Elizabeth II – Should be undroppable from now on.
  • Jill Gascoine – Husband said she was in the final stages of dementia. Difficult to judge these things in time.
  • Bob Barker – Seems OK for his age?
  • Doug Ellis – Quite old.
  • George Bush Sr – Somewhat frailer than Carter, but still going strong. Would be a bad miss, though.
  • Honor Blackman – Really awful health for a long time, so I am led to believe, but seemed highly perked up in her recent TV appearances. Getting better, or her previous was exaggerated – who knows?
  • Ian St John – bladder cancer spreading after surgery. Fecked.
  • Hugh Hefner – Old.
  • David Prowse – Ill, but not quite as badly as was made out to believe. Apparently he still tweets.
  • Jerry Lewis – Oh, he’s back.
  • David Rockefeller – Very old.
  • Sandy Gall – I think this is an attempt to out-jinx the Deathlist jinx, by keeping on someone who would usually be dropped and then die.
  • Pope Benedict XVI – Said to be in very frail health.
  • Bruce Forsyth – Probably a banker, imo.
  • Fats Domino – Still no idea how he’s outlived most of his contemporaries. His healthier contemporaries.
  • Hosni Mubarak – Dont trust him, but he’s getting old.
  • Desmond Tutu – Too big to miss, imo, and accumulating old age health issues.
  • Akihito – General view? If the Japanese government committee are suggesting he can abdicate, in Japan, then he’s fucked.
  • Gay Byrne – Think he was being over dramatic tbh.
  • Glen Campbell – A must for 2017, surely.
  • Liz Dawn – First time on the Deathlist, despite many years of folk asking for her. The Ali gambit once more?
  • John Noakes – Said to be very poorly with dementia when he disappeared in Summer 2015. He was found, and survived 2016, but it suggests 2017 might be a tough one for him.
  • Valerie Harper – Well she is still terminal, just how slowly terminal?
  • Joost van der Westhuizen – Frail at Christmas, lasted 6 years with ALS now.
  • Mary Tyler Moore – Her again!
  • Errol Christie – “Year to live” sometime pre-May 2016. A cert.
  • Ian Brady – Says he is terminally ill. I say he’s a scumbag liar, but a hit here would be lovely.

I'm thinking 15/50, conservatively, and a record breaking year.

Good analysis. I also think this year has got the best chance possible of breaking the record.

Some of the fish were already dead before they got shot.

Its a list compiled by person (s) who don't really give a shit anymore but do it out of duty.

Its like hating your job but you keep trudging into work coz you have people at home that are relying on you.

Good analysis, msc.

My guess: 20/50

Good analysis, msc.

My guess: 20/50

That wouldn`t surprise me.About 40 of the list are either as old as dirt or gravely ill.

Good good list. It is intended to be a record breaking list and it will probably be (it woulde be very unlucky to get less than 15 hits). My only remark is the exclusion of Mario Soares. But now I'll share some thoughts.

1)Kirk Douglas: He's the new god of DL after Zsa Zsa's death. I think this will be his last year, but he has no particular health issues. He sometimes uses a wheelchair and had a heart attack 21 years ago, but now he's really an old old Deadpooling legend.
2)Vera Lynn: Old and frail. Good pick.
3)Billy Graham: Living with Parkinson for 25 years. His death can not be distant.
4)Lord Carrington: No health issues, but his death would not astonish anyone.
5)Peter Sallis: A dead cert. He's frail, old and ill. Excellent pick (I said the same things last year).
6)Philip: Unlikely to die, but undroppable.
7)Denis Norden: He's old and blind, but he could make it. Fifty-fifty.
8)Pierre Cardin: Just too dusty to see another year out. Bring a coffin for him.
9)Stan Lee: He won't die.
10)Olivia de Havilland: She's in excellent health. Doubt she will die, but she'll surely become DL favourite after the death of Mr. Douglas.
11)Herman Wouk: Old, old, old. Probably his year.
12)Tony Booth: Alzheimer's, lumps in throat, respiratory troubles. Good pick, not a dead cert, but surely a favourite.
13)Bob Dole: Surprised me. I think he won't go anywhere in 2017.
14)Leah Bracknell: She is THE dead cert this year. Not really deathlisty, though.
15)Jimmy Carter: Bad pick.
16)Gord Downie: Another dead cert. Cheap and good pick.
17)Leslie Phillips: Old, fraiò, multiple strokes. Bye Bye.
18)Robert Mugabe: Worst pick on here. He's still trolling on DL at 92. What are you expecting?
19)Javier Perez de Cuellar: His death would be a deliverance from a boring perennial pick.
20)Jake Lamotta: Too many shots to the head. 2017 will be his year.
21)KIng Michael: Dead cert.
22)Betty White: She could see another year out. I doubt she'll die here.
23)Nobby Styles: Good pick, but not a dead cert.
24)The Queen: Just too much to ask 2017 if 2016 has not killed her. She'll be here till 2025 at least.
25)Jill Gascoine: A dead cert... of 2018.
26)Bob Barker: Nope. Bad pick.
27)Doug Ellis: Trying to prevent his death when he's not on DL. And it will work.
28)George H W Bush: He'll se 2018.
29)Honor Blackman: Old, but unsinkable, Wasted spot.
30)Ian St. John: Not a dead cert, but one between him and Nobby will go.
31)Hugh Hefner: If rumours are true he's fucked.
32)David Prowse: Not likely, but you never know.
33)Jerry Lewis: No, he won't die. Next DL bedblocker to reach 8 appearances.
34)David Rockefeller: This guy he's Satan. It would be a good riddance.
35)Sandy Gall: Useless and tasteless pick.Hope he goes because I don't want to see his name in 2018.
36)Pope Benedict: Maybe. Or maybe not.
37)Bruce Forsyth: A year is long to pass, Goodbye, Bruce.
38)Fats Domino: Likely to die. I say yes.
39)Hosni Mubarak. Nah, he's only a old liar
40)Desmond Tutu. Nah, he's only an old liar seeking attention. Don't trust the infamous Moors Murderer.
41)Akihito: Too early.
42)Gay Byrne: Exaggerated.
43)Glen Campbell: He'on every deadpool team of mine, so he HAS to go.
44)Liz Dawn: No. Bad pick, old hag.
45)John Noakes. It's you year, Johnny.
46)Valerie Harper. Bad pick.
47)Joost van der Westhuizen: Likely to go. Let's say yes.
48)MTM: Bad pick.
49)Errol Christie: You like to win easy, eh?
50)Ian Brady: He had troubles last year and he's an old African archbishop. Good pick.

Someone's reply saying I confused Brady and Tutu coming in 3, 2, ...

• Like 2

Good good list. It is intended to be a record breaking list and it will probably be (it woulde be very unlucky to get less than 15 hits). My only remark is the exclusion of Mario Soares. But now I'll share some thoughts.

1)Kirk Douglas: He's the new god of DL after Zsa Zsa's death. I think this will be his last year, but he has no particular health issues. He sometimes uses a wheelchair and had a heart attack 21 years ago, but now he's really an old old Deadpooling legend.

2)Vera Lynn: Old and frail. Good pick.

3)Billy Graham: Living with Parkinson for 25 years. His death can not be distant.

4)Lord Carrington: No health issues, but his death would not astonish anyone.

5)Peter Sallis: A dead cert. He's frail, old and ill. Excellent pick (I said the same things last year).

6)Philip: Unlikely to die, but undroppable.

7)Denis Norden: He's old and blind, but he could make it. Fifty-fifty.

8)Pierre Cardin: Just too dusty to see another year out. Bring a coffin for him.

9)Stan Lee: He won't die.

10)Olivia de Havilland: She's in excellent health. Doubt she will die, but she'll surely become DL favourite after the death of Mr. Douglas.

11)Herman Wouk: Old, old, old. Probably his year.

12)Tony Booth: Alzheimer's, lumps in throat, respiratory troubles. Good pick, not a dead cert, but surely a favourite.

13)Bob Dole: Surprised me. I think he won't go anywhere in 2017.

14)Leah Bracknell: She is THE dead cert this year. Not really deathlisty, though.

15)Jimmy Carter: Bad pick.

16)Gord Downie: Another dead cert. Cheap and good pick.

17)Leslie Phillips: Old, fraiò, multiple strokes. Bye Bye.

18)Robert Mugabe: Worst pick on here. He's still trolling on DL at 92. What are you expecting?

19)Javier Perez de Cuellar: His death would be a deliverance from a boring perennial pick.

20)Jake Lamotta: Too many shots to the head. 2017 will be his year.

21)KIng Michael: Dead cert.

22)Betty White: She could see another year out. I doubt she'll die here.

23)Nobby Styles: Good pick, but not a dead cert.

24)The Queen: Just too much to ask 2017 if 2016 has not killed her. She'll be here till 2025 at least.

25)Jill Gascoine: A dead cert... of 2018.

26)Bob Barker: Nope. Bad pick.

27)Doug Ellis: Trying to prevent his death when he's not on DL. And it will work.

28)George H W Bush: He'll se 2018.

29)Honor Blackman: Old, but unsinkable, Wasted spot.

30)Ian St. John: Not a dead cert, but one between him and Nobby will go.

31)Hugh Hefner: If rumours are true he's fucked.

32)David Prowse: Not likely, but you never know.

33)Jerry Lewis: No, he won't die. Next DL bedblocker to reach 8 appearances.

34)David Rockefeller: This guy he's Satan. It would be a good riddance.

35)Sandy Gall: Useless and tasteless pick.Hope he goes because I don't want to see his name in 2018.

36)Pope Benedict: Maybe. Or maybe not.

37)Bruce Forsyth: A year is long to pass, Goodbye, Bruce.

38)Fats Domino: Likely to die. I say yes.

39)Hosni Mubarak. Nah, he's only a old liar

40)Desmond Tutu. Nah, he's only an old liar seeking attention. Don't trust the infamous Moors Murderer.

41)Akihito: Too early.

42)Gay Byrne: Exaggerated.

43)Glen Campbell: He'on every deadpool team of mine, so he HAS to go.

44)Liz Dawn: No. Bad pick, old hag.

45)John Noakes. It's you year, Johnny.

46)Valerie Harper. Bad pick.

47)Joost van der Westhuizen: Likely to go. Let's say yes.

48)MTM: Bad pick.

49)Errol Christie: You like to win easy, eh?

50)Ian Brady: He had troubles last year and he's an old African archbishop. Good pick.

Someone's reply saying I confused Brady and Tutu coming in 3, 2, ...

Leah Bracknell I would say is Deathlisty.Most people on the forums and people I have spoken to know who she is.She was a major cast member in Emmerdale for 16 years meaning millions of people watched her performances on TV regularly.Not as iconic as Liz Dawn but a very good actress with many memorable storylines. I would say any actress who has served over a decade as a main cast member in one of the three main soaps in Britain can be considered deathlisty.

• Like 1

40) Desmond Tutu. Nah, he's only an old liar seeking attention. Don't trust the infamous Moors Murderer.

50) Ian Brady: He had troubles last year and he's an old African archbishop. Good pick.

happy-smiley58.gif

• Like 4

I usually predicted 16, and I am tempted to predict that or more this year, as it's a damn good list...

But I can't. I predict 14. The list is great, with many terminally ill folk. But what with all the old people and icons dying in recent years, I expect us to hit a lull with them, an since we rely on them to beat the record, we won't.

Buuuut I'm gonna predict 16 anyway. :D

January 10, 2017: Gord Downie

February 2, 2017: Peter Sallis

February 18, 2017: Nobby Stiles

April 1, 2017: King Michael I of Romania

April 28, 2017: Errol Christie

May 3, 2017: Doug Ellis

May 8, 2017: Leah Bracknell

May 29, 2017: Tony Booth

July 13, 2017: Glen Campbell

July 21, 2017: Joost van der Westhuizen

September 5, 2017: Mary Tyler Moore

September 19, 2017: Vera Lynn

October 16, 2017: Robert Mugabe

October 31, 2017: Javier Perez de Cuellar

December 6, 2017: Ian St. John

December 14, 2017: George H. W. Bush

Leah Bracknell I would say is Deathlisty.Most people on the forums and people I have spoke to know who she is.She was a major cast member in Emmerdale for 16 years meaning millions of people watched her performances on TV regularly.Not as iconic as Liz Dawn but a very average actress with one memorable storyline. I would say any actress who has served over a decade as a main cast member in one of the three main soaps in Britain can be considered deathlisty.

FTFY (but the fucked quotes are all my own work)

Leah Bracknell I would say is Deathlisty.Most people on the forums and people I have spoke to know who she is.She was a major cast member in Emmerdale for 16 years meaning millions of people watched her performances on TV regularly.Not as iconic as Liz Dawn but a very average actress with one memorable storyline. I would say any actress who has served over a decade as a main cast member in one of the three main soaps in Britain can be considered deathlisty.

What did you fix? Reads the same afaics

What did you fix? Reads the same afaics

The original post has been changed. He put that she was a very good actress with many memorable storylines. I changed it to a very average actress with one memorable storyline and now that is exactly what his original post says.

Changed it back thought it was a punctuation thing.I need to go to specsavers!

My crappy use of the quote function on my phone probably added to the confusion 😄

• Like 1

I agree with Lardy.

Here is my prediction for hits:

12th January: Gord Downie

21st February: Peter Sallis

4th March: King Michael of Romania

28th March: Errol Christie

5th April: Nobby Stiles

14th May: Leah Bracknell

28th June: Tony Booth

14th July: Glen Campbell

28th August: Ian St. John

25th September: Javier Perez de Cuellar

21st October: Vera Lynn

11th November: Valerie Harper

17th November: George H. W. Bush

15th December: Robert Mugabe

28th December: Herman Wouk

15/50

Solid 15-20/30 list.

Leah brackneell, king Michael, Errol Christie and Tony Booth only have around a couple of months left at best. Gord downie is almost at his life expectancy while glen Campbell has exceeded it. Peter Saillas, prince Phillip, Javier de cruller,vera Lynn and Herman wouk are all at the age where a cold could be lethal. Desmond tutu and jimmy carter have had health problems that would have killed other people by now. David prowse has been a ambulance chaser for years. Pope benedict and emperor whats his face are now too frail for their duties and finally robert mugabe deserves to die. Bruce Forsythe refuses to appear in public and sound like death. Gay Bryne has metastatic cancer. So yeah its beginning to look like a good year.

• Like 2

"A discussion forum also allows Internet users to discuss names to include, even if the "Committee" makes it a duty not to follow their suggestions."

:lol:

From last year's article on the same site (which features an interview with Magere Hein!):

"If the Committee has sometimes had a hollow nose (Leonard Nimoy in 2015 or Lauren Bacall in 2014 died after their first appearance in the list), it has more trouble with others. Fidel Castro and Kirk Douglas make their appearance in the 2016 edition for the thirteenth and fourteenth time respectively. The record, however, is still held by Clive Dunn, a British actor affectionately known as "the darling of the Deathlist" , appeared in the rankings sixteen times before dying in 2012.

Fourteen good predictions

As for all tops, the Committee does not necessarily try to satisfy its readers - free to suffer their wrath, as a forum administrator tells us:

"Subscribers are suggestions and are cheerfully ignored by the Committee, whose choices are ultimately ridiculed on the forum the first days of the year ."

Source: http://www.slate.fr/story/112389/deathlist-predire-mort-celebrites

Also, an article about the French version of Death List:

"Faced with accusations of bad taste, budding bettors make low profile, a small smile in a corner. "Of course, yes, it's bad taste, it's taboo, it's immature. I am aware of it, "recognizes Gregory. "Black humor does not prevent sadness," says one who was very saddened by the death of Jacques Rivette, his favorite director (who was on his list).

One of his friends, Nicolas, 35, thinks this attraction for bad taste comes from further afield. "It is also, without wanting to find a serious excuse, a way of exorcising. I obviously include myself in the possible deaths, I know I can spend tomorrow, next week or in six months. But that's life. "

Romain, proudly claims this state of mind. "Many people are offended but it does not stop them from sending a mail when they see a death on the Internet. I think they would love to play with us. " Not all. One of them has tutoy the limits of the game. Former player, Fabrice has decided to stop the bets. "The rule was to choose someone who has a Wikipedia page . One of my friends bet on his grandfather, who has one. Even if it was a joke, I thought it was going too far. "

All insist: it is a list of possibilities and not wishes. Their play, even in bad taste, does not affect the life or death of celebrities. Promise, they assure: if the year 2016 was as deadly for the stars, it is not their fault!"

Source: http://www.20minutes.fr/societe/1986967-20161229-pleurez-encore-morts-2016-parient-ceux-annee-prochaine

While I am, in general, satisfied with the list, I am pretty pissed of at the positioning - I could see all of the top 10 making it to 2018! (If anything, no more than one or two dead unless it'll be a repeat of 2016 type of year).