Grim Reaper

Forum Downtime [completed]

Oh no, not Drol. I loved him like a father.One that leathered his kids and went to jail for it maybe, but a father nonetheless.

Screenshot_20170221-083641.png

Am I banned?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, drol said:

Am I banned?

Doesn't look like it and can't see why you would be. Amiamo italiani.

• Like 1

Just now, rockhopperpenguin said:

Doesn't look like it and can't see why you would be. Amiamo italiani.

Sexual pervert!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rockhopperpenguin said:

Americanised dates, no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny, that's one of the few things I liked from the update.

• Like 1

Grrr. It doesn't even show who likes your own posts anymore.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, joeyruss said:

Grrr. It doesn't even show who likes your own posts anymore.

They're all from me Joey.

• Like 1

Hmmm... I have to look twice what the post is actually... that's a little exhausting...

Is there anyone working on the refinements that are still needed?  Stuff like 'go to first unread post'?

The functionality is surely there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Toast said:

Is there anyone working on the refinements that are still needed?  Stuff like 'go to first unread post'?

Probably not Toastie.

Reading the forum is too much like hard work now.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Toast said:

Not sure if this is what you're after, but on the front page (from clicking 'unread content') there's a star or circle between the avatar and the thread title. Click on that.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Toast said:

Reading the forum is too much like hard work now.

Its an assault on the eyeballs. I feel like Ive got fuggin snow blindness.

Most of the changes havent improved anything at all, its like going into Tescos and finding out they they have moved all the products about, they are still all there but its become a bastard to find them.

Its fucking killed the place, I dont feel like I want to be here anymore.

32 minutes ago, time said:

Not sure if this is what you're after, but on the front page (from clicking 'unread content') there's a star or circle between the avatar and the thread title. Click on that.A

^^^ example of the shitness. Only way to get full forum on android is via adblock browser. Other browsers have given me the shitier mobile version. Quote doesn't work on all versions, and loads  more. Kudos for upload image and embedding but in reality it is shite. P & B did this last year, look at their support forum for what we will be facing. Quote and newline still doesn't work on all formats there.... And , they launched an app......if DL launches one in next two years, then we know why re this shite.

• Like 2

Ooo. And for all the Harry accounts... P&B sorted the 'who liked ' problem.... We'll get all your accounts :D

3 hours ago, charon said:

Ooo. And for all the Harry accounts... P&B sorted the 'who liked ' problem.... We'll get all your accounts :D

Are we talking about THE greatest poster to ever have dwelled on here amongst us mere mortals or am I thinking of another complete w***er?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, time said:

Not sure if this is what you're after, but on the front page (from clicking 'unread content') there's a star or circle between the avatar and the thread title. Click on that.

Yes, that's it.  Thanks!  It's the same as on the old board, so I can only guess it wasn't there at first but has reappeared, like the signatures.

Is anyone else getting where if you have a thread open but you are looking at another tab you'll get a sound that notifies you of a new reply to said thread?

32 minutes ago, Rhys said:

Is anyone else getting where if you have a thread open but you are looking at another tab you'll get a sound that notifies you of a new reply to said thread?

You can turn that off in your settings.  Thank fuck.

I must voice my displeasure that we no longer have the button to click on that dropped down the most recent post without having to actually enter the thread.  It was a massive time saver, now I have to wait for each thread to open.

Complaint over.  Duly noted.

SC

Not a fan of the new look to the forum to be honest!

@Death Impends Any chance we can have the 'load more topics' button back on the forum pages?

LMT.jpg

I do wish we could have the Unread Content page less cluttered too.  Even opting for the "condensed" display leaves a lots of unnecessary clutter.

I don't need to know who's posted in the threads, and I don't need to see a tiny version of their avatar.  It just makes it more awkward to click on the star/circle that takes you to the first unread post.  I don't need that speech bubble icon on the left either. 

All that is required is the name of the thread where there is unread content, and the aforementioned star/circle button.