gcreptile

The Dead of 2018

Maura Jacobson, who for 31 years made crossword puzzles for New York magazine that were beloved by aficionados for their pun-filled wit, died on Christmas Day  in White Plains. She was 91.

7 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Maura Jacobson, who for 31 years made crossword puzzles for New York magazine that were beloved by aficionados for their pun-filled wit, died on Christmas Day  in White Plains. She was 91.

Dead again in 2018?

2 hours ago, bladan said:

Dead again in 2018?

Are we supposed to keep posting those who actually died in 2017 in the Dead of 2017 thread?  
I'm over it.  I go by date posted, and allow you to sift through the obit for details.

SC

Rick Hall, American record producer, songwriter and owner of the FAME Studios, has died aged 85. He wrote songs for George Jones and Brenda Lee, whilst his recording studios were used by artists such as Aretha Franklin, Little Richard, The Rolling Stones, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Gregg Allman. 

Edit: Daily MailThe Guardian, The Telegraph obituaries.

• Like 2

Ferdinando imposimato. the head of the supreme court of Italy has died at the age of 81

39 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Rick Hall, American record producer, songwriter and owner of the FAME Studios, has died aged 85. He wrote songs for George Jones and Brenda Lee, whilst his recording studios were used by artists such as Aretha Franklin, Little Richard, The Rolling Stones, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Gregg Allman. 

I'd say this is 2018's first legit death.  RIP

20 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

I'll pop this here although I'm not sure if she died 2017 or 2018.

Reports coming in that Peggy Cummins, Welsh born actress famous for Gun Crazy, and DDP Pick for 2017 has died:

2017, Friday 29th, according to this.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, time said:

Yeah, I posted that over the Dead of 2017 some time ago.

1 hour ago, time said:

might as well post any 2017 deaths here as I doubt anyone will bother reading the 2017 thread 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

might as well post any 2017 deaths here as I doubt anyone will bother reading the 2017 thread 

They might not right now, but for anybody using the threads as a reference later on it would be helpful to post deaths in the appropriate thread.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Yeah, I posted that over the Dead of 2017 some time ago.

Fiar enough, I haven't read that thread for a couple of days now! ^_^:P;)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, time said:

Fiar enough, I haven't read that thread for a couple of days now! ^_^:P;)

We move on quickly round these parts ha ha!

17 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

I already made a comment along the lines if someone thinks I’m posting in the 2017 thread they’re a loony.  Just make a notation ‘died in 2017’ in your post if you feel so compelled, that’s my suggestion.  I actually underlined ‘died on Christmas’  and still got called out, like someone couldn’t figure out that was 2017.  Smh

SC

51 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:
17 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

I already made a comment along the lines if someone thinks I’m posting in the 2017 thread they’re a loony.  Just make a notation ‘died in 2017’ in your post if you feel so compelled, that’s my suggestion.  I actually underlined ‘died on Christmas’  and still got called out, like someone couldn’t figure out that was 2017.  Smh

SC

I'll repeat my opinion then.

They might not right now, but for anybody using the threads as a reference later on it would be helpful to post deaths in the appropriate thread.

SMFH

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Toast said:

I'll repeat my opinion then.

SMFH

I understand your point.
Hey, this is honest to God true.....I JUST found a US politician who had a leukemia diagnosis in July 2016, and is stepping down from office this year (finally).  Looks like none of us discovered him or figured he wasn't worth posting.   So it being 18 months old, do I post it in "Ideas for 2017"?  ;)  (Ted Poe of TX btw).
SC

One can always be a possibility for next year as long as they're still alive. Whereas a person can only die in one year. Hence why I locked IAPF2018 but kept Dead of 2017 open.

• Thanks 1

However, he could also die this year so would still qualify for IAPF2018. 

Too late for most of the deadpools, but might still come in handy.

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

However, he could also die this year so would still qualify for IAPF2018. 

Too late for most of the deadpools, but might still come in handy.

Might be useful if there was a Deathlist Cup type thing, you know, where FFBI picks are banned.  :D

• Like 1

Frank Buxton (IMDb), US actor, writer and director, has died aged 87. He was the voice as Batfink, as well as providing voices for Chip 'n' Dale Rescue RangersAll-New Dennis The Menace and The Garfield Show. He wrote and directed episodes of The Odd Couple and Happy Days.

3 hours ago, Thatcher said:

Frank Buxton (IMDb), US actor, writer and director, has died aged 87. He was the voice as Batfink, as well as providing voices for Chip 'n' Dale Rescue RangersAll-New Dennis The Menace and The Garfield Show. He wrote and directed episodes of The Odd Couple and Happy Days.

His wings of steel did nothing to prevent death.

17 hours ago, CastAway said:

Tony Calder, music promoter and executive who worked with a variety of bands, including The Beatles and Rolling Stones, has died aged 74.

Aye, summat of a character - fond of a party and a pretty girl but ask a surviving band member from any act signed to Immediate Records if he knew what he was doing and you might have to stand well back as they respond. 

Quite likely the only man who can claim up close and personal involvement in strategies that made both The Beatles and Jive Bunny big hit acts

• Thanks 1