gcreptile

The Dead of 2018

Donnelly Rhodes (IMDb), a Canadian character actor, has died aged 80. He appeared in TV shows such as Battlestar GalacticaDa Vinci's InquestMurder She Wrote and Soap.

On Monday, January 08, 2018 at 19:06, Thatcher said:

Donnelly Rhodes (IMDb), a Canadian character actor, has died aged 80. He appeared in TV shows such as Battlestar GalacticaDa Vinci's InquestMurder She Wrote and Soap.

I remember him more from his role in Soap.

• Like 1

Former Liverpool shot stopper Tommy Lawrence aka the flying pig has died 

On 10/01/2018 at 11:54, Exu said:

Former Liverpool shot stopper Tommy Lawrence aka the flying pig has died 

Ah yes - I'd forgotten. Of course he was the flying pig for a while - until Carlisle signed Joe Laidlaw and he combined a thinly disguised beer gut with an uncanny ability to head in goals. For those unfamiliar with Laidlaw it is worth noting he spent some of his post football years trunding along a wire high in the air as Pink Floyd played on stage.

Hearing Bella Emberg (actress) has died aged 80. Link to follow (or apology given death reports this week!)

• Thanks 1

Oh a name from the past - RIP if she has gone.

Here is an article interviewing her from middle of last year.

“A lot of people think I’m dead anyway,” adds tiny, chuckling 79-year-old Bella

And it sounds like now a lot of people are right.

A bunch of creative in the know types posting about it on Facebook, so I think it could be true. Obit might be a few days off though, as tends to be the case with old school actors/actresses - the nerds hear well ahead of the press!

2 hours ago, msc said:

Hearing Bella Emberg (actress) has died aged 80. Link to follow (or apology given death reports this week!)

I'll wager it's a hoax or a blunder; woman is still alive. She's a superheroine.

3 minutes ago, Cat O'Falk said:

I'll wager it's a hoax or a blunder; woman is still alive. She's a superheroine.

Possibly, though the Music Hall lot (I changed the broken link) are the lot who broke the news of Jimmy Perry's death in 2016.

It's a  great loss to British showbusiness.Few people appreciate what a great actress and singer she was, as well as comedienne. Many people will be saddened and distressed to hear this news. RIP 

PS her death must have been sudden because she was scheduled to appear in 3 episodes of a new tv series starring Idris Elba this year http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0256082/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t9

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just saw the unveiling of a statue for former Glasgow player Fernando Ricksen at his former club Fortuna Sittard in the Netherlands. As is well known over here he is suffering from ALS. He was not looking very well I can tell. He couldn't comment on what was happening so I think his speech is more or less gone now. I think he should have been included in the Top50 on the front page.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Whitehouse said:

Just saw the unveiling of a statue for former Glasgow player Fernando Ricksen at his former club Fortuna Sittard in the Netherlands. As is well known over here he is suffering from ALS. He was not looking very well I can tell. He couldn't comment on what was happening so I think his speech is more or less gone now. I think he should have been included in the Top50 on the front page.

But he's not dead yet, is he?

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

But he's not dead yet, is he?

No one in the top 50 is....

7 minutes ago, Whitehouse said:

No one in the top 50 is....

That still doesn't change that he isn't dead. This easily could've been posted Idea and possibilities thread or one of the sports thread...

5 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

It's a  great loss to British showbusiness.Few people appreciate what a great actress and singer she was, as well as comedienne. Many people will be saddened and distressed to hear this news. RIP 

PS her death must have been sudden because she was scheduled to appear in 3 episodes of a new tv series starring Idris Elba this year http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0256082/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t9

She appears on the titles of the 1970s comedy Man About the House as a traffic warden when the 3 characters park a car to go to the zoo. 

Im full of useless facts. :) 

• Thanks 1

The Russ Abbot show was fucking awful. Really shows the diabolical standard of mainstream comedy in the 80s. Still, Emberg was an icon of the time

48 minutes ago, Heef said:

Still, Emberg was an icon of the time

And shares a birthday with another curvy beauty who is also an icon of her time :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Man walks into a bar *ooof* , an iron bar is my only memory about the Russ Abbott show, bar Blunderwoman and the See you jimmy shite that lfn based his Life on.

4 hours ago, charon said:

Man walks into a bar *ooof* , an iron bar is my only memory about the Russ Abbott show, bar Blunderwoman and the See you jimmy shite that lfn based his Life on.

Never!!!!!

Sweaty sock.... Unqoute coffee3.gif

16 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Can guarantee this is true now:

Missed opportunity for the headline

Massive Bella End

• Like 2