gcreptile

The Dead of 2018

3 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Fkn hell Joey - when you get to 50 like me that's a hard rule to follow!

I’m talking about in context for now. Once we’re all older, it’s a different story...

45 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

I'm willing to bet it was a drug overdose.

The Samaritans phone number at the bottom of the original death announcement suggests it was a suicide. However, it isn't unheard of for teenage girls to OD at their own birthday parties. You don't think it will happen to someone you know until it does :(

1 hour ago, The Mad Hatter said:

I'm willing to bet it was a drug overdose.

Given it appears not to have been a snowboarding accident or medical (heart condition, etc.), drug overdose is a reasonable bet.  However, the question would then become if it was accidental or intentional.

Report of the death of Bill Loud, aged 97, picked in the Hare's and in last year's Poker Tournament. Beyond that, no idea. Something to do with An American Family.

Perhaps @The Dead Cow could elucidate...

3 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

The Samaritans phone number at the bottom of the original death announcement suggests it was a suicide. However, it isn't unheard of for teenage girls to OD at their own birthday parties. You don't think it will happen to someone you know until it does :(

Don't think so.

And fucking 'LOL' at GuN thinking joey 17 :D:D

Death Notice for Juanita Waterson, aged 85, retired Costume Designer, who worked on such things as Moondial and The Barchester Chronicles: http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/deaths/226053/waterson

According to this, she also provided costumes for the Doctor Who story The Underwater Menace: http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Juanita_Waterson

• Like 1

(To play it safe, I'm posting this here.  It could possibly go in the 'Rag Traders' thread.)

Christopher Gibbs, a British antiques dealer & collector, as well as an interior designer and influential men's fashion figure, has apparently died at age 80.  Currently, only Twitter chatter & an Instagram post acknowledging the death.  A proper obituary will be added when one is available.

39 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

(To play it safe, I'm posting this here.  It could possibly go in the 'Rag Traders' thread.)

Christopher Gibbs, a British antiques dealer & collector, as well as an interior designer and influential men's fashion figure, has apparently died at age 80.  Currently, only Twitter chatter & an Instagram post acknowledging the death.  A proper obituary will be added when one is available.

Another thread you can add to your list is the one for auctioneers and antiques experts:)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Cat O'Falk said:

Another thread you can add to your list is the one for auctioneers and antiques experts:)

Clearly, you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Just don't let the forum Stasi catch you.

• Haha 2

On 26/07/2018 at 21:40, Clorox Bleachman said:

Latest reports suggest it was suicide, which I find incredibly saddening.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Cat O'Falk said:

Ive been here a while and never heard of that thread.  Marked and remembered.

SC

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Ive been here a while and never heard of that thread.  Marked and remembered.

SC

It does get a mention on other threads at times.

Those occasions you get 3/4/500 guests on, it is invariably that thread they are all looking at.

On 29/07/2018 at 14:57, alt obits guy said:

Edit:  obit   https://www.houseandgarden.co.uk/article/tributes-pour-in-for-the-late-christopher-gibbs

One of the few people who successfully escaped Auschwitz Herman Shine is dead at 95.  

7 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Wait.

He owned the Priory where David Litvanoff committed suicide?

And Gibbs now topped himself?

And Geldof owns it now?

:angel3:

On 24/07/2018 at 14:44, charon said:

Sure they were discussed on here but can't find it.

Maurice Kaye sees the light in more ways than one, after 84 years of marriage.

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/maurice-kaye-believed-to-be-one-half-of-britain-s-longest-married-couple-dies-1.467585

Eta

Deathers had them both in a team, but didn't come up in search.

The American version the Drakes, with 78 yeas marriage on the clock both die 2 days apart.

Their birthdays were 2 days apart too (+2 years)

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/u-s-world/upstate-ny-couple-married-78-years-die-2-days-apart/1336313894

Former Virgin Records American Head and developer for the Spice Girls Ray Cooper is dead at 69.

1 minute ago, alt obits guy said:

Coroner rules Bell died from an accidental overdose of prescription drugs.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/38788723/coroner-radio-host-art-bell-died-of-drug-intoxication

Sounds about right. by all accounts he was in a lot of pain towards the end. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Phantom said:

Sounds about right. by all accounts he was in a lot of pain towards the end. 

Yeah, not that i'll convince anyone who wants to believe his end was hastened by the authorities/his enemies/some bunch of aliens that want to live anonymously amongst us etc.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Yeah, not that i'll convince anyone who wants to believe his end was hastened by the authorities/his enemies/some bunch of aliens that want to live anonymously amongst us etc.

Cynical.

Fair too.:lol:

54 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Cynical.

Fair too.:lol:

Saw some video clip a while ago where a guy was moaning cos President Obama did nothing during 9-11

Seriously, some people don't wanna face facts beyond those that support their predjudices.

• Like 2