Wormfarmer

Five4three2one Deadpool - 2019

11 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

No, I mean he posted his September team before she died, which I believe bring voids the August team 

OMG! That is sad indeed for gcreptile! So will that mean Philip gets 10 pts, theoldlady 8 pts, and SirCreep 6 pts?

Yes, I guess I let victory slip through my hands. But then, it was kind of my strategy to post my teams early. It had to bite me in the ass at some point.

The conversation is going in the right direction.  Posting an early team DOES void an active team, so gcreptiles gamble did bite him with V. Harper (he does not earn his 10 pt August score).  However, this does not change the point totals that each of the other players receive, ie, they do not move up to fill the gap at 10 pts.  They will score double the pts they originally posted at.  Also, posting a name early to get max points also bites you if the person doesn't make it to the month your team represents.  So Joey, Banana, Capn Cho, and gcreptile take it in the shorts there as well, with V. Harper and Randy Romero.  This is the interesting yin and yang to this game about what strategy you use each month to post, and it is the first month that it has come into play and affected a lot of teams.  I am sorry for your losses, but I like it.  I will post an updated table and new teams for Sept momentarily.  Thanks for your patience, and I think this game is starting to gel.  Good news is we already have 2 hits for the month with Robert Mugabe and Eddie Money.  Any others??

Sept Teams          
OldCrem 20 +5+5 kirk douglas Olivia deHavilland prince philip leah bracknell robert mugabe 5
Yorkshire Banker 5 david gulpilil katherine johnson lynne r banks glynis johns sandy gall
gcreptile 49 juliette kaplan angie douthit randy romero   DOA lee noble ivan milat
Joey Russ 33 +5 valerie harper  DOA juliette kaplan 4 randy romero  DOA suzanne whang 5 bruce reid
Sir Creep 28 ivan milat 4 rudy boesch juliette kaplan 4 gustav gerneth randy romero  DOA
Banana 15 +4 luigi simoni terror danjah valerie harper  DOA angie douthit 4 suzanne whang 4
Captain Chorizo 38 +5 william frankland valerie harper  DOA fernando ricksen  5 denis goldberg rudy boesch 4
Philip  5 freeman dyson george alagiah glynis johns 4 john rigas phil spector
Bibliogryphon  4 john lysak jerry stiller katherine jackson hugh downs john andretti
theoldlady  24 ivan milat 3 katherine jackson 4 stevie wonder sunny gacia larry king
msc 36 steve blackmore michael falzon jean louis trintignant don king bruce reid 4
Fixed Business 14 +5 bob dole tina turner ruth bader ginsburg eddie money 5 meat loaf
Wormfarmer  23 +4 eddie money 4 gary rossington yoko ono lee kerslake stevie wonder 4
Joe Moneypenny 12+3 suzanne whang 3 hau pei-tsun yasuhiro nakasone lata mangeshkar olivia dehavilland 4
Bentrovato 9 phil chisnall larry king 4 robbie robertson ginger baker everton weekes
Death by Arsenic 8 +3 daniel arap moi juliette greco michel piccoli diana serra cary eddie money 3
Clorox Bleachman 45+5 holly clegg david gulpilil 4 genesis p-orridge luigi simoni 4 jimmy spicer
Quim Reaper 14 no team yet        
MadHatter 10 no team yet        
Newjack 8 no team yet        
Bou1  6 no team yet        
ebless  no team yet        
Grimm Reaperness no team yet        
Prophet no team yet        
Unknown Man no team yet        
Edited by Wormfarmer
Old Crem credited for Bracknell's death, which was unknown until Oct 14th
  • Like 1

Kevin Roster's points are still not removed. He did not receive a QO.

• Like 1

1. Yungblud
  2. Tekashi 69
  3. Ski Mask the Slump God
  4. Lil Pump
  5. Lil Uzi Vert

To shoot eachother probably.

The following rules from the first page of the thread bear reposting here:

If you get new intel about some very brown bananas, you do not need to wait until the new month to post your new list.  If you choose, you can post your next month's list early, which will be an inactive list until the next month starts.  However, once you post your next months list, your active list becomes void and you forfeit the ability to score for the rest of that month.  Which also means you forfeit your chance at the month end bonus. . . . . .(see below). So check your current team for any recent hits before you post a new team.  Once posted, you can't score with your old team.  If you choose to post a list early, and a name dies PRIOR to the start of the next round, you will be playing with a short hand for the month.  Once your team is posted to the thread, it is locked in, name changes for any rule violation or change of heart are not allowed. 

Given this, I unfortunately feel I need to remove the Valerie Harper points that would have been scored by Sir Creep and Philip as they both also posted Sep teams on or before the day she passed, without noting her passing.  Again, check your active team for hits before benching them for a new team, and squawk that you have earned a hit when you post, so there is no doubt about whether or not your player was benched before or after they kicked it.   

5 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Kevin Roster's points are still not removed. He did not receive a QO.

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/local/abc10-originals/i-get-to-die-the-way-i-lived-which-is-in-charge-nj-man-diagnosed-with-terminal-cancer-moves-to-california-to-legally-end-his-life/103-1d825f47-e466-492d-b26f-74fffcc2482a

This was pretty big news where I am from (Northern California), so I was assuming that since our local paper covered it, it was also in bigger outlets.  First sentence of the above is a statement of his death on abc news.  For the purists of the game I will keep looking for a QO.  

Well, I guess I risk it... Octobreeee

Ginger Baker (4)

Dennis Hutchings

Samantha Last (beauty blogger)

Karel Gott

Jock Ross (Australian motorcycle gang founder)

On 15/09/2019 at 23:33, Wormfarmer said:

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/local/abc10-originals/i-get-to-die-the-way-i-lived-which-is-in-charge-nj-man-diagnosed-with-terminal-cancer-moves-to-california-to-legally-end-his-life/103-1d825f47-e466-492d-b26f-74fffcc2482a

This was pretty big news where I am from (Northern California), so I was assuming that since our local paper covered it, it was also in bigger outlets.  First sentence of the above is a statement of his death on abc news.  For the purists of the game I will keep looking for a QO.  

Well, ABC is not a QO.

Quoting yourself: "Any name scored by the Derby or AO Deadpools will be scored, or if they get a QO in the Associated Press.   Also accepted this year are NY Times, LA Times, USA Today or CNN."

1. Ginger Baker

2. Ivan Milat 

3. Luigi Simoni

4. David Gulpilil 

5. Superstar Billy Graham 

Took a September hiatus, but...

Ginger Baker (2)

Ivan Milat (4)

Angie Douthit (5)

Jean Louis Trintignant (5)

Bob Dole (5)

14 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Well, ABC is not a QO.

Quoting yourself: "Any name scored by the Derby or AO Deadpools will be scored, or if they get a QO in the Associated Press.   Also accepted this year are NY Times, LA Times, USA Today or CNN."

I realize that, and thank you.  I was starting to search again for a QO for Kevin Roster, when I realized I should let the folks who will earn the potential points from a Roster QO do the work.  Just make sure you report it before the final summary at the end of the year to get credited.

So in summary, gcreptile is in second place in the overall standings with 49 points - quite impressive.  And just as impressive, he has made great gains and has moved up to #2 on my list of personal nags following only my ex-wife in that department. ;) All good.

Juliette Kaplan (5)

Karen Lewis (5)

Holly Clegg (5)

Samantha Last (4)

Ginger Baker (1)

David Gulpilil  
Samantha Last
Juliette Kaplan
 Superstar Billy Graham  
Norman Lloyd

5. Ginger Baker

4.  Larry King

3. Bernadette Chirac

2. Juilette Kaplan

1. Bob Dole

3 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

5. Ginger Baker

4.  Larry King

3. Bernadette Chirac

2. Juilette Kaplan

1. Bob Dole

Ginger is already on 5 teams.

1.       Chris Doleman

2.       Loongkoonan

3.       Mahatir Mohammad

4.       Beverly Cleary

5.       Hal Holbrook

Susan Bayh (5)
Angie Douthit (4)
Juliette Kaplan (2)
Tom Lyle (5)
Ivan Milat (3)

1. Mikis Theodorakis

2. Bob Dole

3. Richard Donner

4. Monica Vitti

5. Superstar Billy Graham (LOL)

Kirk Douglas

Genesis P-Orridge

Leslie Phillips

Sam Lloyd

Roberta McCain

Wouldn't it be funny if Ginger Baker made it through the month?

It might be October but there is no way I am stopping smoking. But anyway, here is a lazy list: 

1. Leah Bracknell

2. Prince Philip

3. Vera Lynn

4. Jimmy Carter

5. Kirk Douglas

I’m dropping out.  Thanks for hosting.  Just preferred original format is all.

SC