Sean

By -Election Bingo 2019-2024

An immediate googlify suggests someone who iirc was at PMQs.

I could be wrong though.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Everyone in WM seems to know who it is.

All I will say is he's on record as being fond of sniffing a certain air aroma (Google is your friend).

wtf is an "air aroma"?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Oh him. People are going to be underwhelmed when he is named. 

Reminds me of what one MP said about them and how she thought they were only used on New Years Eve, 

If I've got the same person they are standing down at the next election anyway, so if found guilty they won't be behind bars before the General Election (given how close it is and how long it will take to get to trial and pass sentence if guilty), and they'd have to resign before then for a by-election to occur.

As stated, he's standing down at the next election, so it will end up being a footnote after the election. Who was the other MP who claimed he was scared of blackmail which is why he committed the crime? Was it the transgender one who crashed their car?

Whip removed, seriously - at this rate they'll have to call an election by April because they're losing MPs and seats at such a rate Boris's thumping majority will be toast by Summer anyway. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67233090

13 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I am not sure this will automatically trigger a recall petition

It will depend on the sentence

Just now, Bibliogryphon said:

I am not sure this will automatically trigger a recall petition

It will depend on the sentence

It won’t but he might of course resign at some point.

3 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

It won’t but he might of course resign at some point.

Here's hoping

• Like 1

I don't see anything "racist" about what he said, tbh. 

I mean, if you said to, let's say, a Swedish person who was insulting or annoying you, "Go back to Sweden", that's surely not "racist".

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Toast said:

I mean, if you said to, let's say, a Swedish person who was insulting or annoying you, "Go back to Sweden", that's surely not "racist".

Falsely accusing a British citizen of taking money from “my country” and then telling them aggressively to “go back to their country” is a racially aggravated verbal attack.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TQR said:

Falsely accusing a British citizen of taking money from “my country” and then telling them aggressively to “go back to their country” is a racially aggravated verbal attack.

Aye, more to the point both sides got their say in court and he was convicted. As Bob would say "end of!" If they leave the whip it's a bad look, if they remove it and there's a recall the Conservatives are sitting on 54% of the vote, majority last time 14,058 - Labour very clear in second, very doable in another by-election if the chance arises!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Toast said:

The judgement is even more ludicrous if you look at the full context of what he said. Really silly the police even took it up.

32 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

The judgement is even more ludicrous if you look at the full context of what he said. Really silly the police even took it up.

I don't know anything about this and really could couldn't care less.

However, isn't he from a party pushing the police to prosecute crimes to their fullest extent? A party that thinks the cops are soft on crime? A party that seeks to suppress protest at all costs and creates crimes every 5 minutes through legislation?

Ah, if only he had got one of those "lefty lawyers" to defend him! :lol:

They make it up as they go along. Subject to sentence and all that might flow from that, if he survives is he standing at the next election anyway?

Edited by YoungWillz
Toast corrected me.
  • Like 1

I would call it xenophobic rather than racist.  There's no reference to race there.

15 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I don't know anything about this and really could care less.

This is very disappointing from you, YW.  :facepalm:

It's couldn't care less.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Toast said:

This is very disappointing from you, YW.  :facepalm:

It's couldn't care less.

Acht, how care less of me! :lol:

• Haha 1

Mahoosive reshuffle apparently underway - just wondering if any of those ousted will go the full nuclear option and quit before the employment market is saturated with top Tory talent after the election defeat. 

Nick Gibb - who was schools minister until a few minutes back, is apparently outta there when the next election is called and planning a diplomatic career. 

s465_Minister_Nick_Gibb_UK_Parliament_96

GraveDanger:90

nantonion2013:90

Sean:90

The Old Crem:90

msc 80

Great Uncle Bulgaria:60

Bibliogryphon:40

Gooseberry Crumble:40

TQR 40

The engineer:30

Sir Creep :20

Long overdue update for Chris Pincher , David Warburton , Rosie Cooper and  Nadine Dorries.

Criminal activity points given for Pincher and Warburton.Pincher was suspended for groping which is against the law. Although he wasn`t criminally convicted sexual assault is a crime and the complaints were upheld.Warburton confessed to taking cocaine during his scandal which is illegal.

• Like 2

So, FIVE junior ministers in all stepped down today. 

Significant, I'd say in that if any of these thought hanging in there for a bit longer as a junior would have seen them with significant front bench action in a year or two they'd still be somewhere in government. One thing I'm noting of late is that the policy agenda is thin and it's a return to standard values. I'm guessing there's nothing in the Tories' private polling that's giving anyone serious hope and they can't see a way back. Even scraping Boris's old seat was likely a fluke and the anti-climate change stuff there wouldn't work nationally. So, these juniors might be tempted to go a little earlier if a decent job offered itself. Exciting times on this thread, then

Guardian article below notes: "Those who stepped down were Nick Gibb, the veteran schools minister; Jesse Norman, who was at the Department for Transport; Jeremy Quin, the paymaster general; Will Quince, a junior health minister; and George Freeman, the science minister.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/nov/13/experience-makes-way-for-sunak-loyalists-as-junior-ministers-quit#:~:text=Rishi Sunak's reshuffle has brought,16th housing minister since 2010.

Somerton and Frome - David Warburton, Conservative

Been playing this forever and this is my first hit!  How exciting!

• Like 1

74 year old Bob Stewart - convicted and currently an independent MP, predictably won't stand again but he's hanging in there until the election so nowt to see here re a by-election. Boundary changes are likely to do for his seat by then anyway. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-67467950

• Like 1