Jump to content
Paul Bearer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2021

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Deathrace said:

To be fair, he could easily pass for 10 years younger than he is. 

 

 

Yeah, but it's a fair guess ten years younger than he is would still be way older than her dad!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/08/2020 at 19:31, Steve said:

William Russell, played the role of Dr Who companion Ian Chesterton (1963-1965) and also played the role of Ted Sullivan in Coronation Street where he married Rita (Barbara Knox) but sadly died not long afterwards with a brain tumour. He will also be 96 in November so may be worth keeping an eye on. 

I met William at a signing event two years ago and he was really with it. Looked great and was talkative and attentive with the procession of fans he met. Hope he’s with us for a long time yet, he’s a legend. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Former Welsh national goalkeeper Dai Davies has pancreatic cancer:

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/football/2020/08/18/ex-dragons-hero-dai-davies-diagnosed-with-cancer/

 

He's already being treated in "Nightingale House Hospice", so I guess it's palliative treatment. I doubt he's going to last into 2021, but there you go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, that one went on the 2021 longlist in pencil because no way does he make the starting line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Former Welsh national goalkeeper Dai Davies has pancreatic cancer:

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/football/2020/08/18/ex-dragons-hero-dai-davies-diagnosed-with-cancer/

 

He's already being treated in "Nightingale House Hospice", so I guess it's palliative treatment. I doubt he's going to last into 2021, but there you go.

 

Dai by name, die by nature.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I give him the Lycett Green route tbh. Wont be long before:

 

drawn-cloud-simpsons-7.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a new all star team for 2021 Main team.

 

Share my thoughts? Nah, I want uniques. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I am recovering from my Covid scare I’m sitting here bored so thought I would throw my hat in the ring and predict what the full 2021 death list may look like should these candidates even make it to the starting line. I am also NOT saying that this will be my shadow list. 1) Prince Philip (DofE), 2) Captain Tom Moore, 3) Shannen Doherty, 4) Nobby Stiles, 5) Linda Nolan, 6) Leon Spinks, 7) James Whale, 8) George Alagiah, 9) Bob Barker, 10) Henry Kissinger, 11) Ruth Bader Ginsburg, 12) Barbara Windsor, 13) Clarissa Eden, 14) Bob Dole, 15) Jimmy Carter, 16) Leslie Phillips, 17) Pope Benedict XVI, 18) Willie Nelson, 19) Loretta Lynn, 20) Peter Sutcliffe, 21) Joanne Woodward, 22)  David Crosby, 23) Jacques Delors, 24) Alex Trebek, 25) Glynis Johns, 26) James Lovelock, 27) Placido Domingo, 28)  Jimmy Greaves, 29) Beverly Cleary, 30)  Carlos Menem, 31) Pierre Cardin, 32)  Robert Fyfe, 33) Rosalynn Carter, 34) Mikhail Gorbachev, 35) Buzz Aldrin, 36) Rhonda Fleming, 37) Diego Maradona, 38) Imelda Marcos, 39) Stephen Sondheim, 40) Ric Flair, 41) Harry Belafonte, 42) Prunella Scales, 43) Dick Cheney, 44) Rolf Harris, 45) Angela Lansbury, 46) Dennis Skinner, 47) Dilip Kumar, 48) Sean Connery, 49) Betty White, 50) Dick Van Dyke

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Steve Maybe you would like to join the DL Prediction Game for 2021?

New thread will be opened in November.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Book said:

@Steve Maybe you would like to join the DL Prediction Game for 2021?

New thread will be opened in November.

 

Depending on how many of these have fallen by the wayside Book I may just take you up on the offer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Book said:

@Steve Maybe you would like to join the DL Prediction Game for 2021?

New thread will be opened in November.

 

 

 

There's also this thread:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I have a new all star team for 2021 Main team.

 

Share my thoughts? Nah, I want uniques. ;)

Let’s be Frank here, is it somebody that you want to Field onto you team?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

Let’s be Frank here, is it somebody that you want to Field onto you team?

Not even on my radar!

 

Given I got 20 uniques this year I'm trying again for next year - not sure whether that would be some sort of first, mind, outside of Theme teams.

 

As the DDP are very clear on their bios, plenty of names out there who don't need to be cancer mums or even popular picks. I'm thinking far away from the Forum's posts. They do have to live until January though. :sherlock:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Not even on my radar!

 

Given I got 20 uniques this year I'm trying again for next year - not sure whether that would be some sort of first, mind, outside of Theme teams.

 

As the DDP are very clear on their bios, plenty of names out there who don't need to be cancer mums or even popular picks. I'm thinking far away from the Forum's posts. They do have to live until January though. :sherlock:

 

 

 

Whenever I play the forum popular game of "who's on the next DL" I find myself quickly with a shortlist of 200 odd names, and that's just from folk who feel DLy famous (proper fame, not Bill Gate's dad). Add yer various forum niche fandoms (Doctor Who, snooker, World Cup players to name but three) and you're drowning in names, of which easily more than a few teams of 20 are "old and frail" and "famous and sick" or "getting up in age but forgotten by the rest". Add in that non-British celebs can get QOs now (thinking of the Guardian interest in Australia and the Mails in US names) and people are spoilt for choice without even needing to google "tragic mum faces final Christmas..." stories...

 

Of course, the Banhammer is on those picks now but you know what I mean...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's take an example of someone not picked for this year, getting up in age and a possible blind sider (and not going to be picked by me!).

 

David Warner will be 80 next year, unpicked on the DDP for around 3 years. Very likely one of those :facepalm: if not picked the year he goes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Let's take an example of someone not picked for this year, getting up in age and a possible blind sider (and not going to be picked by me!).

 

David Warner will be 80 next year, unpicked on the DDP for around 3 years. Very likely one of those :facepalm: if not picked the year he goes.

 

I have picked him on the past, but only for my Titanic theme team (he's been in two films about the Titanic).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually looking him up, Warner has only been in one or two things in 3-4 years which is a considerable decrease in activity for the man.

 

Whereas the irrepressible quartet of Robert Duvall, Michael Caine, Judi Dench and Donald Sutherland have another 11 films and 2 TV series coming out in the next year between them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, msc said:

Actually looking him up, Warner has only been in one or two things in 3-4 years which is a considerable decrease in activity for the man.

 

Whereas the irrepressible quartet of Robert Duvall, Michael Caine, Judi Dench and Donald Sutherland have another 11 films and 2 TV series coming out in the next year between them!

 

Yes, but some actors retire and some don't.  Hard to know if it's a lifestyle choice or a health issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Toast said:

 

Yes, but some actors retire and some don't.  Hard to know if it's a lifestyle choice or a health issue.

 

Indeed, look at Gene Hackman. Although there was some muttering from Russell T Davies about Warner's health about a decade ago, nothing concrete, just "not a well man".

 

Anyhow, I like David Warner so hopefully he's just putting his feet up somewhere and wont trouble the DDP for several years yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Apparently, Stevie Wonder is not doing to well.

Just saying, like.

 

Hanging on by his Fingertips I heard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

 

Hanging on by his Fingertips I heard. 

He would be the sunshine of our lives if he makes it on to the 2021 list and delivers us a hit. We could all then say Isn’t He Lovely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Steve said:

He would be the sunshine of our lives if he makes it on to the 2021 list and delivers us a hit. We could all then say Isn’t He Lovely

There is no joy in somebody dying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

There is no joy in somebody dying.

LFN it seems like you and I are never going to get along. But I will humbly apologise for the nasty comment I said to you the other day about wanting to see your obit on here. I wouldn’t, nor anybody else of this site for that matter. It seems like we come at things from different angles and that’s one of the reasons why I joined the site in the first place, the diversity and variety of comments. Well I’m genuinely sorry and no matter what insults you will hurl at me in the future I won’t stoop so low to post anything so vile. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ken Westbury, camera operator and cinematographer, 93.

 

Here's a small list of his credits: Whisky Galore!; Kind Hearts And Coronets; The Man In The White Suit; The Cruel Sea; West Of Zanzibar; Dixon Of Dock Green; Z Cars; Adam Adamant Lives!; The Forsyte Saga; The Onedin Line; When The Boat Comes In; Doctor Who; Secret Army; Tenko.

 

And do you know what? No Wiki page and therefore probably won't obit in the UK press. *sigh*

  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use