Paul Bearer

King Charles III

Just now, DDI said:

Mango, why haven’t you responded to the allegations that you posted in the Carter thread on Monday, when you previously claimed it had been weeks?

It's been weeks since I've had a back and forth with someone on that thread, is what I meant.

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, mymango said:

It's been weeks since I've had a back and forth with someone on that thread, is what I meant.

Oh for months.

2 hours ago, TQR said:

Okay, fair play, I enjoyed reading that twattery, that was funny :lol:

He would do well to clarify that he meant to say Charles has fucked, therefore, the King is going to fuck cancer.

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, mymango said:

Ok, since you want to poke the bear some more with your hindsight retaliatory facepalming...

You literally said you hadn’t posted there in weeks. However you actually posted there once this past Monday, twice last Friday, once last Tuesday, four times last Sunday. 

And as far you moving the goalposts to “not having gone back and forth with someone” …. you quoted someone in every single one of those posts! 

7 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

the lovely people of DL Forums want to know when/if you're fucking off...

:) 

Now. (For a week at least). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 9

Not to break up the thread by discussing the king's health, but from this week's Popbitch:

image.png.2bfa3858e63a08bebde331ef97a47435.png

• Like 13
  • Shocked 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

It will be a laugh if Jimmy calves this week :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Sad 1

It'd be useful if there was a gallery of famous people who died of cancer that let you compare how they looked at a given period before their deaths. You could apply it to people still living - "Celebrity A's looking rough." - "Celebrity B looked worse than that here, and he lasted another three years..."

• Like 1

I refuse to read all three pages of argument that I've missed since being on here last night, but as long as Ulitzer has a history of being a reliable source on these things then I trust him

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

It'd be useful if there was a gallery of famous people who died of cancer that let you compare how they looked at a given period before their deaths. You could apply it to people still living - "Celebrity A's looking rough." - "Celebrity B looked worse than that here, and he lasted another three years..."

It would still be pretty subjective because cancers vary wildly. What type of cancer you have and what your general health was before it will all have an impact. Celebrities also have access to any cosmetics they want and especially in the case of the monarch, there will be a lot of time going in to making them look better. 

I'm inclined to trust Ulitzer's source here on Charles, which is a nuisance because that means even more people will be hoarding the Charles coins and I'm even less likely to find any of the nice ones they released with wildlife on.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

3 hours ago, One shot Paddy said:

It will be a laugh if Jimmy calves this week :lol:

That was one of my thoughts.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Not to break up the thread by discussing the king's health, but from this week's Popbitch:

@Ulitzer95 friend probably works for one these organisations. 

Maybe once the Princess of Wales recovers and returns to work they might start preparing us for Charlie’s demise. 

• Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Eh, not really news considering this is done regularly.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Sod's Law said:

Wouldn't chemo be almost a given if it has spread? Unlikely he would be walking around with any hair still on his head (or walking around much at all in public) if it had metastasised to any huge degree. 

As someone currently undergoing chemotherapy, about 80% (if not more) of the patients I see at chemo (including myself) still have their hair.  Not all chemo drugs cause hair loss, and even if they do, for some cancers (not leukaemia or lymphoma, I believe) you can opt to wear an ice cap during treatment if maintaining your locks is important to you.  The chemo = bald image is outdated.

Also, you can be normally mobile/feel fine even with widely metastatic cancer.

• Like 11

34 minutes ago, Comped said:

Eh, not really news considering this is done regularly.

18 months after they'd have presumably been updated when he became monarch ? Wouldn't have thought they'd update that quickly no ? 

I'd have thought those updates would be every few years 

9 minutes ago, natquen said:

As someone currently undergoing chemotherapy, about 80% (if not more) of the patients I see at chemo (including myself) still have their hair.  Not all chemo drugs cause hair loss, and even if they do, for some cancers (not leukaemia or lymphoma, I believe) you can opt to wear an ice cap during treatment if maintaining your locks is important to you.  The chemo = bald image is outdated.

Hope all is going as well as can be with yours.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, natquen said:

Agreed, my mother had chemotherapy for lymphoma back in the 1990s and she never lost her hair.

And just as cancer is not a single disease, so chemotherapy (which simply means treatment with drugs) can involve many different combinations of various drugs.  It isn't a 'one size fits all' thing.

I made my assumption based on my limited experience of two people I've known who needed chemo (one for breast cancer and the other throat cancer) and they both lost their hair but I know cancer encompasses a huge range of diseases and everyone's experience with the disease and the treatment is different. I'm guessing breast cancer is unlikely to be the type the King's being treated for though...   

23 minutes ago, Sod's Law said:

I'm guessing breast cancer is unlikely to be the type the King's being treated for though...   

Men can get breast cancer.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

Men can get breast cancer.

I know they can, but it's extremely unlikely based on what we've heard so far. 

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Agreed, my mother had chemotherapy for lymphoma back in the 1990s and she never lost her hair.

And just as cancer is not a single disease, so chemotherapy (which simply means treatment with drugs) can involve many different combinations of various drugs.  It isn't a 'one size fits all' thing.

This featured on one of the BBC medical docs recently. I want to say "Surgeons: At the Edge of Life" but there are others. They did a piece with a pharmacist whose job it is to mix the chemo drugs and it's alchemy. A little of this, a bit of that, some of the other. It all depends on the markers of the tumour found in biopsy. Some help kill it, others help shrink it, some make it show up to the immune system more easily and so on. Chemo really is just a catch-all for the concoction of drugs given to treat cancer.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mymango said:

No more than Ulitzer has a fetish for the King dying.

please never interact with me again, sir

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Sod's Law said:

I know they can, but it's extremely unlikely based on what we've heard so far. 

Unless the doctors asked if they could have a feel of his tits while he was getting his prostate seen to.

• Haha 2