Paul Bearer

King Charles III

8 hours ago, TQR said:

Hmm…a lot of the world noticed and didn’t like this sus skip.

Charles was distracted for a moment as he looked towards the man with the grey beard (out of shot at that point).  Perhaps he said something to Charles. He then seems to reach back and pat the guy's arm.  The protection officers do seem to be hurrying him along though.

4 hours ago, Windsor said:

You, for example, will go to a great deal of trouble to find fault in the Royals because it makes you feel young and rebellious again, whereas we all know your (sic) just an old slag! ;)

No effort whatsoever; they do the work for me. The only work they ever do, mind.

And I’m 9 years younger than you. Young slag.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TQR said:

No effort whatsoever; they do the work for me. The only work they ever do, mind.

And I’m 9 years younger than you. Young slag.

Yes, I keep forgetting I’m fucking ancient. It’s the dementia. :D

• Like 1

The Duke of Norfolk, the current Earl Marshal, who organised the Queen's funeral has been banned from driving for 6 months after being caught using his mobile phone while cutting across an officer's car. He already had 9 points on his licence and was unsuccessful in his claim for "exceptional hardship" to avoid a ban, due to his responsibilities organising the upcoming coronation of HM King Charles III. Worth a try I suppose. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-63037633

On the subject of the coronation, I was reading in the 'i' today that the King is planning a slimmed down ceremony compared to his mother's, in recognition of the changing times and the current cost of living crisis (as best as you can when you're organising a coronation). As for a date, there is increasing chatter that the favoured date is 2nd June 2023, which would be exactly 70 years to the day since his mother's coronation, and gives 9 months to plan it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

On the subject of the coronation, I was reading in the 'i' today that the King is planning a slimmed down ceremony compared to his mother's

It was always going to be slimmed down anyway on account of our slimmed down Empire and slimmed down membership of the Church of England…

16 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

The Duke of Norfolk, the current Earl Marshal, who organised the Queen's funeral has been banned from driving for 6 months after being caught using his mobile phone while cutting across an officer's car. He already had 9 points on his licence and was unsuccessful in his claim for "exceptional hardship" to avoid a ban, due to his responsibilities organising the upcoming coronation of HM King Charles III. Worth a try I suppose. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-63037633

On the subject of the coronation, I was reading in the 'i' today that the King is planning a slimmed down ceremony compared to his mother's, in recognition of the changing times and the current cost of living crisis (as best as you can when you're organising a coronation). As for a date, there is increasing chatter that the favoured date is 2nd June 2023, which would be exactly 70 years to the day since his mother's coronation, and gives 9 months to plan it.

The 2nd is more likely than the 3rd which is the day of the Derby and the FA Cup final. 

• Like 1

Hair transplant or wig? 

37399B4F-639E-42F2-B328-E4DACDDE6354.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Someone actually threatened to exclude me from her social group because i said Charles doesn't deserve the crown and sooner he dies the better. Sounds like some people actually like him :bombguy:

• Angry 1

11 hours ago, Miranda lass said:

Someone actually threatened to exclude me from her social group because i said Charles doesn't deserve the crown and sooner he dies the better. Sounds like some people actually like him :bombguy:

It’s kinda frowned upon generally in society to wish people dead.

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, Windsor said:

It’s kinda frowned upon generally in society to wish people dead.

Indeed.  There are a few exceptions (eg Putin), but King Charles is not one of them.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Miranda lass said:

It's almost as if she understands that it has nothing to do with whether people like him or not, and more to do with the fact that you're a deranged human being who belongs at the funny farm in a room with padded walls.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Miranda lass said:

Maybe advocate abolishing the monarchy (which is a legitimate argument) rather than wishing someone dead (which is something horrible cunts do).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TQR said:

Maybe advocate abolishing the monarchy (which is a legitimate argument) rather than wishing someone dead (which is something horrible cunts do).

Apart from when it's Peter Tobin or Sidney Cooke... both of whom are must have picks for the DL next year imo (if either of them make it that far ofc).

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Windsor said:

Hair transplant or wig? 

37399B4F-639E-42F2-B328-E4DACDDE6354.jpeg

He has a decent head of hair for a man of 73, to be fair. Bit of a bald patch at the back but that can be covered up on a profile pic. George IV's portrait was far more flattering. I'd like to see them pull the same trick with William. 

I like wills and George but have no time for men who cheat on their wives

I had a bf who used to say how much he thought of me then turned out to be with someone else so yah do relate there! :axe:

5 minutes ago, Miranda lass said:

At least Charles stuck to his one love, unlike Diana who shagged so many blokes she needed a revolving bedroom door. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Miranda lass said:

I had a bf who used to say how much he thought of me then turned out to be with someone else so yah do relate there! :axe:

I’ve got some mind blowing news for you – she (Diana) was “cheating” on him too. It was practically a sham marriage and neither of them loved one another. C’est la vie.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Miranda lass said:

George is 9 years old, what's there to like? He may well turn out to be a fine young man but it's a bit soon to be forming an opinion. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

you're a deranged human being who belongs at the funny farm in a room with padded walls.

I'm sure you can't say 'funny farm' in 2022. And the jury would probably be out on 'deranged'. 

Differently mentally abled maybe.... 

In fact in a competition for who gets called out the faster in the media v somebody wishing death on the King I think it'd be a close run thing even though one of them is potentially treasonous.

Don't ask me how I know this.

3 hours ago, En Passant said:

I'm sure you can't say 'funny farm' in 2022. And the jury would probably be out on 'deranged'. 

Differently mentally abled maybe.... 

In fact in a competition for who gets called out the faster in the media v somebody wishing death on the King I think it'd be a close run thing even though one of them is potentially treasonous.

Don't ask me how I know this.

Come on man. I’ve been on here for 14 years. When have you ever known me to be PC sensitive? :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Meanwhile...

Now he's king, he's having to avoid controversy, like  following advice from the new PM to swerve the next climate change summit and avoid giving a speech about the urgency of it all. Suggesting, probably that Truss's government will trample green targets in their sprint for economic growth. I'm thinking Charles listened, took it in and - in whatever words he'd generate internally - considered Truss will be here for a short time and he'll see her out, and get back to saying summat about what matters to him in due course. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63105522

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Cerberus said:

He has a decent head of hair for a man of 73, to be fair. Bit of a bald patch at the back but that can be covered up on a profile pic. George IV's portrait was far more flattering. I'd like to see them pull the same trick with William. 

I’ve never seen a man more in need of a beard than William.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

It's almost as if she understands that it has nothing to do with whether people like him or not, and more to do with the fact that you're a deranged human being who belongs at the funny farm in a room with padded walls.

funny farm? what year is this? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

funny farm? what year is this? 

I love that phrase. Craig Charles used to use it all the time when narrating Takeshi’s Castle.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3