Etushispushingupdaisies

Alexey Navalny

Just now, BonScott said:

Thanks for the info, pre trial I am pretty sure I read that they were on remand at Belmarsh, assumed still there 

Belmarsh is a remand prison technically.  As a Cat A it does have a big reputation but actually if you ever read the inspectors reports on it, it's doing a fuck load better than a lot of other prisons.  Several which are in special measures like HMP Bristol etc. 

The HSU is at Belmarsh just to be clear, but its a prison within a prison.  For the most dangerous. 

• Like 2

Oh no, that's sad and depressing.

There kind of couldn't have been any other way though, because he would have been killed anyway if the Putin regime had shown any signs of weakness. Still, a symbol has died.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, BonScott said:

The Swedish charges against him were dropped, while not a gulag he is being held in Belmarsh, the UK’s harshest prison, in the same wing as Levi Bellfield and the killers of Lee Rigby among others, he is no threat if in prison at all he should be in a low catergory one, although imho he should not be in prison at all

Soon he is likely to be extradited to the USA on trumped up charges, he is likely to spend the rest of his life in a SuperMax jail or Guantanamo Bay, all because he exposed the wrongdoings of the elites, he is in every essence of the word a political prisoner

The Swedish charges were dropped because there was no reasonable expectation of him answering the charges and the statute of limitations was up. We'll never know if there was anything to the charges because he refused to answer them. Assange is just another self-centred narcissist. Even Ecuador kicked him out eventually.

• Like 2

Stunned by this death. I'm amazed Putin was stupid enough to make his biggest political rival a martyr around election time while he is still face in people's minds. Mark my words this will go down as one of Putin's biggest blunders.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

Stunned by this death. I'm amazed Putin was stupid enough to make his biggest political rival a martyr around election time while he is still face in people's minds. Mark my words this will go down as one of Putin's biggest blunders.

The election will be rigged in one way or another, so I don't think that will be an issue for him. However what is more of a blunder is the US are wrangling over the aid bill for Ukraine (and other countries with security concerns), and incidents like this are more likely to tip the balance in favour of the bill passing.

Why the ? in the dead tag?

4 minutes ago, drol said:

wasn't he tagged dead a while ago and then untagged some hours later ? 

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

At least we won’t have to worry about getting the pronunciation right now then :P  

Yeah, can we lose the pronunciation guide, please?  It wasn't difficult to figure out anyway.

Will the unnatural causes bonus apply in his case ? currently 9th on the DDP scoreboard with 4 hits so far, not that bad…

18 minutes ago, drol said:

his team still hasn't confirmed the death, guessing that's why

56 minutes ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

That’s if Putin had anything to do with it, the media in UK constantly say there is a group within his own cabinet led by his national security advisor, and his son, who want to overthrow him from within, so the plotters having Navalny killed to weaken Putin and to embarrass him could add up 

There is no sense in Putin stirring up the opposition hornets nest right now by killing his nemesis  

• Facepalm 3

55 minutes ago, BonScott said:

That’s if Putin had anything to do with it, the media in UK constantly say there is a group within his own cabinet led by his national security advisor, and his son, who want to overthrow him from within, so the plotters having Navalny killed to weaken Putin and to embarrass him could add up 

There is no sense in Putin stirring up the opposition hornets nest right now by killing his nemesis  

You really are an idiot, aren't you? 

What UK media is constantly saying this? Any examples? 

The big flaw in your claim is that, while Putin is speculated to have a couple of secret infant sons with the gymnast mistress, he certainly doesn't have any publicly acknowledged adult sons, let alone any with cabinet posts.

Killing Navalny now isn't such a bad idea. Putin's position isn't in any serious doubt, and Navalny has been neutralised for a long time now. I always thought his genuine appeal to the Russian people (beyond the urban elite) was massively overstated anyway. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lafaucheuse said:

untagged now ? 

It’s 2024. Nobody dies. Didn’t you get the memo? 

Steve Wright will be back from the grave presenting his Sunday Love Songs slot before long.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, prussianblue said:

The big flaw in your claim is that, while Putin is speculated to have a couple of secret infant sons with the gymnast mistress, he certainly doesn't have any publicly acknowledged adult sons, let alone any with cabinet posts.

He didn't say Putin's son though. Does the "national security advisor" have a son, is that who he meant?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, prussianblue said:

You really are an idiot, aren't you? 

What UK media is constantly saying this? Any examples? 

Killing Navalny now isn't such a bad idea. Putin's position isn't in any serious doubt, and Navalny has been neutralised for a long time now. I always thought his genuine appeal to the Russian people (beyond the urban elite) was massively overstated anyway. 

I meant the son of the national security head Nikolai Patrushev who also serves in Putin’s cabinet along with his dad, I will find examples of that later as busy at work but I remember reading in MSM like the Telegraph that Patrushev is plotting with others to destabilise Putin and bring him down

If Putin is behind it then it makes no sense with an election coming up, ok Navalny could not stand in the election even when alive but the opposition to Putin will only increase with Navalny’s murder

• Like 1

My theory is Navalny is a big Lil Tay fan, saw the amount of publicity she got from faking her own death, and has done the same in order to lead Russia to a new glorious revolution. Or summat like that.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, BonScott said:

I meant the son of the national security head Nikolai Patrushev who also serves in Putin’s cabinet along with his dad, I will find examples of that later as busy at work but I remember reading in MSM like the Telegraph that Patrushev is plotting with others to destabilise Putin and bring him down

If Putin is behind it then it makes no sense with an election coming up, ok Navalny could not stand in the election even when alive but the opposition to Putin will only increase with Navalny’s murder

Fair enough, Patrushev's son is in cabinet, at that bastion of sinister state power, the Ministry of Agriculture.

The Telegraph isn't a quality paper any more, just a rag filled with right-wing fever dreams. I'm sure they'd love the idea of Patrushev Snr., possibly the most hawkish member of the government, plotting against Putin, but it would hardly aid his cause.

What opposition? What channels are there for discontent at Navalny's inevitable death to make any tangible difference? As far as the average Russian knows or cares, some troublemaker from a few years ago is now permanently out of sight and mind.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, prussianblue said:

What opposition? What channels are there for discontent at Navalny's inevitable death to make any tangible difference? As far as the average Russian knows or cares, some troublemaker from a few years ago is now permanently out of sight and mind.

But if that was the case he could have been taken away and executed with a heart attack being blamed the day he arrived off the plane from Germany, there must have been some reason why it took some 4 years after arriving back to kill him, Putin must have seen him as some sort of threat who should be kept alive, otherwise he would have been killed years ago

Went for a walk and died .. sounds like the godfather 

43 minutes ago, BonScott said:

But if that was the case he could have been taken away and executed with a heart attack being blamed the day he arrived off the plane from Germany, there must have been some reason why it took some 4 years after arriving back to kill him, Putin must have seen him as some sort of threat who should be kept alive, otherwise he would have been killed years ago

You need to reverse your logic. You could bump the guy off the second he returns, when he's all over the news and a cause celebre with the west. Or you could wait. You're a dictator, you have the luxury of time. Give it a few years, let the interest wane, move him to increasingly remote prisons far from anyone who cares. Then one day, you quietly dispose of him.

Which approach would you take?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1