msc

Derby Dead Pool 2021

At this rate the record will be broken by Easter...

Btw, can't confirm it yet but there appears to be a strong possibility that Deathray has broken the record for shortest stay on top of the DDP in history - a few hours in fact going by the Mark Eden/Floyd Little timescale. This is dependent on jokers/bonuses yet to be confirmed hence only a possibility but if it is true it might be an unbeatable record!

• Like 3

Still no answer from the committee?

Did you bother to weed out the anywhere between 50-100 entries sent via dupe emails under pseudonyms through mail spoofing sites like guerilla mail mentioned by Finale a few pages ago? If not the integrity of the competition is compromised? 

7 hours ago, Bemused said:

Still no answer from the committee?

Did you bother to weed out the anywhere between 50-100 entries sent via dupe emails under pseudonyms through mail spoofing sites like guerilla mail mentioned by Finale a few pages ago? If not the integrity of the competition is compromised? 

If anyone is doing this it is pretty small scale as numbers are similar year on year over the last 4 years. 2020 saw a dip and 2021 has returned to prior levels.

And the same teams are regularly at the top and known to us in most cases.

This seems appropriate to post here following Bemused’s concern about a lack of reply to Finale’s post about fake accounts.

FAF3D709-4EA4-4F43-A136-96A290744EC7.thumb.jpeg.f39736f9a78f261ce362ac1e543bb91c.jpeg

• Haha 4

So yeah, if the Israeli activist guy gets a QO, we've had SIXTEEN DDP HITS in 9 days of 2021 so far...

Fecking hell.

• Shocked 4

We're also looking for an obit for Alan Burgess who I assumed must have got one but hasn't yet. Oldest living cricket internationalist, Englands nuts for cricket, it must be coming...

U.E. 'Pat' Patrick - if not chosen by anyone, is a LOST candidate because Gris Gris hasn't fielded him in two years.  That is because Pat Patrick isn't his name but purely a nickname, and Gris Gris decided to punt those he had at that time.
Three-Time Indy 500 Team Owner Pat Patrick Dies Aged 91 (msn.com)

Looking at the inverse pool list, I am very surprised that Captain Tom didn’t even get to the top 50 most picked this year. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Looking at the inverse pool list, I am very surprised that Captain Tom didn’t even get to the top 50 most picked this year. 

Not sure he made it into the top 65 either tbh.

The Final Files are now with Reptile - it's not as simple as him simply pressing a button and from last year we know that the transfer process picks up errors in my data/formatting but we're getting there and I'm very pleased to report that I am no longer the one responsible for any delays.

Until next year.....:hatsoff:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

20 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

The Final Files are now with Reptile - it's not as simple as him simply pressing a button and from last year we know that the transfer process picks up errors in my data/formatting but we're getting there and I'm very pleased to report that I am no longer the one responsible for any delays.

You've been a delight to work with and absoute legend dealing with all these teams.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, msc said:

You've been a delight to work with and absoute legend dealing with all these teams.

Haha getting your resignation in early!

4 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Haha getting your resignation in early!

:lol:

Give it a week or so before I start trying to bribe successors. The front page bit takes up a fair bit of time away from my actual career throughout the entire year so I think 2 years is the most any sensible person can do before taking a break.Aiming to sort out the rest of that to do list this year so that for my sucessor the bulk of the job is basically "write some brief obits every other weekend".

43 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

You will succeed @gcreptile 

Du schaffst das!

This is the first year I've read this thread, as opposed to just submitting my team and waiting, so it's the first time I've appreciated how much effort goes in to running it - so a very quick thank you to the worker elves organising something I get to enjoy for free

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yeah, this is an undertaking above and beyond mere hobbyism - and worthy of appreciation and respect. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, WEP said:

You will succeed @gcreptile 

Du schaffst das!

Thanks!

With a little luck we will have the site up today. You know, in the very basic form that you could see the teams and so on.

The Drop 40 needs some work, new photos, new descriptions, and it's going to be a Drop 41.

Bit by bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 2

1 hour ago, Grim Up North said:

Well done, GUN!

It's all much smoother now than last year, or so it seems. And I hope it wasn't too much stress for you.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Thanks!

With a little luck we will have the site up today. You know, in the very basic form that you could see the teams and so on.

The Drop 40 needs some work, new photos, new descriptions, and it's going to be a Drop 41.

Bit by bit.

Today or tomorrow, that's amazing! :clap:

I'm excited. I have little else in my life, apparently...:D

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Today or tomorrow, that's amazing! :clap:

I'm excited. I have little else in my life, apparently...:D

Ah soon you'll get to see the new Drop 40 name that genuinely shocked the entire Cmme.

As in they're properly notable and not well but without obvious downturn in health, forum championing or being on a top twenty team last year, they've suddenly jumped into the Drop 40 from never being on more than ahandful of teams before now.

26 minutes ago, msc said:

Ah soon you'll get to see the new Drop 40 name that genuinely shocked the entire Cmme.

As in they're properly notable and not well but without obvious downturn in health, forum championing or being on a top twenty team last year, they've suddenly jumped into the Drop 40 from never being on more than ahandful of teams before now.

Look at inverse dead pool, there's a few obvious possibilities for this notably Bobby Charlton and David Attenborough. Murray Walker similar to 

Charlton is no surprise given Jacks death, an Attenborough has crept into the fucking old category. Murray Walker also fits. 

Althoug just spotted the not well thing which points to Tim Bilton? :mellow:

27 minutes ago, msc said:

Going by the in reverse 50 I am guessing Billy Connolly.