msc

Derby Dead Pool 2021

3 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Going by the in reverse 50 I am guessing Billy Connolly.

Connolly previously made the drop 40, so not him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

Connolly previously made the drop 40, so not him

Maybe Bobby Charlton but he does not really fit the bill as his illness was only announced last year so not a surprised he has surged.

4 minutes ago, ItsMeAgain said:

Look at inverse dead pool, there's a few obvious possibilities for this notably Bobby Charlton and David Attenborough. Murray Walker similar to 

Charlton is no surprise given Jacks death, an Attenborough has crept into the fucking old category. Murray Walker also fits. 

Althoug just spotted the not well thing which points to Tim Bilton? :mellow:

4 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Going by the in reverse 50 I am guessing Billy Connolly.

All good guesses - the Big Yin made the Drop 40 last year but only just. Made it far easier this time round.

Charlton I thought would make the Drop 40 but... he finished ONE TEAM OFF! (33 teams, 34 was the cut off)

We've also seen the rarity of a living Drop 40 pick falling off the list too.

33 minutes ago, msc said:

Ah soon you'll get to see the new Drop 40 name that genuinely shocked the entire Cmme.

It hasn't shocked me yet - I have no idea who is in Drop 40 - the way the info is input if they are a simple name to spell then each entry hardly gets noticed by me.

So for example I know there were loads of the Pope because I have to edit nearly every one, Prince Philip (mainly remove an L but people do like giving him his full title for me to delete), Billy Connolly I noticed because 2 Ns and 2Ls is a tricky combination apparently and lots of people like an E between them, Olivia Newton-John (the dash), Yoo Sang-Chul the dash and the dash in the wrong place and all the words jumbled up and differnet spellings of Yoo, Shannen Doherty an E not an O and she's not related to Tommy, Queen Elizabeth II, Leslie Phillips, Mikhail Gorbachev and there is no D in Angela Lansbury.

I am surprised Captain Tom didn't make it because it felt I corrected his name a lot - in fact when I saw the comments on The Inverse Pool I went back and checked for Tom Moore in case I had created a duplicate with a different spelling but no, it's right - his age would put a lot of people off I suppose. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Thank you @Grim Up North Put your feet up have a drink or a well deserved treat and Enjoy!

Am I allowed both?:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, msc said:

All good guesses - the Big Yin made the Drop 40 last year but only just. Made it far easier this time round.

Charlton I thought would make the Drop 40 but... he finished ONE TEAM OFF! (33 teams, 34 was the cut off)

We've also seen the rarity of a living Drop 40 pick falling off the list too.

Im going for Rolf Harris then

For the drop Gazza maybe.

Can't see any names on the Inverse DP list that greatly surprised me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, msc said:

Ah soon you'll get to see the new Drop 40 name that genuinely shocked the entire Cmme.

As in they're properly notable and not well but without obvious downturn in health, forum championing or being on a top twenty team last year, they've suddenly jumped into the Drop 40 from never being on more than ahandful of teams before now.

Taking a guess at Alan Alda or Jaspar Carrot. 

Did players finally collectively take Bob Dole's advice and not pick Bob Dole in DDP?Bob Dole does not like when Bob Dole is picked,Bob Dole would point at  Tomasz Schafernaker direction if he knew who that was.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Great to see Maude Apatow picked again.

You’re welcome

• Like 1

Scoreboard still to be updated, and a few niggly things to be improved when there's time but: we're up, basically.

DDP 2021

• Like 11

Not to sing a song that celebrates myself, but Zoe Davison is my first unique hit since Yosra El-Essawy on October 24, 2014.  When "All About That Bass" by Meghan Trainor was #1.

Am very disappointed that Frank Ifield is not a unique for my B Team. Shame about that. 

I have a question:

Under my main team name it reads

"Years in DDP: 6
Best position: 98th = (2008)"

....this is my first year competing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Salmon Mousse said:

I have a question:

Under my main team name it reads

"Years in DDP: 6
Best position: 98th = (2008)"

....this is my first year competing

Years ago there was another Salmon Mousse and the system got confused. Those bits are fixed manually so shall be in good time.

• Like 1

Just now, msc said:

Years ago there was another Salmon Mousse and the system got confused. Those bits are fixed manually so shall be in good time.

Ah, excellent, thank you

Genuinely surprised that Gail Halvorsen and Philippe de Gaulle are unique picks for me considering they’re both on their last legs.

In a bit more of a serious note, this is the 4th year in a row that I get a unique pick on my main that I thought surely someone else would have. But hey, a unique is still a unique even though only one of my 3 unique picks scored. Was close to a second one too had it not been for one other person (which I suspect I know who), but I’m not mad at that at all. 
Well, gonna be a great year to watch from the sidelines for the title race, and thanks to all the host for their amazing hard work. :) 

• Like 1

Incidentally, the "surprise" Drop 40 name (eye of the beholder stuff, I know) was Gerd Muller. From nowhere to a top pick.

Shintaro Tsuji staying unique even with a Japan-oriented theme team makes up for Art Rupe losing it to a music theme.

• Like 1

Just now, Ulitzer95 said:

Genuinely surprised that Gail Halvorsen and Philippe de Gaulle are unique picks for me considering they’re both on their last legs.

Hey, if de Gaulle dies before the 28th December - sounds likely - he's worth 9 points for you.

• Like 1

I will update the scores in a bit, but then be done for the day.

The next task will be to finish the photos for the Drop 40 - that's easy.

But if you want to help with the photos, you can give me a PM or post here maybe.

You can help us if you:

1. find photos of those who don't have one

2. cut the photos into a quadratic shape

3. resize / shrink them to a 150 x 150 (you can find this stuff on the internet)

Then send them to the DDP email address.

I think it would be best to write me first, so we don't do the same work twice.

I will occasionally upload them, and have the goal to get all of them within the next weeks or so, if we can.

• Thanks 1

Wtf, 8 uniques...

I see that there are still a few questionable "theme" teams. Take the random category one, for instance. Not only do the 20 celebrities have nothing in common with each other, once the randomization was done, all the names then went through an active selection process to weed out the bad ones. How the fuck is a specific selection process considered a theme team? It's one thing if you have no choice but to go with the first 20 names that come up. :lol: