msc

Derby Dead Pool 2021

System has hilariously put my main team Expiry Date 2021 as a theme team of ex nazis's from 2010. Lol.

6 minutes ago, msc said:

Incidentally, the "surprise" Drop 40 name (eye of the beholder stuff, I know) was Gerd Muller. From nowhere to a top pick.

You must have missed his wife revealing and lots of Q/O sources reporting that he is pretty near the end

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

System has hilariously put my main team Expiry Date 2021 as a theme team of ex nazis's from 2010. Lol.

Yeah, highly inaccurate

Limbaugh is a current Nazi

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Well done and thank you.

One thing though, and it is my mistake but my joker is actress Brigitte Auber not the author Brigitte Aubert.   

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

As with The Salmon Mousse there are just some coincidences where the easiest and least time consuming way to find and sort is to simply publish the site and be damned - so anyone else with similar oddities just post on here and we’ll investigate, sort and correct.

No offence taken.

Cheers, GUN

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Just now, Grim Up North said:

As with The Salmon Mousse there are just some coincidences where the easiest and least time consuming way to find and sort is to simply publish the site and be damned - so anyone else with similar oddities just post on here and we’ll investigate, sort and correct.

No offence taken.

Cheers, GUN

tbh I just assumed Crem had uncovered some horrific historical facts about beloved celebs...:lol:

• Like 1

I assume "Going, going, gone" is another team name that's picked up a description for a previous outfit?

I see the pesky A Pelican In The Wilderness came up with an interesting strategy of only having 19 names. Maybe having one name short will be of good fortune for them. We’ll see...

Just about to shower after shopping in the viral soup that is my local supermarket  but look forward to checking my unique count once  I emerge clean pure and refreshed  from the shower...!

Yeah, those team names....if you actually choose a team name that has been used before, the Excel formulas (default files since...oh, I don't know, 2013?) assign an old code that belonged to the previous team.

And then all the statistics of that old team get assigned to the new team. Unfortunate, but it happens.

However, now that the site is up, we can do some more changes without throwing everything in disorder. The number of teams and picks, and who these picks are, is set.

• Thanks 1

Also nice to see Big Iain (the DDP's founder) playing again after a few years absence.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Predictor said:

I see that there are still a few questionable "theme" teams. Take the random category one, for instance. Not only do the 20 celebrities have nothing in common with each other, once the randomization was done, all the names then went through an active selection process to weed out the bad ones. How the fuck is a specific selection process considered a theme team? It's one thing if you have no choice but to go with the first 20 names that come up. :lol:

Yes ...... I see GOODBYLADIES (sic) - Famous women   :scratchhead:

On 01/12/2020 at 12:12, msc said:

3. THEME TEAMS need to be a theme team ie they can't be "all men" or "all DDP survivors from last years top ten".  Esoteric is OK, taking the piss is not.

Just now, Toast said:

Yes ...... I see GOODBYLADIES (sic) - Famous women   :scratchhead:

I refer you to the previous comments about the teams page getting updated as it goes along. I thought I'd caught all of them earlier but the font on the excel is very small. Needless to say, if they've been vetoed as a theme team - which the above has - they wont be in the theme league even if gremlins in the system tried to force our hand! :D

• Thanks 1

Oh not a huge one, but you have the wrong date of birth for Dan Quayle. It’s 4 February 1947 not 4 September 1947.

Maybe I should check this out.

Honestly, you take a couple of hours off, then it's time for a ciggie....^_^

Anyhow, I'll check it out in about 5 minutes. Hopefully I won't need to add to the avalanche of niggles....

For new theme teams I quite like Oscar Strikeouts (nominated for one of the big prizes, didnt win), Sweeney Todd Dying Squad and The Curse of Late September (for sheer wtf).

1st Jan - Mark Eden - Deathray/Grobler

1st Jan -  Yazdi/Little - DDT

2nd Jan - Westphal - Prophet

The changes at the top in 2021 so far...

I'm quite chuffed. 25 unique picks in 2020. 37 unique picks in 2021. Surpassed my expectations. 

Quite surprised that Christina Crawford, Maggie Kirkpatrick and Edgar Pearce are still uniques amongst my picks though. 

As I expected Ironmouse is a unique for me. Very surprised that Eugenia Cooney was picked by so few but over all I think I have winning potential this year. 

Hmm...only 19 out of 20 uniques on my main team. :rant:

Others much as expected.

Is there any reason why Gerry Marsden isn't crossed out yet on my Hits of 36 Years Ago team? He is marked as dead on the celeb list.

Ray Jackson of Lindisfarne is marked as having been born in San Antonio, Texas, but I believe Wiki on Wallsend, Northumberland! DoB is fine.

Great work though guys! 

Thanks for including People I Think Might Die in 2021 United.

13 years in and just had my second ever unique hit.

Things are looking up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

I see the pesky A Pelican In The Wilderness came up with an interesting strategy of only having 19 names. Maybe having one name short will be of good fortune for them. We’ll see...

Entered a team of 20 with No Subs on 31st December but one of his picks was already dead. 

Nick Hitchon a pick for 3 teams I see. Obit should come in next few days. 

Great age. 115 Up? :P

CFFD8F5D-82D2-4041-9011-7EDAAAF17B5D.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I saw a couple of names now with birth year 1905. Must be an access thing or something. I assume most of these names actually have an unknown birthday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Nick Hitchon a pick for 3 teams I see. Obit should come in next few days. 

Great age. 115 Up? :P

CFFD8F5D-82D2-4041-9011-7EDAAAF17B5D.jpeg

Dying at same time as Apted has made sure they is no chance of no Q/O.

• Like 1