Jump to content
Paul Bearer

The Dead of 2021

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Toast said:

You all know my opinion: it should serve as a complete compendium of deaths for the year.


I kind of agree, but I think the problem really is that there are so many bastard threads that each death ends up getting cross-referenced multiple times. That above was by my count the 5th death notice for Briggs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Toast said:

Why do we bother to have a "Dead of (year)" thread at all if people are going to complain about deaths being posted in it?

 

You all know my opinion: it should serve as a complete compendium of deaths for the year.

 

Yes, agreed. (Again)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Toast said:

Why do we bother to have a "Dead of (year)" thread at all if people are going to complain about deaths being posted in it?

 

You all know my opinion: it should serve as a complete compendium of deaths for the year.

 

Because sometimes the field specific  thread is several pages back and a person posting an obit doesn't feel like scanning 5 minutes looking for the Pilots or Doctors or Cricket Player etc thread.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CaptainChorizo said:

Because sometimes the field specific  thread is several pages back and a person posting an obit doesn't feel like scanning 5 minutes looking for the Pilots or Doctors or Cricket Player etc thread.

 

I think you missed my point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My fish died. Sad times.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, odeon said:

My fish died. Sad times.

 

I once knew someone who had a one clawed crab for a pet.

 

I never understood why...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Windsor said:

 

I once knew someone who had a one clawed crab for a pet.

 

I never understood why...

I suppose because it was unique?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Windsor said:

 

I once knew someone who had a one clawed crab for a pet.

 

I never understood why...

 

 

Yeah, I had a one-eyed rescue cat once, to us she was beautiful - a complete character etc. etc. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:


So he did.

1. I thought that was for British soaps only so I didn't look to see if he was there

2. I didn't know Degrassi was a soap

3. Isn't this where we post deaths anyway?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dead Wait said:


has dead

 

is died

Dead, wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

Kind of shocked at this one. Nicola Pagett died due to a brain tumour.  I was only thinking about  'A Bit of a Do' yesterday and the longevity of its cast. 

 

Nicola Pagett obituary | Stage | The Guardian 

Same here, I'm trying to convince myself that I'd hrard mutterings, but I don't think I had. Very much under the radar as far as I'm concerned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, time said:

Same here, I'm trying to convince myself that I'd hrard mutterings, but I don't think I had. Very much under the radar as far as I'm concerned.

 

I did a search but couldn't find anything . I think she was a pick on Derby Dead Pool at some point. I heard some rumours about mental health somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Handrejka said:

Kind of shocked at this one. Nicola Pagett died due to a brain tumour.  I was only thinking about  'A Bit of a Do' yesterday and the longevity of its cast. 

 

Nicola Pagett obituary | Stage | The Guardian 

Jesus!!!

I was reading up on her the other week!!:(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Jesus!!!

I was reading up on her the other week!!:(

 That happens to me too. I was looking up A Bit of A Do and was pleasantly surprised that most of the cast are still around. I was also surprised it only ran for 2 series. It seemed to go on for years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Handrejka said:

 That happens to me too. I was looking up A Bit of A Do and was pleasantly surprised that most of the cast are still around. I was also surprised it only ran for 2 series. It seemed to go on for years.

Yes, I thought it went on for longer too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Robin Prytherch, renowned buzzard expert.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Toast said:

 

:clivedunn:

I think he's on "A slow boat to China".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Robin Prytherch, renowned buzzard expert.

 

Thoughts & prey-ers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use