Sign in to follow this  
Weebl

Badly timed deaths

7 minutes ago, Predictor said:

Why should there have been a worldwide mourning for a cunt like Mother Teresa?

James Stewart died a day after Robert Mitchum.

Don't get all warm in the crotch for your matriarch.  Who the fuck was she, other than some cunt that some dude who just so happened to be born into some genealogy lottery winner asked 'hey cunt I'm feelin all matrimonial and shit'.  All the sudden she's SOMEONE?  Fuck her.  At least the old leather-faced ratbag made some worldwide accomplishments other than flying the company plane to Africa for a photo op.  (See Depeche Mode 1986 for further reading).

SC

1 minute ago, Sir Creep said:

Don't get all warm in the crotch for your matriarch.  Who the fuck was she, other than some cunt that some dude who just so happened to be born into some genealogy lottery winner asked 'hey cunt I'm feelin all matrimonial and shit'.  All the sudden she's SOMEONE?  Fuck her.  At least the old leather-faced ratbag made some worldwide accomplishments other than flying the company plane to Africa for a photo op.  (See Depeche Mode 1986 for further reading).

SC

"your matriarch"

:lol:

No, that would be Queen Sylvia and Princesses Victoria & Madeleine. God bless all 3 of them. Pointing out that Teresa (ain't calling her 'mother' this time) was evil has nothing to do with liking Diana.

• Like 1

Roland Ratzenberger totally overshadowed by Ayrton Senna 24 hours later.

9 hours ago, msc said:

I missed nearly the entire Princess Diana death week stuff, being on holiday at the time in Italy. Discussion of it since has made that sound the best timed family holiday we ever had.

I was on holiday in Majorca (I think) at the time. Glad I was as the press at the time seemed to go overboard. 

2016 Christmas period. That was a hell of a confusion week for George Michael, Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds.Hard to tell who was overshadowed. Robbin Williams and Lauren Bacall a day apart. She was overshadowed. Can't remember any other with major accidents but I know there were a few.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ImNotHades said:

2016 Christmas period. That was a hell of a confusion week for George Michael, Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds.Hard to tell who was overshadowed. Robbin Williams and Lauren Bacall a day apart. She was overshadowed. Can't remember any other with major accidents but I know there were a few.

Well, Richard Adams, Liz Smith, Rick Parfitt were completely overshadowed last Christmas.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, drol said:

Well, Richard Adams, Liz Smith, Rick Parfitt were completely overshadowed last Christmas.

And if we're counting the whole of Xmas Fortnight Zsa Zsa Gabor.

• Like 1

Some more:

Brad Renfro's by Heath Ledger's

Orson Welles' by Yul Brenner's

Federico Fellini's by River Phoenix's

John Ritter's by Johnny Cash's

Ray Charles' by Ronald Reagan's

Oh, and of course:

C.S Lewis and Aldous Huxley by JFK's, the biggest one ever

• Like 1

19 hours ago, drol said:

Hardly memorable people, at least for me :/ but yes, overshadowed even by Deathlisters 

12 hours ago, Deathtreat23 said:

And if we're counting the whole of Xmas Fortnight Zsa Zsa Gabor.

She was lucky enough to get the week before Christmas so she got a bit attention but yes, she was soon forgotten

Liz Taylor's passing was overshadowed by Osama Bin Laden's mini shoot out. 

1 hour ago, ImNotHades said:

Hardly memorable people, at least for me :/ but yes, overshadowed even by Deathlisters 

She was lucky enough to get the week before Christmas so she got a bit attention but yes, she was soon forgotten

Especially since the Christmas Market attack in Berlin happened the following night.

John Noakes and Konstantinos Mitsotakis are overshadowed by Gregg Allman's death. 

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

John Noakes and Konstantinos Mitsotakis are overshadowed by Gregg Allman's death. 

Not really.Didn`t see Allman`s death on the main news program but John Noakes has made the main news.Not heard anything about Mitsotakis on the news at all.No real overshadowing going on.

Country difference, Joey. No one is overshadowing Noakes in the UK. Huge childhood figure for lots of folk aged...35-65, give or take.

Well, unless, say, the Queen dies in an hour, of course.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, msc said:

Country difference, Joey. No one is overshadowing Noakes in the UK. Huge childhood figure for lots of folk aged...35-65, give or take.

Well, unless, say, the Queen dies in an hour, of course.

Ah, Noakes won't beat Allman here in America, but it makes sense in the U.K.

Yeah John Noakes is the 2nd biggest celeb death in the UK this month after Roger Moore.His fame level in the UK is far higher than Allman and Mitsotakis combined.

• Like 1

Just now, Joey Russ said:

Ah, Noakes won't beat Allman here in America, but it makes sense in the U.K.

He wouldn`t because Blue Peter is a very British phenomena.

Trying to think of a US equivalent for Joey. Mr Rodgers? He's dead of course, but someone huge in kids TV.

• Like 1

The Sesame Street cast? They've been around for a long time...

I don't think Allman's deaths is giant in the Us unless your a certain age or specifically a fan of Classic Rock. I had no idea who he was until last year via this website,though I knew of the name The Allman Brothers.

5 minutes ago, CaptainChorizo said:

I don't think Allman's deaths is giant in the Us unless your a certain age or specifically a fan of Classic Rock. I had no idea who he was until last year via this website,though I knew of the name The Allman Brothers.

I'd argue that it was pretty big. He was the #1 trend on Twitter for hours.

So is Ramsey's victim Allman or Noakes?

4 minutes ago, CaptainChorizo said:

I think it feel huge for me cause I am a huge fan of music in general. My music tastes at the moment (besides the Allman Brothers tribute) currently consists of Jonathan Richman, Tim Buckley, Elvis Costello and Electric Light Orchestra, as well as a general folk list. And I try to listen to as many artists as I can...

13 minutes ago, RadGuy said:

I'd argue that it was pretty big. He was the #1 trend on Twitter for hours.

So is Ramsey's victim Allman or Noakes?

Allman was probably dead way before Ramsey scored.

2 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

Allman was probably dead way before Ramsey scored.

Actually, Allman died at 2:30PM Eastern Time according to reports. Exactly 20 minutes after Ramsey's goal!