Bodybuilders

Household name.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lurking shadow said:

Illia ‘Golem’ Yefimchyk, Belarusian bodybuilder, dies aged 36

Oh no. Not Golem Yefimchyk! 

• Haha 4

Could we start using this thread again for some of these cases?:

There are a few groups of very different bodybuilders or "bodybuilders".

1) The classic, natural bodybuilders (Samson Burke, Joe Weider, Manohar Aich, Len Sell, Peter Lupus, Clarence Bass...many others) 

2) The modern ones who aren't natural, but are actual bodybuilders of IFB/NABBA, etc. (Arnold, Ronnie Coleman, Dorian Yates, Bertil Fox, Ritva Elomaa and nearly all the current ones...more borderline cases include Craig Titus, Miloš Šarčev, Rich Piana, Ernie Taylor and Gregg Valentino, but they still are/were actual bodybuilders too)

3) Synthol freaks/Instagram Hulks/YouTube monstrosities (Valdir Segato, Ronny Rono, Kirill Tereshin, Moustafa Ismail, Romario Dos Santos Alves, Arlindo de Souza, Bostin Loyd...and these Golem Yefimchyk and Matheus Pavlak)

The two first groups fit into this thread. My personal opinion is that modern, self-proclaimed bodybuilders who have never competed and/or are only famous on social media should not be posted here.

• Like 4

Apologies if I caused any confusion. Being new, expect one or two "uh ohs" as I get used to things.

• Like 2

Welcome @Lurking shadow. I have been a member of this forum now for over 6 years and for many years following on from the sidelines long before that. When I first joined I made mistakes but learned from the greats on here how to be a successful contributor. I give credit to nearly everyone on here who make my time using the forum on here enjoyable but special credit goes to @Paul Bearer, @Death Impends, @Ulitzer95, @arghton, @Bibliogryphon, @Joey Russ, @TomTomTelekom @Thatcher, @tracy, @Summer in Transylvania, @YoungWillz @maryportfuncity, @chilean way, @wannamaker. Hope you enjoy your time with us on the forum and hope I have pointed out some useful guides you can follow to be a successful contributor on here.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the very warm welcome @Steve. It's much appreciated and I've been a long time lurker myself who's finally decided to take the plunge! Looking forward to posting more and learning the ropes...

1 hour ago, Steve said:

I give credit to nearly everyone on here who make my time using the forum on here enjoyable but special credit goes to @Paul Bearer, @Death Impends, @Ulitzer95, @arghton, @Bibliogryphon, @Joey Russ, @TomTomTelekom @Thatcher, @tracy, @Summer in Transylvania, @YoungWillz @maryportfuncity, @chilean way, @wannamaker.

Don't forget to add @gcreptile to your list of notable contributors/members. This place would not be what it is today without him.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, MariNisia said:

Don't forget to add @gcreptile to your list of notable contributors/members. This place would not be what it is today without him.

One million percent agree @MariNisia, @gcreptile is an absolute legend along with @drol

• Like 9