Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2023

10 minutes ago, Sean said:

Yeah the committee has its favourites but in the cases mentioned above and others :Schultz ,Bill Gates Sr to name another two were brought in just at the right time.

As Glynis is in a care facility and has been for some time now I think she could well be someone the committee might chose as the did the others mentioned above in years gone by.

Scenario: "Angela Lansbury's dead" (argument about Bedknobs and Broomsticks vs Mary Poppins) "Dick van Dykes the last major cast member left from Poppins right, other than  Julie Andrews?" (googles) "Oh fucking hell, Glynis Johns isn't dead" (makes DL debut)

:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, msc said:

Scenario: "Angela Lansbury's dead" (argument about Bedknobs and Broomsticks vs Mary Poppins) "Dick van Dykes the last major cast member left from Poppins right, other than  Julie Andrews?" (googles) "Oh fucking hell, Glynis Johns isn't dead" (makes DL debut)

:D

Or someone at the meeting suggests Stephen Sondheim at this year's gathering : Committee member 2 "He is already dead.Died last year "." Committee member 1 " Shit well who should we pick who was associated with him?"  Commitee member 2 :Googles "ooh Glynis Johns the original singer of Send in the Clowns and the woman the song was written for is still alive"Commitee member 2 " Meh close enough.We have to drop 25 names and there is a space or two free in the forties.Sod it".

• Like 1

Annette Crosbie (89 next year) hasn't appeared in anything since 2020 and in said  appearance didn't look all that great, however this could just be because of CV-19 (but even before that she seemed to have slowed down with her career).

• Like 3

It’s surprising Glynis Johns has never been considered when the committee adore her Mary Poppins co star Dick Van Dyke. 

• Like 3

Just now, The Old Crem said:

It’s surprising Glynis has never been considered when the committee adore her co star Dick Van Dyke. 

Despite him still looking like he could run a mile.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sean said:

I can get the argument that Apfel isn't famous enough for the death list.But Glynis Johns and Eva Marie Saint most certainly are deathlisty names.Both acclaimed actresses with a breadth of notable work over many years.

No, What I meant was that I didn’t include these forum favorites in my list of « news » even though I think they all are deathlisty names 

• Like 2

If he reaches it, I think Rolf Harris is due to take Robert Durst vilain spot 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

No, What I meant was that I didn’t include these forum favorites in my list of « news » even though I think they all are deathlisty names 

I know I just can't fathom for the life of me why the committee wouldn't go for them.

• Like 2

I also wonder if the commitee might pick Georgia Holt under the Bill Gates Sr precedent I.e if an uber famous person has a parent with a public profile large enough to argue they are also somewhat notable in their own right that suffices.

Another comparison in the form of siblings is Dai and Roddy Llewellyn.Dai had a profile but would he have been picked without Roddy shagging Margaret?No.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

I also wonder if the commitee might pick Georgia Holt under the Bill Gates Sr precedent I.e if an user famous person has a parent with a public profile large enough to argue they are also somewhat notable in their own right.

Another comparison in the form of siblings is Dai and Roddy Llewellyn.Dai had a profile but would he have been picked without Roddy staffing Margaret.No.

Wouldn’t mind having her, I love Cher and Georgia Holt is at the Same fame level as Gates Sr. I think so it can be argued but I doubt it will happen…

(Well, maybe I’m wrong, Bush Sr was in, everything can happen right ?) 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, Sean said:

I also wonder if the commitee might pick Georgia Holt under the Bill Gates Sr precedent I.e if an uber famous person has a parent with a public profile large enough to argue they are also somewhat notable in their own right.

Another comparison in the form of siblings is Dai and Roddy Llewellyn.Dai had a profile but would he have been picked without Roddy staffing Margaret.No.

Looking up who Georgia Holt is I am surprised to find out Cher has two kids. I always thought Chaz was her only one. 

• Like 1

Just a thought.As you say the fame level between her and Gates Sr appears similar.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

If he reaches it, I think Rolf Harris is due to take Robert Durst vilain spot 

Aye, just added him to the Deathrace form guide - wall-to-wall jokerage in that pool and possibly Alagiahesque ubiquity in the DDP, if he sees the Sun Arise in 2023, eh?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

Looking up who Georgia Holt is I am surprised to find out Cher has two kids. I always thought Chaz was her only one. 

Nope she had one with Allman too 

• Like 2

Just now, Lafaucheuse said:

Wouldn’t mind having her, I love Cher and Georgia Holt is at the Same fame level as Gates Sr. I think so it can be argued but I doubt it will happen…

(Well, maybe I’m wrong, Bush Sr was in, everything can happen right ?) 

The difference being that he was the president of the United States, much more important than just the father of a rich dude and the mother of a singer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, wannamaker said:

The difference being that he was the president of the United States, much more important than just the father of a rich dude and the mother of a singer.

Ahah my bad ! Bush/Gates I always mixed both, don’t know Why

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sean said:

Just a thought.As you say the fame level between her and Gates Sr appears similar.

I would say Georgia Holt is more famous than Bill Gates Dad. I remember her being interviewed by Clive James alongside Jackie Stallone and she has been a guest on Drag Race

• Like 5

On 03/04/2022 at 08:30, TheSpinosaurus said:

Well known Ferrari designer and engineer Mauro Forghieri is still alive at age 87 years old.

Not any more; https://www.motors-addict.com/en/article/scuderia-ferrari/legendary-ferrari-designer-mauro-forghieri-dies-aged-87/63624336887b4f00080c9dcd?utm_campaign=rss

• Like 4

Frank Price (1930): President of Columbia Pictures and Universal. He greenlit Kramer vs. Kramer, Tootsie, Gandhi, The Karate Kid, Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, Out of Africa, Howard the Duck, Boyz n the Hood and Groundhog Day. Frank retired in 2021. Think he was born about 30 years too late to be famous as a studio executive. His son Roy had a Metoo issue in 2017.

• Like 2

On 18/09/2022 at 22:01, arghton said:

Ex-King of Greece Constantine II confirmed to be too ill to attend Queen Elizabeth II's funeral:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-11224515/Crown-Prince-Pavlos-Greece-says-Queen-one-wonderful-people-ever.html

Constantine looking very "frail" 2 days ago:

https://royalcentral.co.uk/europe/greece/concerns-mount-for-king-constantines-health-after-he-appears-very-frail-in-rare-public-outing-182966/

41 minutes ago, arghton said:

There were no pictures included in that article but I found one with a quick Instagram search: 

constantineii.thumb.jpg.300f62d8832bf6b56b636efebe5dadf3.jpg

Awful for someone « only » 82. Wouldn’t mind an inclusion 

29 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

Anyone see Tim Curry as a worthy 2023 DL candidate?

I hope not!

Realistically though, likely within the next 5 years he should or could make a debut.