Spade_Cooley

Internet Celebrities

2 hours ago, Comped said:

I think you saw this video update from a fellow YT creator, and mate of hers, from a few hours ago. It certainly does not sound like a good situation. You can tell he's clearly trying to sound optimistic but it doesn't sound anywhere as good as he's trying to make it out to be.

Photo from the video:

966499166_Screenshot_20231222-0412482.thumb.png.660e1e4e17a89143fb1936269880e3d2.png

As you said, the tone of the video is strange. She's sitting up, holding up her hand, smiling with her eyes open in daylight – none of which she was able to do in the last update. That isn't a high bar, though. She's no longer on the verge of death but it isn't much of a life.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Photo from the video:

966499166_Screenshot_20231222-0412482.thumb.png.660e1e4e17a89143fb1936269880e3d2.png

As you said, the tone of the video is strange. She's sitting up, holding up her hand, smiling with her eyes open in daylight – none of which she was able to do in the last update. That isn't a high bar, though. She's no longer on the verge of death but it isn't much of a life.

I must have missed that! It's still not a very good life, as you noted, but we don't know what her health is like beyond that one day that was played extremely optimistically (and opaquely) in the video.

3 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Photo from the video:

So sort of like Derek Draper but a bit better? Agreed it's an awful situation to be in, but I'm assuming that asides from the extreme fatigue, she so far hasn't had any other major life threatening complications (organs failing, countless surgeries etc.) from the long Covid. 

Kabosu aka. the Doge falls ill again. According to owner: bronchitis, otitis media, otitis externa, fever and severe nystagmus. 

On 29/08/2023 at 21:13, arghton said:

Uncle Jack had another ER visit some days ago and had a "stomach tube procedure" but is now "doing fine" again.

Uncle Jack (elderly tiktok personality) had a complicated surgery for apparent cancer last month and is now ill with covid. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

PC Siqueira was born in Guarulhos and died in São Paulo at the age of 37 on December 27, The case was registered as suicide by hanging. He was a Brazilian YouTuber, presenter and comics colorist. He had more than 2 million subscribers on his YouTube account. He created a lot of content for the internet, as well as TV programs via MTV Brasil, PlayTV and TBS Brasil. As a child, PC was a victim of bullying by other children because of his strabismus, and ended up having to teach himself to read and write at home. In 2019, PC participated in the reality show O Aprendiz, being fired in episode 11.

https://www.terra.com.br/amp/diversao/pc-siqueira-teria-se-matado-na-frente-da-namorada,de1b6a4d88346b292de2ffd56bb81033pjinpa37.html

220px-Bate-papo_Rafinha_Bastos_e_PC_Siqueira_%288435791719%29.jpg

• Like 3

Reptile YouTuber and obvious DDP pick Brian Barczyk is near the end of his battle with pancreatic cancer in hospital, according to his Instagram story. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

Reptile YouTuber and obvious DDP pick Brian Barczyk is near the end of his battle with pancreatic cancer in hospital, according to his Instagram story. 

Two strokes in addition to his cancer, lost vision in one eye, doctor says "the end is coming". Definitely think that's my first hit of the year.

47 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

Yeah saw that yesterday and thought he had days to live.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Perhaps said:

Not quite 40, and only been doing this for a handful of years, but it seems the game is already passing me by.  There's clearly a new level of internet "celebrity" I've no understanding of.

• Like 3

Henrique Medeiros had almost 2 million subscribers on YouTube and published “trolling” videos on his channel. He was missing and was found buried in the backyard of a couple of neighbors from Itapecerica da Serra, a 28-year-old man and a 24-year-old pregnant woman – he voluntarily presented himself at the city police station. They claim that Carlos died after suffering a heart attack as a result of a cocaine overdose. “The couple said their friend overdosed on cocaine and died. Then they didn’t know what to do and decided to bury the body in the backyard.”

Corpo de youtuber desaparecido é encontrado enterrado no quintal da casa de amigos. Entenda o caso (msn.com)

Corpo de youtuber desaparecido é encontrado enterrado no quintal da casa de amigos. Entenda o caso

Murmurs on Twitter that Brian Barczyk has died are likely untrue, as his YouTube channel posted a goodbye video just over an hour ago and confirmed in the comments that he's still alive.

The video is depressing, so watch at your own risk, but basically, he confirms that chemo stopped working a few months ago and he is now entering hospice.

So, still alive, but as is tradition to say 'round these parts, won't be around to see the Royal Rumble.

57 minutes ago, RadGuy said:

Murmurs on Twitter that Brian Barczyk has died are likely untrue, as his YouTube channel posted a goodbye video just over an hour ago and confirmed in the comments that he's still alive.

The video is depressing, so watch at your own risk, but basically, he confirms that chemo stopped working a few months ago and he is now entering hospice.

So, still alive, but as is tradition to say 'round these parts, won't be around to see the Royal Rumble.

I hate to agree with you, I watched the video, he’s gasping for air and sounds frail and looks the part + he had a “few strokes” 

JayzTwoCents (PC builder/tech youtuber) is dialing back on content due to his health issues (currently/or about to be receiving treatment).

One of the weird oddities of Barczyk's slow passing is that some of his socials still have automated posting on, his content team haven't paused them. So while he's gasping for oxygen in a hospice bed somewhere, on Facebook he's "posting" videos today showing him gallivanting about with snakes and his plans for new water tanks at the aquarium.

• Like 1

The biggest Barczyk oddity is what passes for a celebrity on the internet.  Sure, his "goodbye video" sits at just under 660k views... but the internet has 5.3 billion users.  Might just be a middle-aged man yelling at clouds here but seems the bar for internet-only fame should be a lot higher than real-world fame.  Emphasis on "a lot".

• Like 4

Speaking as another out of touch middle aged guy... you're right, you are yelling at clouds here. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When co-host I was asked to put a lower limit on followers for net presenters and called it at half a million which DQ'd a number of intelligent thoughtful channels I frequently check out.

Mr scary snake dude here has nearly 5 MILLION followers (and a 114 million likes)on tiktok. He absolutely smashes the fame bar I was asked to set.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

One of the weird oddities of Barczyk's slow passing is that some of his socials still have automated posting on, his content team haven't paused them. So while he's gasping for oxygen in a hospice bed somewhere, on Facebook he's "posting" videos today showing him gallivanting about with snakes and his plans for new water tanks at the aquarium.

Employees Giving there tributes

2 hours ago, Salmon Mousse said:

The biggest Barczyk oddity is what passes for a celebrity on the internet.  Sure, his "goodbye video" sits at just under 660k views... but the internet has 5.3 billion users.  Might just be a middle-aged man yelling at clouds here but seems the bar for internet-only fame should be a lot higher than real-world fame.  Emphasis on "a lot".

Eh. Still way more famous than Derek Draper. So make of that as you will.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

Eh. Still way more famous than Derek Draper. So make of that as you will.

and probably Bill Gates' dad or that Captain Whosit Whatsit, that everyone insisted was so famous last year, but there's no way I'm trusting internet metrics as an accurate measure of anything

I truly don’t understand what the problem is with internet celebrities and the grey pube community. 

Barczyk has millions of subscribers, followers and viewers across all the platforms he’s on and has for years. Enlighten me, what’s the difference with people gaining fame on the internet than a presenter hosting a daytime show on Channel 5?

• Like 6

There's a reason big money, i.e. corporate sponsors are kind of leaving TV and going into sponsoring over the internet. Internet stars have a bigger reach than many, if not most, classic celebrities - especially with the target demographic.

When I watch TV, either german or american TV, I mostly get senior products or scam ads (Gold, reverse mortgage, miracle shampoos, etc...).

It does make me wonder if the "TV host" is a dying breed. Just like TV announcers stopped being a thing around 25 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

I truly don’t understand what the problem is with internet celebrities and the grey pube community. 

Barczyk has millions of subscribers, followers and viewers across all the platforms he’s on and has for years. Enlighten me, what’s the difference with people gaining fame on the internet than a presenter hosting a daytime show on Channel 5?

Not an assessment of value, just the honest answer: One creates their own content and hopes metrics deliver while the other is paid to create content for an audience that already exists

59 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

He has also appeared in some Mr. Beast videos, you know, the second most subscribed youtube channel. 

• Like 1