TQR

The Next Tory Leader

Who’ll Be The Next Tory Leader?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

According to Jon  Craig on SKY NEWS  Penny Mordaunt was extremely chipper after tonight's hustings  and Nadim Zahawi looked very angry and moody, refused to speak to the media and intriguingly was very annoyed with Penny who he refused to speak to afterwards!!

4 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

According to Jon  Craig on SKY NEWS  Penny Mordaunt was extremely chipper after tonight's hustings  and Nadim Zahawi looked very angry and moody, refused to speak to the media and intriguingly was very annoyed with Penny who he refused to speak to afterwards!!

Penny for your thoughts, Nadim?

(Open GOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLL). :D

• Haha 2

I’d predict pretty confidently that Hunt, Zahawi, Braverman and Badenoch won’t go any further than this round. Tugend needs to have an absolutely storming week if he’s any hope of making the final two. The less Truss talks (because it’ll definitely be bilge), the better her chances will be. Same goes for Sunak, though perhaps his position is rather less precarious. Mordaunt appears to be confident but she will rely heavily on backers from dropped candidates.

Zero interest in who becomes the next PM, will just be a puppet for the same tax dodging corporations either way.

4 hours ago, TQR said:

I’d predict pretty confidently that Hunt, Zahawi, Braverman and Badenoch won’t go any further than this round. Tugend needs to have an absolutely storming week if he’s any hope of making the final two. The less Truss talks (because it’ll definitely be bilge), the better her chances will be. Same goes for Sunak, though perhaps his position is rather less precarious. Mordaunt appears to be confident but she will rely heavily on backers from dropped candidates.

Badenoch will likely scrape the 30 endorsements needed.

Zahawi says he’d give Johnson a cabinet position if he became PM.

What is wrong with these people? Is he trying to torpedo his own fucking campaign?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, TQR said:

Zahawi says he’d give Johnson a cabinet position if he became PM.

What is wrong with these people? Is he trying to torpedo his own fucking campaign?

He'd be a perfect court jester.

Penny Mordaunt would beat every candidate to be the next  Prime Minister according to  new YouGov  poll of tory party members.

• Shocked 1

14 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Penny Mordaunt would beat every candidate to be the next  Prime Minister according to  new YouGov  poll of tory party members.

She's another member of that fascist group, isn't she.  :angry:

• Like 1

It’s clear quite a few of the Tory press don’t like her through always making sly digs at her on Twitter. Could be a bumpy ride but she will most likely win.

Predictions on who makes the 30 cut-off?

I'd say everyone has a good shot. Zahawi seems the likely candidate to either fall short or get the smallest vote count overall. I'd be surprised if anyone else falls short, maybe small odds that Badenoch will

4 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

Predictions on who makes the 30 cut-off?

I'd say everyone has a good shot. Zahawi seems the likely candidate to either fall short or get the smallest vote count overall. I'd be surprised if anyone else falls short, maybe small odds that Badenoch will

Strong rumours that Hunt  will fall in todays ballot. 

• Shocked 1

33 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Strong rumours that Hunt  will fall in todays ballot. 

He was said to be feeling very confident when arriving for the vote.

33 minutes ago, Sean said:

He was said to be feeling very confident when arriving for the vote.

Oh? Some commentator on the BBC was convinced of the opposite! Not long to wait!!

2 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Oh? Some commentator on the BBC was convinced of the opposite! Not long to wait!!

I read that statement I made above on the BBC ha!

• Haha 1

They predicting Andrea Leadsom as Mordaunt’s chancellor. I’m not sure if Leadsom will go down well with the public or not. 

Thressa Villers - who joined Mordaunt on the March for Andrea Leadsom, has decided to back Sunak for some reason. 

Hunt and Zahawi out.

• Like 1

I wonder if all the rest will withdraw and we will only have one more round between the top three or even they all pull out and Sunak v Mordaunt is sent to the membership.

2 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I listened earlier to a clip from her launch event this morning. In 2 minutes, she sounded more Prime Ministerial than any of those in the Cabinet. Which probably explains why she isn't in it.

I doubt I agree with a huge amount of what she's offering, and I certainly am not in favour of a Brexiteer, but if Brexit is the accepted political reality for the moment, as it seems to be, then, surprising though it may be, I love my country and want it to be successful. If Mordaunt can deliver her promised Brexit dividend, without slashing worker's rights, removing consumer safeguards, bankrupting farmers and blowing up Northern Ireland, then that should be celebrated, and perhaps show that Brexit can be the supposed success they claimed it would be. Or, she can't make it work either and we can perhaps start to have a serious discussion of why we want to cut off our nose to spite our face. And above all else, I just want someone competent and serious, which discounts nearly all the other contenders.

• Like 2

Badenoch team sounds very confident. I doubt Tory members really know that much about her and her hardline culture war stuff could well do well even if you Gov show Mordaunt beating her at present. 

17 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I wonder if all the rest will withdraw and we will only have one more round between the top three or even they all pull out and Sunak v Mordaunt is sent to the membership.

Is this a joke? Since when do people give up power readily?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Why would they withdraw? The whole point is that the eliminated candidates' supporters have a chance to back another horse. Rishi Sunak got 88 votes: there are 260+ Tory MPs who didn't vote for him. If they split equally behind 2 other candidates then they'd beat him by a country mile. There's a few more rounds to go in this at least.

For reference, the first round results were:

Round 1 results.png

That means there are now 43 votes up for grabs plus any changes that come about following those results (could Braverman supporters swing behind someone else now?). I suspect Braverman is done, Tugendhat will be hoping to beat Badenoch in the next round to keep some momentum.

How many more rounds of this garbage do we have to endure? In a G/E  we don't get a chance to change our mind the next day, unlike these  cunt's !!!!!