YoungWillz

Liz Truss

Apparently the lettuce will be releasing its own memoir entitled Liz Truss: My Part in Her Downfall.

• Haha 7

437551482_10159496377496721_938866802701

• Haha 6

In most cases I'd like for Tories to STFU ASAP. But every time Truss is in the news is so hilarious I don't think I could get tired of it if I tried.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Some interesting demolitions of her book here: 

FB_IMG_1714072520563.jpg.ac2c7db8f91bdb0dc33b9e62c2720d4f.jpg

The gift that keeps on giving. Private Eye again. :lol:

• Haha 12

Her book is in the bestseller list! At number 70. She sold 2,228 copies in the first week, 19,000 less than David Hameron and 90,000 less than Tony Blair.

She was outsold by an air fryer recipe book.

• Haha 8

16 minutes ago, TQR said:

Her book is in the bestseller list! At number 70. She sold 2,228 copies in the first week, 19,000 less than David Hameron and 90,000 less than Tony Blair.

Means she'll have outsold about 99% of the market though. The book industry has been strangled the last fourteen years. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TQR said:

As this is one of those books where you'll be able to feel the burning glare of the person at the bookshop till judging you as you hand it over to be scanned, I'm not surprised no-one wants to be seen buying it. Or have their name and address attached to any copy of it sent in the post.  

6 hours ago, TQR said:

You missed the next paragraph:

outsold by titles such as the Ultimate Air Fryer Cookbook and More Confessions of a Forty-something F**k Up.

Truss, 48, has said her book is “not a traditional political memoir”

The writer knew exactly what they were doing there, lmao

• Haha 1

186908704_Image11.thumb.jpeg.2c0dbe0238c0a2b6882cadd95fb882d4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

FB_IMG_1714678758234.thumb.jpg.d7bff126078da02c93edf889b6c43be0.jpg

Forgot to post this a couple of days ago, seems legit. Nice crossover for our DW fans in these parts. :D

• Haha 1

Quite possibly the most deluded person I've ever seen in public. Quite possibly the biggest political loser ever.

Of course, there are wanna-be politicians who never rise up the ranks at all, but then, they never even get the chance to fail so spectacularly.

I wonder what  she does next, die of shame? OnlyFans? I really cant tell. 

• Like 2

As an ex-pm she's got a life pension and eventually a damehood or a seat in the House of Lords. Could become the Ted Heath of the 21st century, sniping at her successors for decades to come.

1 hour ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

As an ex-pm she's got a life pension and eventually a damehood or a seat in the House of Lords. Could become the Ted Heath of the 21st century, sniping at her successors for decades to come.

Ted Heath had a seat in the commons to do that from

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

We discussed on her demise as PM one national figure who is sporadically discussed but peaked and crashed around the same age Truss is now - Arthur Scargill (basically, a visionary without a significant following or a real mission for around 40 years now). I'm wondering if Truss is that animal. Give or take some well paid gigs stateside she's outclassed in almost every usp she might offer. We're not short of ex-prime ministers, there are others who were more significant thinkers and shapers, most of the other figures in her area of politics have a greater following of people who believe in them and Truss can't offer the future to anyone by way of gathering them together and leading them. The one true usp she has is the very thing she'd love to forget, shortest serving and arguably worst PM in our history. There's a wiki page on that final subject, Truss is rock bottom of the poll of parliamentarians, and absent in the other rankings which haven't been revised since she took office (but surely it's only a matter of time!): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_prime_ministers_of_the_United_Kingdom#:~:text=Winston Churchill is generally considered,during the Second World War.

Charmless (allegedly) to the point reality television would chew her up and spit her out (assuming she'd be daft enough to risk it), semi--obscurity beckons, or did I miss summat where she'll thrive in future?

The more I think of it, she's almost like the UK Herman Cain for me. In that she's a terrible person with terrible views who would be completely insufferable had she a whiff of political instinct, but she's too comically incompetent for me to truly hate.

Except Cain never held political office. Truss was PM FFS!!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

We're not short of ex-prime ministers.

Eight of them living now - the most ever? Most look like lasting a good few years yet, too. We could have enough to make a football team before long.

4 hours ago, Death Impends said:

The more I think of it, she's almost like the UK Herman Cain for me. In that she's a terrible person with terrible views who would be completely insufferable had she a whiff of political instinct, but she's too comically incompetent for me to truly hate.

Except Cain never held political office. Truss was PM FFS!!!!

Best summary I have heard of her.Sjmhe was worse than Cain though Imo .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

I don't think she'll get either. Would be very politically unpopular to do so, and she doesn't deserve either of them as well.

4 minutes ago, Comped said:

I don't think she'll get either. Would be very politically unpopular to do so, and she doesn't deserve either of them as well.

Given the size of her ego she will try to oust Forrage as head of Deformed within the year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

Eight of them living now - the most ever? Most look like lasting a good few years yet, too. We could have enough to make a football team before long.

If that team were playing on my lawn I'd shut the curtains, and I love football!