YoungWillz

Liz Truss

4 hours ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Either Chris Sutton reads the forum, or actually is MPFC. Either way, a disturbing thought.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cd165j28wp2o

Neither - bear in mind the observation orignally (I think) came from that master of understated comedy, Bill Shankly. Shankly's best misunderstood joke, arguably, was the time he gave the BBC's presitious goal of the season award to a fast flowing move that ended in a headed goal by the Italian national team. He simply praised the artistry of the move and execution, never once mentioning the fact that the same goal was a large part of England's failure to qualify for the 1978 World Cup, a tournament at which Scotland did play! 

• Like 1

Conor Burns has said on LBC he thinks Truss is not mentally well at the moment.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

She never has been, and neither has he.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

This is something a lot of people who know her have said for several years. Many of them also helped make her Prime Minister while knowing this. 

• Like 1

I see she's rocked up at the RNC in Milwaukee. She does have all that free time on her hands I suppose

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

I see she's rocked up at the RNC in Milwaukee. She does have all that free time on her hands I suppose

Maybe the Democrats hired her, bearing in mind her track record meeting elderly heads of state…

• Haha 7

So, does anyone know if Truss is paying her own way or if some think-tank with money and designs on shaping public opinion are funding all of this?

47 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, does anyone know if Truss is paying her own way or if some think-tank with money and designs on shaping public opinion are funding all of this?

The latter I would say. Pissing money away doing so. Anyone who thinks Truss can help shape public thinking in their mold needs their head examined

2 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

The latter I would say. Pissing money away doing so. Anyone who thinks Truss can help shape public thinking in their mold needs their head examined

She does get a generous allowance for the rest of her days being a former Prime Minister plus security detail. 

• Like 1

Scrum of media desperate to talk to her, just out of shot, obviously!

451515048_10161856303284085_831035656891

If she was any thicker, she'd set.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, TQR said:

If she was any thicker, she'd set.

The way she just stood motionless staring into space when the results in her constituency were read out, she probably did set.

• Haha 1

Just about everybody I asked when she was at number 10, also believed that Liz was not someone we could Truss :banghead:

• Like 1

She does have nice tits for her age. Better than May and Thatcher. And she is well up for it given her past affair(s). Give her a safe seat or a Hustler centrefold. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

She does have nice tits for her age. Better than May and Thatcher. And she is well up for it given her past affair(s). Give her a safe seat or a Hustler centrefold. 

Kwazi Kwarteng might be tit but I wouldn't say he's nice.

• Haha 1

On 16/07/2024 at 09:04, maryportfuncity said:

She is so toxic, I doubt that anybody would be bankrolling her, they'd run a mile.

I think it's her own money, she is desperate to network, get heard and seen.

Quite sad, really.

8 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Still mind blowing this woman was PM even if for just 44 days

Understandable she'd want to max out the former PM card somewhere they might not understand her current standing at home, but there's a long and unhappy history of Trump hangers on who've been brutally dumped and discontinued. And Truss isn't exactly A-list in the people Trump wants to help him. Just Googled "Truss and Trump Photo" and the first hits I got were Trump with Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage, does anyone know if she's actually met him? 

• Like 1

Update on what she was doing at the Republican convention, clearly there on the fringes, there was a scathing piece in yesterday's Guardian making it clear that Truss only got as far as being in a long line of people allowed to shake the hand of a passing J D Vance, and that unfortunately for Truss the one emerging photo was blurry so likely won't scream "posed essential picure of high powered political figure." Interestingly, The Guardian also devoted a page to a serious discussion of whether former PMs should face strong limitations on what they're able to do, not as biased as you might think, Blair was singled out as a serial offender, selling his skills to the highest paying dictatorial autocrat and - if anything - a worse example of bad behaviour than more recent cases because, basically, he's more able and skilled than chancers like Bojo and flakes like Truss.

451978162_10233116925046684_546259837722

• Like 4

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

The Guardian also devoted a page to a serious discussion of whether former PMs should face strong limitations on what they're able to do, not as biased as you might think, Blair was singled out as a serial offender, selling his skills to the highest paying dictatorial autocrat and - if anything - a worse example of bad behaviour than more recent cases because, basically, he's more able and skilled than chancers like Bojo and flakes like Truss.

Could you find a link to that? Sounds quite interesting.

6 hours ago, Comped said:

Doesn't seem to be in the online section, yet - sometimes these things turn up later. It's titled Why we need to stop former prime ministers cashing in, it's written by Simon Kuper and the first line is "Now Britain has made Rishi Sunak its latest ex-prime minister, it's time to rethink the role."

On 21/07/2024 at 14:44, Comped said:

18 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Doesn't seem to be in the online section, yet - sometimes these things turn up later. It's titled Why we need to stop former prime ministers cashing in, it's written by Simon Kuper and the first line is "Now Britain has made Rishi Sunak its latest ex-prime minister, it's time to rethink the role."

https://www.theguardian.com/books/article/2024/jul/22/the-big-idea-why-we-need-to-stop-former-prime-ministers-cashing-in

• Thanks 2