Just now, RoverAndOut said:

I got this far and thought "doesn't Fiona work in the NHS?" Do they not recognise that the reason they're rushed off their feet and everything is going to shit is because of who's in government? Turkeys voting for Christmas  yet again.

And every year or every other year we have to do online training about diversity and equality in the workplace, lol.

She passionately hates Labour and Kier Starmer. I think she may vote Reform UK though but she keeps changing her mind. Thursday I actually texted my friend while at work an SOS for some left wing propoganda, lol.

• Like 2

Forever glad I landed a steady work from home job since even if there are right-wing coworkers, I wouldn't know since there isn't really any oxygen for water cooler chat the way there would be with an in-person job. The last in-person job I had, there were only two loud-and-proud right-winger coworkers but their idiocy def brought the mood down, blabbering about stuff like how they were upset that having to study for an upcoming job meant less time to look at Ben Shapiro tweets, and wanting to move to Texas or Florida "because of rent" :rolleyes:

They didn't seem to have any noticeable issue with me being trans but I have no doubt that was more down to an expectation to be polite with your coworkers than what they actually thought, lol

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

And every year or every other year we have to do online training about diversity and equality in the workplace, lol.

She passionately hates Labour and Kier Starmer. I think she may vote Reform UK though but she keeps changing her mind. Thursday I actually texted my friend while at work an SOS for some left wing propoganda, lol.

I work in a secondary school and finding a good word about the government from any of the teachers in my department is difficult. Closest came from the 21 year old trainee teacher who said she "couldn't see how she could vote for Sunak, then she remembers Eat Out to Help Out and actually he's a top guy." (Ah, the innocence of youth - she was joking, I think). But we might be influenced by the Head of Department who has a teenage son with severe additional needs. When Covid struck, they kept him inside, isolated him from harm. Our Department Head kept himself isolated when he'd been in school and as restrictions lifted, the son still caught Covid and died. But it's OK, because Rishi sorted furlough and attended a meeting too early. :angry2:

• Sad 2

These are the people who've been throwing out the word snowflake for the last 8 years :rolleyes:

• Facepalm 1

I read a very interesting article that was considering that the ‘core vote’ of the two mainstream parties doesn’t exist anymore. Pair that with a splintering across the spectrum, right of centre betwixt Tories and Reform, and left of centre between Labour/Lib Dem/Green/Workers Party(to a lesser extent?), leaves future elections likely to be volatile, with big crashing swings and wipeouts. More floating voters with less allegiance to a party resulting in significant majorities stacking up at election time as they move en masse. The Tories profited from it in 2019, Labour will this year. But when the bottom falls out it goes well and truly, as we are seeing with the likely Tory wipeout. 

Tories likely looking at voting system reform more favourably now!

23 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Tories likely looking at voting system reform more favourably now!

As each side does after a thumping defeat. And then they use the same existing system to regain power and suddenly aren't so keen. Watching the 1997 coverage and Shirley Williams declared that either 1997 or 2001 would be the last First Past the Post election as Mr Blair was committed to constitutional reform. Well...Devolution happened, House of Lords reform happened but PR...never happened. Hard to reject a 100 seat majority in favour of permanent coalition, but it'll happen at some point.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Putting this into Electoral Calculus we have:

LAB: 489 (+292)

CON: 95 (-281)

RFM: 0 (0)

LDM: 28 (+20)

GRN: 2 (+1)

SNP: 14 (-34)

Labour majority of 328...

11 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Putting this into Electoral Calculus we have:

LAB: 489 (+292)

CON: 95 (-281)

RFM: 0 (0)

LDM: 28 (+20)

GRN: 2 (+1)

SNP: 14 (-34)

Labour majority of 328...

That's in and around what I'd have the worst case scenario for the Tories at.

46 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

That's in and around what I'd have the worst case scenario for the Tories at.

I just can't imagine anything like that. Blair got 179 in 1997. That's the largest since the War. Baldwin got 210 in 1924, which is the largest not obtained by a pre-election coalition agreement. A Labour majority of 300? Or even 250? Inconceivable. I know the polls keep telling us this, but I still think they'll get in the region of 200 seats and Labour get a majority of just over 100, and that's absolute best case scenario. As I've seen some Labour supporters on Twitter saying, these polls are a nightmare for Labour. it makes people think it's a foregone conclusion so they stay at home, or they listen to dumb fucks like Owen Jones and think it's perfectly fine to vote Green or Liberal or Workers Party because Labour are going to walk it anyway. And we end up with Laura Kuenssberg announcing at 10pm: "Here's the result of our exit poll: Conservatives the largest party, majority possible" and everyone's asking "wait, how the hell has that happened?" :facepalm:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

I just can't imagine anything like that. Blair got 179 in 1997. That's the largest since the War. Baldwin got 210 in 1924, which is the largest not obtained by a pre-election coalition agreement. A Labour majority of 300? Or even 250? Inconceivable. I know the polls keep telling us this, but I still think they'll get in the region of 200 seats and Labour get a majority of just over 100, and that's absolute best case scenario. As I've seen some Labour supporters on Twitter saying, these polls are a nightmare for Labour. it makes people think it's a foregone conclusion so they stay at home, or they listen to dumb fucks like Owen Jones and think it's perfectly fine to vote Green or Liberal or Workers Party because Labour are going to walk it anyway. And we end up with Laura Kuenssberg announcing at 10pm: "Here's the result of our exit poll: Conservatives the largest party, majority possible" and everyone's asking "wait, how the hell has that happened?" :facepalm:

I would be the same. Think more likely in and around 1997 most likely but people are pissed and they now know tactical voting works so anything is possible

Wonder who'll be the first cabinet member to fall. Maj of the results come between 2 and 4am

52 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Wonder who'll be the first cabinet member to fall. Maj of the results come between 2 and 4am

Justin Tomlinson (Swindon North) or Marcus Jones (Nuneaton) could be the first Minster to lose if the Tories are going to have  a really bad night.Their seats tend to be early declarers. 

All the 2019 times here with previous ones there as well. 

https://electionresults.parliament.uk/general-elections/4/declaration-times

Times will be more similar to 2017/2019 than 2015 with no local elections coinciding. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Pretty low stuff from Largan. I’ve met him and thought he was a tosspot.

Just the smirk makes me want to punch his lights out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Just the smirk makes me want to punch his lights out.

Police are investigating. He apparently has done a similar thing for Reform too: Reform for Robert. All perfectly innocent and above board according to his campaign.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c1eewd5xgjgo

• Like 1

Kunnessberg in calling out Tories shocker. Must have reached the acceptance level of things

This weekend’s canvassing reports for all parties suggesting it could be a record low turnout, As low as 55% prehaps! 

5 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

This weekend’s canvassing reports for all parties suggesting it could be a record low turnout, As low as 55% prehaps! 

No one's been round to ask me.