Another one! This has got to be illegal under election law. :angry:

• Angry 1

Interesting, I thought she would have something a little more....risky.

Like leaking secrets to our enemies.

Security Risk Suella. We never forget.

So apart from the lazy jibe is Richard going happy for a living wage to be paid then.......

8 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

So apart from the lazy jibe is Richard going happy for a living wage to be paid then.......

Reform being the party of workers is as believable as Hannibal Lecter saying he's the voice for vegetarians. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

It's not that Nigel Farage is a racist, it's just that all the racists end up in his party! Reform candidate in Kemi Badenoch's seat forced to step down after previous blog posts stating "Vote BNP"

That's Badenoch returned to Westminster then, most probably. And note he was forced to step down, if it was up to him he'd let the voters decide..

Rishi Sunak is "not opposed to assisted dying".

I like to think this was his answer to the question "So, Rishi, how do you think your election campaign is going?"

• Haha 5

30 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

It's not that Nigel Farage is a racist, it's just that all the racists end up in his party! Reform candidate in Kemi Badenoch's seat forced to step down after previous blog posts stating "Vote BNP"

That's Badenoch returned to Westminster then, most probably. And note he was forced to step down, if it was up to him he'd let the voters decide..

Well he will still be on the ballot so will still take votes but yes that probably secures her re election.

NI seats 

Belfast East is 100% gone to Alliance. Previous Alliance MP for the area and current NI Justice Minister is running and will likely win. Seat is currently held  the DUP Leader Gavin Robinson. 

Unionists losing Lagan Valley would be a big story locally. It's been more or less a safe Unionist seat since it's creation however there was a 17% swimg to Alliance last time out and the outgoing MP is Jeffrey Donaldson who's standing down due to facing a trial on historical sex abuse charges so I expect Alliance to take it when you take those two factors into account. 

A major manifesto launch today: that of Count Binface.

Image.thumb.jpeg.78bcb4f20cb65b7da17e6c326581db91.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Labour boxing themselves in further every day with the seemingly need to rule out anything the Tories criticise them as wanting to do. 

1 hour ago, TQR said:

Fabulous.  I've been campaigning for no. 13 for 25 years.

• Like 1

If I were in the UK #9 would win me Binface's vote.

• Like 1

As soon as the Count Binface Party opens up membership to non-bins, I’m joining.

30 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Reading up more, I had no clue Wallace and Gromit legit saved Wensleydale cheese from the financial brink.

In the 1990s, sales of Wensleydale cheese from the

Wensleydale Creamery had fallen so low that production in Wensleydale itself was at risk of being suspended.[16] The cheese experienced a boost in its popularity after being featured in the Wallace and Gromit clay-animated shorts A Grand Day Out, The Wrong Trousers, and A Close Shave, because of which the company survived. The main character of the series, Wallace, a cheese connoisseur, mentions Wensleydale as a particularly favourite cheese. Animator and creator Nick Park chose it solely because it had a good name that would be interesting to animate the lip sync to rather than due to its origins in northern England where the shorts were set. He was also unaware of the financial difficulties that the company was experiencing.[17] The company contacted Aardman Animations about a licence for a special brand of Wensleydale cheese called, "Wallace and Gromit Wensleydale", which sold well.[18] When the 2005 full-length Wallace and Gromit film, The Curse of the Were-Rabbit, was released, sales of Wensleydale cheeses increased by 23%.[19]

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Reading up more, I had no clue Wallace and Gromit legit saved Wensleydale cheese from the financial brink.

There will get another boost at Christmas when the new special is released then. 

GetVoting.org's tactical votes in all constituencies, based on latest MRP polls, have gone live. There are 181 seats where they make no recommendation (basically where the Tories have no chance).

Check your tactical vote here.

Oh, and the deadline to register to vote is 23:59 TOMORROW.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

#5 is the most critical policy here. If there were only two policies in the manifesto: mandatory death for all citizens, and the reintroduction of Ceefax, I would vote for the party as death would be a small price to pay for the ability to view Ceefax on television again.

• Haha 1

I could wholeheartedly support this manifesto, were it not for item 20. The punishment is way to harsh. Chop their hands off or something instead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TQR said:

There are 181 seats where they make no recommendation (basically where the Tories have no chance)

Sure enough. My seat says "No fucker votes for the Tories in your seat, you jammy bastard. Peace out.". Which is fair enough.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

In a shock to nobody sentient, it turns out Reform's plans laid out in their manifesto are completely fucked.

The IFS:

Reform UK proposes tax cuts that it estimates would cost nearly £90bn per year, and spending increases of £50bn per year. It claims that it would pay for these through £150bn per year of reductions in other spending, covering public services, debt interest and working-age benefits.

This would represent a big cut to the size of the state. Regardless of the pros and cons of shrinking the state, or of any of their specific measures, the package as a whole is problematic. Spending reductions would save less than stated, and the tax cuts would cost more than stated, by a margin of tens of billions of pounds per year. Meanwhile the spending increases would cost more than stated if they are to achieve their objectives …

Even with the extremely optimistic assumptions about how much economic growth would increase, the sums in this manifesto do not add up. Whilst Reform’s manifesto gives a clear sense of priority, a government could only implement parts of this package, or would need to find other ways to help pay for it, which would mean losers not specified.

Dan Neidle, tax expert running a not-for-profit tax policy consultancy:

Reform UK has published its manifesto. They plan tax cuts which they say will cost £70bn; however our analysis shows that they’ve miscalculated, and the actual cost will be at least £93bn.

Reform UK says it will fund these tax costs with £70bn of savings and additional revenue, but it provides few details. Their proposal to change Bank of England reserve rules is over-stated by at least £15bn, and the cost would likely fall on businesses and consumers, not banks.

These two factors mean that Reform UK’s plans have a total unfunded cost of at least £38bn – about twice the unfunded cost of Liz Truss’ ill-fated 2022 “mini-budget”.

We hope other estimates become available soon, but for the moment this is the only currently available estimate of the impact of Reform UK’s proposals. We asked Reform UK for the calculations they had used; they did not respond.

• Facepalm 2

7 hours ago, TQR said:

Blackadder.gif

• Haha 2