25 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Just has a leaflet pushed through the door from reform. The candidate looks like he is one conversation from his head exploding

If I had seen just his picture and asked which party do you think he is standing for it would definitely be Reform

I got a Reform leaflet the other day. The dog started barking his head off like he usually does when post arrives, so I told him to stop. When I saw what had been posted, however, I told him to resume.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

I got a Reform leaflet the other day. The dog started barking his head off like he usually does when post arrives, so I told him to stop. When I saw what had been posted, however, I told him to resume.

20240619_111133.jpg

• Shocked 1

There was an interesting feature in a local newsletter here the other day.  All candidates were asked to answer 15 questions (the last few were Desert Island Discs style)

Candidates are Conservative, Labour, Lib Dem, Green, Reform and two Independents.

There were responses from all of them except .....

..... Reform.

I was interested in Sunak's "buy British" food message yesterday, for which he has been rightly lambasted.

So Sunak's messages so far seem to be:

Don't like foreign food.

Don't like foreign courts.

Don't like foreign events (just the British parts).

Don't like foreign asylum seekers.

Don't like Scotland at the Euros (Unionist who only supports England).

I'll tell you what he does like though.

680,000 foreigners net coming here through legal migration in the past year.

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

The candidate looks like he is one conversation from his head exploding

Alan Brazil is standing for Reform?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Alan Brazil is standing for Reform?

Sitting down for Reform not sure he would manage to stand for long...

• Haha 1

YouGovians were asked on Monday, "Which of these two would make the best PM?"

Starmer: 40%

Davey: 14%

Starmer: 50%

Farage: 25%

Starmer: 41%

Sunak: 21%

Davey: 37%

Farage: 28%

Davey: 32%

Sunak: 26%

Sunak: 38%

Farage: 25%

• Like 1

Almost Touching that Oakshit doesn't think her partner isn't involved in politics to make money......

Sunak clearly aiming more to go viral to help his election chances  while Starmer actually sounds more prime ministerial. .  

Telegraph poll has been extrapolated to suggest Sunak will lose his seat and Tories will drop to 53. And labour would win 516. 

This numbers seem slightly more optimistic for Reform than the Survation ones. The Independent vote in Ashfield came second to Lee Anderson when he was the Conservative candidate but there have been allegations of fraud associated with the grouping he represents so this voting block is significant.

• Like 1

I do not think that the result for the Tories will be below 100 seats

I still think there are a lot of shy Tories out there and there is still room for a Sheffield rally size gaff from Labour  but overall it feels more 1997 than 1992

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Telegraph poll has been extrapolated to suggest Sunak will lose his seat and Tories will drop to 53. And labour would win 516. 

SNP only on 8 sounds a bit off to me. They'll drop seats but don't think they'll drop down that much

44 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

This numbers seem slightly more optimistic for Reform than the Survation ones. The Independent vote in Ashfield came second to Lee Anderson when he was the Conservative candidate but there have been allegations of fraud associated with the grouping he represents so this voting block is significant.

Reform proving to be a bit of a threat to Labour as well as the Tories. Could easily snatch a seat of Labour in Yorkshire it seems. 

33 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I do not think that the result for the Tories will be below 100 seats

I still think there are a lot of shy Tories out there and there is still room for a Sheffield rally size gaff from Labour  but overall it feels more 1997 than 1992

I, too, am still refusing to get too swept up in the hype. 1992 and 2015 both tell us that just because people claim they're not going to vote Tory doesn't mean they actually follow through on it. And the British public time and time again have shown themselves to be political masochists.

• Like 2

One of Sunaks Protection Officers arrested and suspended from duty for placing a bet on the date of the GE

• Shocked 1

24 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

I, too, am still refusing to get too swept up in the hype. 1992 and 2015 both tell us that just because people claim they're not going to vote Tory doesn't mean they actually follow through on it. And the British public time and time again have shown themselves to be political masochists.

Will probably only start to belive it when we get to 10pm on election night and we get to hear Kunnessberg say(begrudgingly) the magic words "The exit poll is predicting a Labour landslide with Sir Keir Starmer leading the Labour Party to it's largest ever election victory. The Conservative Party are on course for their worst election defeat in almost 120 years" :D

• Like 1

This seems to have changed from "Can Labour win" to "How low can the Tories go". I doubt that there's a Shy Tory vote, those too embarassed for the Tories vote Reform.

This is the political world of today. Conservatives either turn Trumpist or they lose (The center-left parties also have the populist problem.).

Maybe the populist party will regularly become the main opposition party, whereas the mainstream center-left and center-right parties are on 1st and 3rd.

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

just because people claim they're not going to vote Tory doesn't mean they actually follow through on it.

Good choice of words there.

• Haha 1