38 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Let's not forget getting to enjoy the sourpuss on Kunnessberg :D

The BBC might need to have a defibrillator and a sick bag on standby for when the Exit Poll is announced for her sake.

YouGov's final MRP projection :

image.png.b9c5d1249a0a07cffa3a9bee4a4380d9.png

Lib Dem opposition is unlikely, but certainly not out of the question.

I also enjoyed this part of the YouGov report about prominent Tories going down (I shall take great pleasure in voting against Tomlinson tomorrow) :

Many prominent Conservatives look likely to lose their seats in the coming contest

Currently the Tory ministers looking set to lose to the Liberal Democrats are:

• Jeremy Hunt, Chancellor (Godalming and Ash)
  • Alex Chalk, Justice Secretary (Cheltenham)
  • Michelle Donelan, Science Secretary (Melksham and Devizes)
  • Gillian Keegan, Education Secretary (Chichester)
  • Michael Tomlinson, Minister of State for Countering Illegal Migration Secretary (Mid Dorset and North Poole)
  • Lucy Frazer, Culture Secretary (Ely and East Cambridgeshire)

The Lib Dems also look likely to take Theresa May’s vacated seat of Maidenhead, David Cameron’s former Witney constituency, Dominic Raab’s former seat of Esher and Walton and Michael Gove’s former seat of Surrey Heath.

Senior Conservatives who are likely to lose their seats to Labour include:

• Grant Shapps, Defence Secretary (Welwyn Hatfield)
  • Mark Harper, Transport Secretary (Forest of Dean)
  • David T C Davies, Wales Secretary (Monmouthshire)
  • Steve Baker, Northern Ireland Minister (Wycombe)
  • Johnny Mercer, Minister of State for Veterans' Affairs (Plymouth Moor View)
  • Penny Mordaunt, Leader of the House (Portsmouth North)
  • Greg Hands, Minister for London and Minister of State for Trade Policy (Chelsea & Fulham)
  • Esther McVey, Minister of State without Portfolio (Tatton)

Our results also show a tight contest in Work and Pensions Secretary Mel Stride's seat of Central Devon, with Labour slightly out in front of the Conservatives, whilst the Basildon and Billericay constituency being contested by Tory chairman Richard Holden's is currently a close Labour-Reform battle.

The impact of Labour is further evident by claiming seats of former prominent Tory figures such as:

• Boris Johnson, former Prime Minister (Uxbridge and South Ruislip)
  • Iain Duncan Smith, former Tory leader (Chingford and Woodford Green)
  • Jacob Rees-Mogg, former Leader of the House of Commons (North East Somerset and Hanham)

There is a close call between the two main parties with Conservatives currently edging a win in former Prime Minister Liz Truss’s seat of South West Norfolk.

Separately, chief whip Simon Hart’s seat of Caerfyrddin is currently leaning towards Plaid Cymru.

22 minutes ago, BuffaloPhil said:

The Lib Dems also look likely to take Theresa May’s vacated seat of Maidenhead, David Cameron’s former Witney constituency, Dominic Raab’s former seat of Esher and Walton and Michael Gove’s former seat of Surrey Heath.

Senior Conservatives who are likely to lose their seats to Labour include:

Due to boundary changes i'm now voting in Maidenhead constituency. The Lib Dem candidate has promoted himself so much that my mum has written an email to his office in praise. We never usually hear from them. We've had 5 or 6 leaflets through the post from him. He's everywhere.

• Like 1

I've only seen 14 Tory election posters throughout the entire campaign, and all of them only appeared in the same empty shop window some time on Monday. The last time this place didn't elect a Tory at a General Election was back in 1906.

9 minutes ago, JQW said:

I've only seen 14 Tory election posters throughout the entire campaign, and all of them only appeared in the same empty shop window some time on Monday. The last time this place didn't elect a Tory at a General Election was back in 1906.

I haven’t seen any.  Oddly enough, I haven't had anybody at the door begging for my vote.   

I can only ever recall having someone knock at the door once during a general election, and that was some young Tory boy many years ago. I simply shut the door in his face.

• Haha 1

In 2019 I gave Stephen Metcalfe rather a detailed description of where he should go.

1 hour ago, JQW said:

Traditionally solid Tory as far as parliament goes around me, Lib Dems and Greens have made local govt inroads. 

Saw a couple of Tory posters yesterday, but loads of Lib Dem and a couple of Labour, incl on a fairly posh house. 

Apparently the parliamentary race is close but expected to remain Tory. 

In 23hrs 56min time, I expect to be laughing my cunt off.

• Like 1

I've had four letters from the Labour lady telling me to ignore the polls, emphasising her family's mining background, etc. I can kind of appreciate how she's not just some Londoner parachuted in from party HQ with no knowledge of the area. Absolutely no letters or flyers from the rest. They might as well not exist. You can even hear the current MP hurriedly packing his bags and heading for the nearest airport.

What I find funny about "nightmare" "the worst is yet to come" "hide your cash under your bed" doomers is the implication that it's been an easy fucking ride 'til now. As though we've breezed past Covid and the war in Ukraine (nothing said about Brexit, Truss, austerity or the rise of food banks; all Tory-made disasters) and everyone's in a great place.

• Like 6

In 2015 and 2019  Labour overestimated how well they were doing so the Tories could be in even worse trouble.

If Mourdant survives and the Tories have less seats than 1997 she must be a strong contender because  she would have survived against the odds. 

Anyone for a bit of Election Day bingo?

Voting will be described as "brisk".

First Tory on BBC post-Exit Poll will be Michael Gove.

5 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Let the meltdowns begin!

Seem to recall Paul Daniels and Frank Bruno threatened to leave the UK if Blair got elected.

That didn't happen so it's all guff. 

Sunak arrives at polling station early. He has the cheek to take the disabled access entry, after promising to cut their benefits if re-elected.

Sunak should remember, you are only entitled to use the disabled access point AFTER you have been knee-capped by the electorate.

• Like 1