Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2025

10 hours ago, MohammadAemmi said:

I don't think so.

I googled the names again and all of them are alive!

I fell into the Google trap myself friend.. I had Donald Elson recently in one of my pools.  Google has his birth year as 1923 says he is 101 years old.  A great poster showed me that he died years ago.. Am grateful he caught it because I apparently would have been waiting an eternity to see a death announcement for him that was never going to come.  Lesson learned to not trust Google on it's own.  Learned to do more research on people to make sure they are living or dead

• Like 1

6 hours ago, livingbygrace said:

I fell into the Google trap myself friend.. I had Donald Elson recently in one of my pools.  Google has his birth year as 1923 says he is 101 years old.  A great poster showed me that he died years ago.. Am grateful he caught it because I apparently would have been waiting an eternity to see a death announcement for him that was never going to come.  Lesson learned to not trust Google on it's own.  Learned to do more research on people to make sure they are living or dead

You mean that all of 'em are dead?

Would you mind putting your sources here, please?

2 hours ago, MohammadAemmi said:

You mean that all of 'em are dead?

Would you mind putting your sources here, please?

I am not the one that sleuth out the information.on their deaths.  I was just commenting that if you rely on Google only sometimes it is not always accurate.

• Like 1

Sensible drops for 2025 DL (at this rate, 22 cannot be carried over)

Dick Van Dyke

Alan Greenspan

Robert Wagner

Mel Brooks

Clint Eastwood
Vanessa Redgrave

Desmond Morris
Gene Hackman

Hans Blix

Julie Walters

Linda Nolan

Louis Farrakhan

Norman Tebbit

Daniel Barenboim

Prunella Scales

Robert Duvall

Brigitte Bardot

Raul Castro

Ted Turner

Buzz Aldrin

Sly Stone

Tom Baker

11 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

Sensible drops for 2025 DL (at this rate, 22 cannot be carried over)

Dick Van Dyke

Alan Greenspan

Robert Wagner

Mel Brooks

Clint Eastwood
Vanessa Redgrave

Desmond Morris
Gene Hackman

Hans Blix

Julie Walters

Linda Nolan

Louis Farrakhan

Norman Tebbit

Daniel Barenboim

Prunella Scales

Robert Duvall

Brigitte Bardot

Raul Castro

Ted Turner

Buzz Aldrin

Sly Stone

Tom Baker

i would definitely keep at least Dyke, Greenspan, and Hackman.

• Like 2

I have to disagree @The Daredevil.

You list a chunk of names that won't be removed till their death (aka become a hit). Most of those could reasonably die any day.

Hackman would be a mistake as a drop for 2025, he looks too decrepit and diminished, personally I don't see him reaching 2026, I wouldn't dare drop Brooks and Greenspan either.

Keeping Hackman, Nolan, Greenspan and Redgrave would also be ideal, but based on all the surviving names and the 22 needed to stay off next year at this rate, those seem the best drops currently.

Brooks and Van Dyke are getting through 2024 fine; not sure about Greenspan. Hackman looks rough but can still be fast on his feet. But with someone like Dick Cheney, it's either this year or next.

13 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

Keeping Hackman, Nolan, Greenspan and Redgrave would also be ideal, but based on all the surviving names and the 22 needed to stay off next year at this rate, those seem the best drops currently.

Brooks and Van Dyke are getting through 2024 fine; not sure about Greenspan. Hackman looks rough but can still be fast on his feet. But with someone like Dick Cheney, it's either this year or next.

i feel like hackman is more likely to die next year than dick cheney though??

3 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

When I see Cheney moving as fast as this, I'll believe it

Hackman seems an early 2026 hit to me; Cheney has been out of the spotlight for years- must be near the end.

Dick Cheney made a few appearances for his daughter recently.

42 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

With respect, I have a feeling when Brooks and DvD die in the next few weeks/months this will be the jinx!

There is a great X account Called Spotted Wimbledon where all the celebs who show up to be in the crowd are recorded 

I am not saying Grace should be considered for 2025 but this is not a great pic

I know it's five years now, but I saw her at a festival pre-pandemic, and I was in the second row, almost within touching distance.  She came right down off the stage to high-five people.

And she looked awesome. Not a scrap of cellulite, either.

Can't really see much of her in that pic.  She's doing a gig at Crystal Palace Bowl on 26 July, and a few other festival dates.  I was hoping she'd turn up among the supports at Hyde Park, in which case I might have bought a ticket, but she didn't.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

There is a great X account Called Spotted Wimbledon where all the celebs who show up to be in the crowd are recorded 

She looks fine. I'd say going from looking 45 to looking 60 would be a bad thing, if that didn't still mean she looks decades younger than her age.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Jesus, I thought that was the guy from The Chase!

• Haha 1

Just now, Clorox Bleachman said:

She looks fine. I'd say going from looking 45 to looking 60 would be a bad thing, if that didn't still mean she looks decades younger than her age.

My first thought was that she looked rough but looking at the picture again she is just being Grace - dressing oddly. Her posture is relaxed.

There were two photos of Rod Laver one where he is sat in the crowd looked hunched but then there was one of him standing and waving where he looked a bit better

1 minute ago, Bibliogryphon said:

My first thought was that she looked rough but looking at the picture again she is just being Grace - dressing oddly. Her posture is relaxed.

There were two photos of Rod Laver one where he is sat in the crowd looked hunched but then there was one of him standing and waving where he looked a bit better

I think we are maybe just used to seeing Grace look bloody ageless and finally there's some small sign of it?

The Biggles hat and sunglasses thing is dressing oddly I'll give you :D.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Rod Laver must be fairly fit to travel from Australia in the first place. 

• Like 1

A deeply troubled man who was treated awfully by the media of his day. Still, at least he gave his name to this banger:

Did an interview for his birthday which was yesterday.

image.png.36b340be022a877b8907c28b9c341d79.png

• Like 2