Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2025

7 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Any other suggestions/predictions/kisses of death Commtech?

Not that I'd like to indulge. Gotta keep those potential uniques to myself for now.

5 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Not that I'd like to indulge. Gotta keep those potential uniques to myself for now.

If you could please suggest Jacob Rees-Mogg it would be most appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

If you could suggest Jacob Rees-Mogg it would be most appreciated.

I would do but, as he's no longer an MP I'd be wiser to suggest Suella Braverman or Nigel Farage.

Or Jimmy Carter, just to see if that's the final push he needs.

• Like 2

Chris Rea would be worth some consideration... been awfully quiet in his direction

So many other notable singers/musicians around 70-80 to consider (Jacques Dutronc, Phil Collins, Rod Stewart, Ronnie Wood, Mick Jagger, Eddy Mitchell, Rick Wakeman etc.).

• Like 1

:(Another one from the wrestling world to watch is Jim Ross, who did an interview with AEW World Champion Swerve Strickland on Wednesday’s Dynamite and looked like Keith Richards warmed up. He’s lost an alarming amount of weight and looks very ill.

IMG_6987.jpeg

Deadpooling dumpster fire of 2025:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13739345/teen-influencer-isabel-veloso-battling-terminal-cancer-pregnant.html

Brazilian influencer Isabel Veloso (3+ million followers) has terminal cancer and only months to live.

She's 18 years old.... and pregnant! So there maybe some space for interpretation of how serious it is.

Edit: My guess: She'll be dead BEFORE 2025.

Edit II: It looks like all her followers are coming from the cancer story. Diagnosis in 2021, Instagram since 2020, no fame before that. So she wouldn't qualify for the DDP in that case.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Deadpooling dumpster fire of 2025:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13739345/teen-influencer-isabel-veloso-battling-terminal-cancer-pregnant.html

Brazilian influencer Isabel Veloso (3+ million followers) has terminal cancer and only months to live.

She's 18 years old.... and pregnant! So there maybe some space for interpretation of how serious it is.

Edit: My guess: She'll be dead BEFORE 2025.

Edit II: It looks like all her followers are coming from the cancer story. Diagnosis in 2021, Instagram since 2020, no fame before that. So she wouldn't qualify for the DDP in that case.

I noticed this yesterday. So is that confirmed she's not DDP-able, because I'll remove her from the shortlist as quickly as she was added.

17 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

I noticed this yesterday. So is that confirmed she's not DDP-able, because I'll remove her from the shortlist as quickly as she was added.

I cant decide that, but I remember a precedent a year ago. Maybe it was Elena Huelva? She crossed the followers threshhold, but we didn't accept her because she was still completely FFBI. 

19 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I cant decide that, but I remember a precedent a year ago. Maybe it was Elena Huelva? She crossed the followers threshhold, but we didn't accept her because she was still completely FFBI. 

https://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/announcement-of-rule-changes-for-2021-ddp/

Guess it depends on point 4. Have they achieved anything of major note since diagnosis?

But 18, pregnant and terminally ill would have fallen under our "dear god no" decision making at the time.

40 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Yeah pretty much. YouTube personalities have got to be someone like a Barczyk who was already highly popular for his reptile videos before the cancer.

bringing back my campaign for Gary Busey to make an appearance on next year’s list as in a recent tiktok he made (august 5th), he looks and sounds absolutely horrible: slurring words, looking frail and disheveled, and you don’t really live that long with a brain injury anyways. huge possibility for 2025 in my eyes.

1 hour ago, jimbean1121 said:

bringing back my campaign for Gary Busey to make an appearance on next year’s list as in a recent tiktok he made (august 5th), he looks and sounds absolutely horrible: slurring words, looking frail and disheveled, and you don’t really live that long with a brain injury anyways. huge possibility for 2025 in my eyes.

I'm surprised Gary's made it as long as he has with the injury and a few overdoses. To be fair, Gary's not been looking that great for a few years now. If he were to suddenly die of a heart attack or stroke, I wouldn't be surprised.

Posted (edited)

Undoubtedly things will change between now and the New Year's Eve chimes but I am going give you my ideal nifty 50 for a potential 2025 list: 1) Jimmy Carter, 2) Jose Mujica, 3) Noam Chomsky, 4) Joanne Woodward, 5) Ethel Kennedy, 6) Franki Valli, 7) Johnnie Walker, 8) Liza Minnelli, 9) Jean Marsh, 10) Geoffrey Boycott, 11) Julie Goodyear, 12) Michael Schumacher, 13) James Whale, 14) Linda Nolan, 15) Tippi Hedren, 16) Jean-Marie Le Pen, 17) Willie Nelson, 18) James Watson, 19) Nigel Starmer-Smith, 20) Alan Greenspan, 21) Esther Rantzen, 22) Stanley Baxter, 23) Imelda Marcos, 24) Josef Fritzl, 25) Prunella Scales, 26) Rex Williams, 27) Sonny Rollins, 28) Sandy Gall, 29) Jim Lovell, 30) Gene Hackman, 31) Roberta Flack, 32) Ted Turner, 33) Michael Tilson Thomas, 34) Ruth Buzzi, 35) Norman Tebbit, 36) Denis Law, 37) Yoko Ono, 38) Warren Buffett, 39) Steve McMichael, 40) June Spencer, 41) Tim Curry, 42) Douglas Hurd, 43) Rupert Murdoch, 44) Katherine Jackson, 45) George Eastham, 46) David Graham, 47) Joan Plowright, 48) Vanessa Redgrave, 49) Tinto Brass, 50) Sidney Cooke 

Edited by Steve
Ammended due to the deaths of Gena Rowlands, Alain Delon and Sven Goran Eriksson
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve said:

Undoubtedly things will change between now and the New Year's Eve chimes but I am going give you my ideal nifty 50 for a potential 2025 list: 1) Jimmy Carter, 2) Sven Goran Eriksson, 3) Noam Chomsky, 4) Joanne Woodward, 5) Ethel Kennedy, 6) Franki Valli, 7) Johnnie Walker, 8) Liza Minnelli, 9) Jean Marsh, 10) Geoffrey Boycott, 11) Julie Goodyear, 12) Michael Schumacher, 13) James Whale, 14) Linda Nolan, 15) Tippi Hedren, 16) Jean-Marie Le Pen, 17) Willie Nelson, 18) James Watson, 19) Nigel Starmer-Smith, 20) Alan Greenspan, 21) Esther Rantzen, 22) Stanley Baxter, 23) Imelda Marcos, 24) Josef Fritzl, 25) Prunella Scales, 26) Rex Williams, 27) Sonny Rollins, 28) Sandy Gall, 29) Jim Lovell, 30) Gene Hackman, 31) Roberta Flack, 32) Ted Turner, 33) Michael Tilson Thomas, 34) Ruth Buzzi, 35) Norman Tebbit, 36) Denis Law, 37) Gena Rowlands, 38) Warren Buffett, 39) Steve McMichael, 40) June Spencer, 41) Tim Curry, 42) Douglas Hurd, 43) Alain Delon, 44) Katherine Jackson, 45) George Eastham, 46) David Graham, 47) Joan Plowright, 48) Vanessa Redgrave, 49) Tinto Brass, 50) Sidney Cooke 

You will have to sub someone for Gena Rowlands already

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, livingbygrace said:

You will have to sub someone for Gena Rowlands already

Indeed @livingbygrace but as I said I expected that there would be changes. My sub in this instance would be Yoko Ono. 

• Like 1

Two other names I am going to put forward: 1) Robert Redford, 89 next year, looks very frail in the face and not a great picture of health and 2) Harvey Keitel, 86 next year and certainly looked elderly and frail in the recent drama series "The Tattooist of Auschwitz" playing the elderly Lali Sokolov

On 19/01/2024 at 19:36, The Immortal said:

About that time for a Medal of Honor recipient update, and especially since they had their annual convention back in November 2023.

In the first pic Roger Donlon (in the wheelchair) continues to embrace being an immortal, attending the convention seemingly with ease despite Parkinson's and a stay in hospice back in August. Jay Vargas (bottom far left) is now using a cane. Barney Barnum (bottom far right) has been frail and using a cane for a while now so nothing new with him. In the second pic, I think that's 97 year old Ralph Puckett in the wheelchair 2nd from the right. Nothing I see of note besides that, though they are an aging bunch.

Honestly at this point I think Jose Rodela who hasn't been seen around in ages because of dementia and heart failure, will go before Donlon or Puckett.

Well this prediction ended up totally wrong, but I found out that Jose Rodela made a public appearance at an NFL halftime event back in 2022 and he can be seen in a wheelchair looking very frail and seemingly clueless as to where he is, which lines up with the source I found claiming he's suffering from dementia. Roger Donlon was in that halftime event too and could still move around so it tells you a lot on how bad Rodela's condition was even back then, and adding heart failure to the mix I can only imagine how much it's worsened now.

I'd like to throw in another possibility in the singer who performs in the video, Lee Greenwood of "God Bless the U.S.A" fame. He's 81 and just retired from performing this year because of health reasons.

3 hours ago, The Immortal said:

I'd like to throw in another possibility in the singer who performs in the video, Lee Greenwood of "God Bless the U.S.A" fame. He's 81 and just retired from performing this year because of health reasons.

Lee Greenwood looked great at the Republican National Convention last month. 

11 hours ago, The Immortal said:

Well this prediction ended up totally wrong, but I found out that Jose Rodela made a public appearance at an NFL halftime event back in 2022 and he can be seen in a wheelchair looking very frail and seemingly clueless as to where he is, which lines up with the source I found claiming he's suffering from dementia. Roger Donlon was in that halftime event too and could still move around so it tells you a lot on how bad Rodela's condition was even back then, and adding heart failure to the mix I can only imagine how much it's worsened now.

Absolutely. I am struck by how some of his counterparts seemed to be in much better condition, despite an age difference of only a few years.

(And, strangely, only 1/2 of the MoH recipients on active duty (who were in the video) wore their uniform. Just a small quirk I found odd. 3 of the 4 are still active to this day - none of them wore their uniforms for this appearance.)

On 22/01/2024 at 15:40, Thatcher said:

Ryne Sandberg, baseball player for the Philadelphia Phillies (1981) and the Chicago Cubs (1982-1994, 1996-1997), receiving treatment for metastatic prostate cancer. 

Ryne Sandberg is now cancer free.

• Like 1

Former Argentinian President (and 3rd wife of Juan Peron)Isabel Peron worthy of consideration surely. Turned 93 this year . Would assume she'd get QO's from the BBC, Guardian etc... 

Just realised I had posted this in the wrong thread last night

2 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Former Argentinian President (and 3rd wife of Juan Peron)Isabel Peron worthy of consideration surely. Turned 93 this year . Would assume she'd get QO's from the BBC, Guardian etc... 

Had no idea she was still alive. That’s an excellent shout. Here she is earlier this year:

https://www.lanacion.com.ar/politica/reparecio-isabel-peron-a-los-93-anos-le-dieron-un-premio-en-espana-nid18032024/

IMG_7632.jpeg

8 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

No question she'll get QO'd. The only question is if the committee would put her on the list!

What about John Howard?