Paul Bearer

Catherine Windsor AKA Kate Middleton

What I didn't really understand is her saying that the treatment was preventative. Does it refer to something other than the form of cancer she already has?

Sometimes they do chemo after they've removed the tumor, so that it doesn't come back. It must be an aggressive kind of tumor.

• Like 1

"We wish health and healing for Kate and the family, and hope they are able to do so privately and in peace", says her lovely brother-in-law and his wife.

Have a Princess of Wales and a reigning monarch ever died in the same year?

18 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

Have a Princess of Wales and a reigning monarch ever died in the same year?

Don't believe so. Closest I think is Princess Charlotte of Wales dying in 1817, 3 years before her grandad King George III who was the reigning monarch at the time. My thoughts on this is that it wont prove to be anything (deathly) serious but i'm wishing her the best

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sadgirldreaming93 said:

What I didn't really understand is her saying that the treatment was preventative. Does it refer to something other than the form of cancer she already has?

I heard Dr. Gupta on CNN suggest it may have been used instead of the term "adjuvant" chemotherapy, meaning alongside the surgery. Probably to make the message more simple. In that case, the tumor was probably removed and the chemo is simply to prevent it from returning, as has already been suggested. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Insane said:

I hate how this thread had to be made but I understand why,  I doubt she will die from this since she’s a royal and probably has the best health care in the whole of Britain maybe besides Charles him self but she has a better chance than Charles because of how young she is.

Steve Jobs died from it and he was richer than the royal family. That said, I hope they caught it early and she makes a full recovery.

• Like 1

What are the chances of her making it into next year list ?

1 minute ago, Arsewipe said:

Steve Jobs died from it and he was richer than the royal family. That said, I hope they caught it early and she makes a full recovery.

Didn't Jobs do "alternative treatments" instead of seeking western medicine?

• Like 3

Just now, Lafaucheuse said:

What are the chances of her making it into next year list ?

Currently I'd say low, it will depend how things progress throughout the year. Same for King Chuck III. Then again I wouldn't put it past the committee.

Just now, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Didn't Jobs do "alternative treatments" instead of seeking western medicine?

Yes, the stupid ****.

• Like 1

I haven't been this shocked by royal news since Diana died.

She doesn't have a family history of cancer, has a privileged life, although bringing its own kind of stress. But to get an abdominal cancer in ones early 40s is seriously unlucky.

The headline on the front page of the Daily Mail reads: "I am well and getting stronger every day... I am going to be OK"

Sarah Vine tomorrow: "For once, she must focus only on herself."

Sarah Vine last week: "Tell us what's going on!"

Mind your own fucking business you talentless rent-a-quote. Amanda Platell can do one too.

• Like 10

48 minutes ago, openviews said:

Surgeon speculates on type of cancer and recent treatment based on what we know so far.

https://www.tmz.com/2024/03/22/kate-middleton-how-cancer-diagnosis-likely-unfolded-doctor-george-crawford/

I've seen another couple of surgeon speculate intestinal or other GI tract cancer could be a possibility, but that's just based on the vague information we have more than anything else.

Factors- she's 42, she's dropped 3 kids, she's never shown any particular health problems before, seems to lead an "active" lifestyle, no known unhealthy habits.Will be getting  absolute best medical treatment available.

Having said that if she's getting chemo we can say that the cancer has either spread or is likely to. And if it's "abdominal/stomach" the current five year survival rate for women in their 40's is apparently about 94%.

So she's got a roughly 6% chance of dying of it, and the first set of factors probably drops that to about 4/5%.

Not worth a bet in my book.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, millwall32 said:

Having said that if she's getting chemo we can say that the cancer has either spread or is likely to.

CNN has now claimed according to an unnamed source that she's been receiving treatment since last month. Just saw it on my TV while flipping between channels a couple of minutes ago.

I'd be very interested in knowing how long William had between hearing about the two cases in the family.

2 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

The headline on the front page of the Daily Mail reads: "I am well and getting stronger every day... I am going to be OK"

Sarah Vine tomorrow: "For once, she must focus only on herself."

Sarah Vine last week: "Tell us what's going on!"

Mind your own fucking business you talentless rent-a-quote. Amanda Platell can do one too.

Wishing her all the best, but this coverage is beyond sycophantic. No wonder these royals act like absolute weirdos when they have the likes of Sarah Vine & Richard Kay writing absolute crap like that. 

• Like 6

I guess it must be stage 2 or stage 3?

On 23/03/2024 at 03:48, Youth in Asia said:

I doubt it would be that advanced, I'd imagine all the main royals would get major check ups every few months.

On 23/03/2024 at 03:48, Youth in Asia said:

Could be stage 1. Sometimes very small cancer is still given preventative chemotherapy.

• Like 1

She may not even have any cancer now.  If she's had an IBD of some sort and they removed part of the bowel, then found cancer cells in it, it may have been confined to that section.

This happened to my mother after having that op to remove a blockage.  Unfortunately the cancer found was a blood cancer and it had already migrated elsewhere.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Toast said:

She may not even have any cancer now.  If she's had an IBD of some sort and they removed part of the bowel, then found cancer cells in it, it may have been confined to that section.

This happened to my mother after having that op to remove a blockage.  Unfortunately the cancer found was a blood cancer and it had already migrated elsewhere.

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom Toast..That is heartbreaking

1 hour ago, livingbygrace said:

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom Toast..That is heartbreaking

Thanks. It was a long time ago.

I hope Catherine is luckier.

Some people online are speculating she's already dead. With a documentary on channel 5 using past tense. Though many fail to realise that it's a documentary made by channel 5. 

https://x.com/Namaste_40/status/1776904206953123901

• Like 1