12 minutes ago, Deadboy999 said:

It's the whore's turn 2024 baby!

Meghan Markle for running mate?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Why not. And Harry as their little bitch boy.

1 hour ago, Toast said:

I’ve  got a bit of a confession here - a couple of months ago I woke up after a film had finished and the pilot episode of Suits was on TV so in my late night on the couch paralysis I watched it - I’m now halfway through season 3 and I think part of the reason is that I’m finding Meghan very easy on the eye.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

That’s an awful take. 

Off topic discussion in the main section is the worst it’s ever been in the 16 years I’ve been on here.

Bold words coming from someone that was around for the Zorders vs Phantom arc.

Just now, Charles De Gaulle said:

Bold words coming from someone that was around for the Zorders vs Phantom arc.

I'm pretty certain he's still here...

This thread can get ta fuck.  Admins as useful as tits on a boar hog.

26 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

This thread can get ta fuck.  Admins as useful as tits on a boar hog.

@Sir Creep, when you get trashed you should put your phone in a time lock safe. If even just for us. 

• Haha 2

Despite my views on this threads existence (or at any rate its location).

The support for Kamala (pronounced comma-la apparently not like Kampala minus the p) is hugely encouraging, maybe she can actually beat that orange, felonious, lying, narcissistic, would be demagogue after all. I fucking hope so.

• Like 5

Aye, I'll confess to having just caught most of that speech

At the very least it's game on. Bring on the first debate, I'm thinking her forensic knowledge of the law and experience in interrogating felons might just find a way to provoke some inappropriate eruption from Trump. At the very least the Democrats may be considering the best triggers to put in her hands to set off someone with Narcissistic Personality Disorder. 

• Like 4

And in this campaign, I promise you, I will proudly put my record against his any day of the week.

As attorney general of California, I took on one of our country’s largest for-profit colleges that was scamming students. Donald Trump ran a for-profit college that scammed students. As a prosecutor, I specialized in cases involving sexual abuse. Well, Trump was found liable for committing sexual abuse.

As attorney general of California, I took on the big Wall Street banks and held them accountable for fraud. Donald Trump was just found guilty of fraud on 34 counts.

Let’s also make no mistake, this campaign is not just about … Donald Trump. This campaign is about who we fight for. This is about who we fight for.

Get at him :shoot:

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Kamala (pronounced comma-la apparently not like Kampala minus the p)

Yes, I'm hearing it more like Pamela (but with a K, obv)

New Reuters/Ipsos polls out today have Harris up on Trump by 4 points (registered voters) in a 3-way race including RFK Jr., and by 2 points in a head-to-head matchup.  Interestingly, it's starting to look like RFK Jr. is actually taking votes away from Trump, not the Democrats, which was the assumption months ago.  It doesn't surprise me, since RFK Jr. is a nutcase.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he drops out of the race and endorses Trump.  In exchange, maybe Trump will give him Fauci's old job.  :D

A useful overview on the BBC of the various major Democratic names in contention for the Vice Presidential nomination if anyone in these parts (particularly the Brits) needs a bit of bio on each person and why they'd be a good pick. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c80ekdwk9zro

The ones who I think are top contention:

• Gavin Newsom - He's survived a vote recently in California and it's safe Democratic seat. My dad has even said that if he was a betting man, he would put a bet on this guy.
  • Josh Shapiro - Pennsylvania is swing state and they need the votes from that state.

While it would be good to see all female team. I don't think Gretchen Whitmer would be it.

Gavin Newsom is not getting VP. They aren’t gonna have two safe blue state Dems on the ticket. If Newsom is VP that is gonna depress turnout cause he’s probably the second worst Democratic governor in the country behind Kathy Hochul

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Gavin Newsom is not getting VP. They aren’t gonna have two safe blue state Dems on the ticket. If Newsom is VP that is gonna depress turnout cause he’s probably the second worst Democratic governor in the country behind Kathy Hochul

They would also be ineligible to pick up California's 54 electoral votes constitutionally if Newsom was on the ticket as VP. Not happening.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

The ones who I think are top contention:

• Gavin Newsom - He's survived a vote recently in California and it's safe Democratic seat. My dad has even said that if he was a betting man, he would put a bet on this guy.
  • Josh Shapiro - Pennsylvania is swing state and they need the votes from that state.

While it would be good to see all female team. I don't think Gretchen Whitmer would be it.

Literally anyone else would be a better pick than these two.

6 minutes ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

https://literallyanybodyelse.com/

It seems that Literally Anybody Else cannot be Kamala Harris' running mate because they are not a Democrat.

The abstract concept of anyone else would be better. Josh Shapiro's positions on School "Choice", Israel-Palestine, and that sexual harassment lawsuit his office settled makes him more of a risk than people realize. And Gavin Newsom is Gavin Newsom.

My hunch is she will win the elections.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, drol said:

My hunch is she will win the elections.

I hope you are right.  

As far as the VP talk, Whitmer and Newsom already leaked to the press that they have no interest in the job (pretty much as soon as it became clear that the Dems were coalescing around Harris), so we can put that to bed.  It's looking like the "short short" list is comprised of Kelly, Cooper, Shapiro, Beshear, and Walz.  Kelly has become the +135 favorite in betting markets.  While the Democrats need to win Pennsylvania and while Shapiro is the popular governor from that state, he probably doesn't check as many boxes as Kelly does.  And both Cooper and Shapiro have a background similar to Harris' as lawyers and former state Attorneys General, so it's quite possible that the campaign will think this is too much overkill.  Kelly's background is different, as a former astronaut, Navy captain and pilot, and now a Senator.  He's seen as a badass of sorts and as a moderate, and he has done well with Latino voters in Arizona, partly because he's not as liberal as much of the Democratic Party is on issues like control of the border.  He's also publicly said he's not in favor of the Green New Deal, and he's advocated for oil drilling as a response to higher gas prices.  And as the husband of former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords, he's a great messenger on gun control issues as well.  He seems like he has the momentum to get the gig, but we'll see what happens.  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, MrWonderful said:

I hope you are right.  

As far as the VP talk, Whitmer and Newsom already leaked to the press that they have no interest in the job (pretty much as soon as it became clear that the Dems were coalescing around Harris), so we can put that to bed.  It's looking like the "short short" list is comprised of Kelly, Cooper, Shapiro, Beshear, and Walz.  Kelly has become the +135 favorite in betting markets.  While the Democrats need to win Pennsylvania and while Shapiro is the popular governor from that state, he probably doesn't check as many boxes as Kelly does.  And both Cooper and Shapiro have a background similar to Harris' as lawyers and former state Attorneys General, so it's quite possible that the campaign will think this is too much overkill.  Kelly's background is different, as a former astronaut, Navy captain and pilot, and now a Senator.  He's seen as a badass of sorts and as a moderate, and he has done well with Latino voters in Arizona, partly because he's not as liberal as much of the Democratic Party is on issues like control of the border.  He's also publicly said he's not in favor of the Green New Deal, and he's advocated for oil drilling as a response to higher gas prices.  And as the husband of former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords, he's a great messenger on gun control issues as well.  He seems like he has the momentum to get the gig, but we'll see what happens.  

I think Mark Kelly is the correct answer, so long as they can figure out the Arizona seat.

Kelly's military experience will embarrass JD Vance's, and possibly cause the GOP to rush to find a replacement for him, which I think we're almost at the point where that's too late, so the Democrats would be smart to stall the naming of their VP candidate until they have to.

51 minutes ago, lilham said:

I think Mark Kelly is the correct answer, so long as they can figure out the Arizona seat.

Kelly's military experience will embarrass JD Vance's, and possibly cause the GOP to rush to find a replacement for him, which I think we're almost at the point where that's too late, so the Democrats would be smart to stall the naming of their VP candidate until they have to.

Arizona has a Democratic governor, so if Kelly becomes VP, she will appoint a Democrat to replace his seat. Then in 2026 there would be another election in order for Kelly’s replacement to be Senator for a full term. 

It’s worth noting that Kelly beat a Republican incumbent for his seat. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mollyafox said:

Arizona has a Democratic governor, so if Kelly becomes VP, she will appoint a Democrat to replace his seat. Then in 2026 there would be another election in order for Kelly’s replacement to be Senator for a full term. 

It’s worth noting that Kelly beat a Republican incumbent for his seat. 

In one of his last public statements, John McCain predicted denocrat control of Arizona in a decade.

Martha McSally managed to lose both senate seats within 24 months instead.

• Like 2

Spoiler

Just to add to the talk of Kelly as the possible VP pick, there's another potential issue in which he might be a great messenger:  IVF.  The Republicans and JD Vance, in particular, have put IVF under assault.  Well, Kelly and his wife, Gabby Giffords, revealed publicly that they were trying to have a child through IVF before she was shot.  Talking about this almost allows him to kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.  It would be like double sympathy points.  

• Like 2