Jimh

Bill Clinton

Clinton lost a lot of weight when he went vegan.

Clinton lost a lot of weight when he went vegan.

That´s only to be expected. There´s nothing wrong with vegan food, but it´s better with a steak on the side.

• Like 5

He just looks like a man that has cum just once to often onto a dress.

I was watching Star Talk today and Bill was the celebrity guest, or whatever, anyway he looks horrible, he talks slow and rough and he looks so old for 69, or was that just the light in the studio, he does not look healthy and he's 69, do I have to say more

I was watching Star Talk today and Bill was the celebrity guest, or whatever, anyway he looks horrible, he talks slow and rough and he looks so old for 69, or was that just the light in the studio, he does not look healthy and he's 69, do I have to say more

There no question that he's a shadow of his former self, but I think we're just shocked by the transformation. He's still very active on Hillary's campaign, in fact he got into a proper row with a guy at one of her events over Benghazi. Still seemed to have some fire in his belly. I'd not expect him to go before Bush Snr and Carter. Think there's a decent chance he'd see out Hillary's 2 terms should she get them too. Not buying all this 'he's doomed'.

i'm not saying he is doomed, just pointing out that looks can deceive, like Bowie, he looked good in December, even better then Clinton and look where he's now, but yeah he'll live and though I'm not even close to be an American I agree that Hilary is a better choice for Murica and the world then Trump (he could be a huge threat - just a point of view of a normal and healthy Middle/South European)

Bill Clinton mentions "the awful legacy of the past 8 years":

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/bill-clinton-awful-legacy-8-years

Afterwards, he explained that he meant the republican Congress (which has only been in republican control for 2 years, and two of those 8 years was in full democratic control).

Or did he forget it was the year 2016?

Bill Clinton mentions "the awful legacy of the past 8 years":

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/bill-clinton-awful-legacy-8-years

Afterwards, he explained that he meant the republican Congress (which has only been in republican control for 2 years, and two of those 8 years was in full democratic control).

Or did he forget it was the year 2016?

I don't think he meant Obama. It makes no sense to diss Obama, he's still hugely popular in the Democratic party. Do I think Bill still has some ill feeling towards Obama over 2008? Yes. Do I think he's so inept a political operator as to make those feelings public like this? No. This is a man who banged an intern, was tried for impeachment and ended up more popular when he finished than when he started.

Congress has been a disaster for 8 years, probably even longer, and the Republicans have held sway in all of them. The Dems should have done more in the early days when they controlled both houses, but even then anything that required 2/3 of the Senate needed Republican support that had to be strong-armed every time (like the stimulus packages when he came into office). Since the Republicans took the House back in 2010 it's disingenuous to suggest that somehow the Dems controlling the Senate mattered. The Speaker decides most legislation and the Republicans made it perfectly clear they weren't prepared to work with Obama on anything. The rise of the Tea Party brought ever more extremist elements into the Capitol and led to Ted Cruz being able to, effectively, single-handedly shutdown the government in 2013. Now we've got to a point where Obama has put forward the nicest Supreme Court nominee a Democratic President could offer a Republican Congress and Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan refuse to hold a hearing with him, let alone confirm him. The last eight years have been wretched legislatively, sadly for Bill, even with his wife in the White House I can't see the next eight being much cheerier.

The old man's probably just going crazy and spitting out lines he crammed into his head for 2008 speeches.

70 today!!!

picture from last week:

3600.jpg?w=300&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

Not even 71, but is arguably in worse shape than Carter is. Looks a bit frail in many recent photos, voice has seemed scratchy for the last few months, and has had quite a history of health problems in the past. Also, George Bush Sr. and Jimmy Carter were both given topics 12 years ago and are still alive, so why not get one started for Mr. Clinton now?

Legit.

Yes, a President with health issues (even if not immediate deaths door ones) should have his own thread. Possibly.

That said, surely Billy has his own thread? Haven't I even posted in it? Or am I going demented...

Just now, msc said:

Yes, a President with health issues (even if not immediate deaths door ones) should have his own thread. Possibly.

That said, surely Billy has his own thread? Haven't I even posted in it? Or am I going demented...

He does have his own thread. 

2 minutes ago, msc said:

I searched on the forums for a thread, but haven't found one.

EDIT: Oh, sorry.

Just now, Joey Russ said:

He does have his own thread. 

Phew! Not going demented! Just mildly insane...

• Like 1

Might be about to have a very stressful week if reports/gossip (delete as appropriate) from the US is true.

Not great for a 73 year old with a history of heart problems.

32 minutes ago, NJD123 said:

Might be about to have a very stressful week if reports/gossip (delete as appropriate) from the US is true.

Not great for a 73 year old with a history of heart problems.

I'm sure Jeffrey Epstein might die in the next few weeks/months if he starts singing even if he doesn't maybe?

I wonder if this Qanon stuff is true and Trump is going after the pedos.

Certainly not Trump:

https://www.haaretz.com/amp/us-news/trump-praised-terrific-guy-epstein-who-likes-women-on-the-younger-side-1.7453257

Also, the current Labor secretary is responsible for letting Epstein go the first time.

But this isn't a partisan issue. Sex trafficking rings are bipartisan - and transatlantic.

Everyone makes the point of Bill Clinton looking older and trash. He looks ten years older than he is, but looking back people have been saying the same things for 15 years in this thread alone. It's tempting to put him on my own personal deathlist but if he dies it'll be quick and unexpected, nothing certain about it. 

He'll probably start being deathlisted more often once Carter dies, but in calm conversation Bill Clinton is lucid, aware and looks better than he does in a crowd. e.g. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MyD0GCOySQ 

George W and Trump, same age as Clinton, both look miles better than Clinton.

I think Clinton's health is an interesting thing that might require a close eye. 

And Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself :) 

Since he'll probably die of a sudden heart attack in his late 70s/early 80s I feel like Clinton will die before he can debut on the DL. Dubya is the only prez not yet on the DL I'd bet money on eventually debuting.

Or he kills himself with two shots to the back of the head