Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

American actress Lynne Marta (Wiki), who appeared in movies like Footloose and Joe Kidd dead at 78

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

American actress Lynne Marta (Wiki), who appeared in movies like Footloose and Joe Kidd dead at 78

David Soul’s ex who dated him through Starsky And Hutch I see. Both gone in a couple of weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 16/04/2023 at 18:20, Lafaucheuse said:

New picture of Tippi Hedren from her daughter insta. Looks great. 

E9B3690F-A0BA-49B1-8037-5395E2B518C3.jpeg

Yesterday from her birthday

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

Yesterday from her birthday

Looks really well and still stylish. Almost regret putting her on my list. I hope She has many more bday to come

1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Looks really well and still stylish. Almost regret putting her on my list. I hope She has many more bday to come

I am with you.  She does look wonderful.  I was thinking she was a possibility for my Death List Cup List.. I think I am going to go with someone else.  Does not look like she will be a great choice.  We dont always get to see these type of updates on people so you dont know just how well or not well they are.  Mind you everyone is due their privacy on their health.  But it makes it difficult sometime to know who might be good candidates for your list.

On 17/01/2024 at 04:22, YoungWillz said:

David Soul’s ex who dated him through Starsky And Hutch I see. Both gone in a couple of weeks. 

Indeed — @Gisooo REALLY buried the lead ffs.  That’s the entire story and it wasn’t mentioned. I’ll attribute the oversight to his malfeasance/nonfeasance of never having read the obit he posted.

46 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Indeed — @Gisooo REALLY buried the lead ffs.  That’s the entire story and it wasn’t mentioned. I’ll attribute the oversight to his malfeasance/nonfeasance of never having read the obit he posted.

What are you talking about???

• Like 1

American actor Pat McNamara (IMDbdead at 90

He appeared in films like The Silence of the Lambs, Fight Club, Instinct and Commandments and TV Shows like All My Children, Law & Order, M*A*S*H etc.

image.thumb.png.0e6ec7f57bee9c5ba56026685b087b2f.png

• Like 9
  • Shocked 2

On 08/01/2022 at 16:14, Ulitzer95 said:

Norman Jewison, who is 96 in July, gives interview about Poitier to The Hollywood Reporter.

I would say there's a fair chance of him being around for a few years yet.

2 years can be a few. I'm still counting this as a correct prediction. :P 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

2 years can be a few. I'm still counting this as a correct prediction. :P 

I had a feeling he'd see triple digits. He wrote this fairly long tribute to Alan Arkin last summer, and he looked pretty good for 97 a few months ago IMO:

hEEhzxT.png

Another failure to consider the fact that not everyone makes it to 100 or is beyond 100 on my part.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, La Tombe said:

RIP to one of the great filmmakers in Hollywood ! 

Moonstruck is one of those absolutely perfect movies.  

5 minutes ago, oldhollywood said:

First big miss of the year?

Honestly despite his stature he’s rarely been talked about anywhere so I’d say no. But there’s always going to be a handful of names that fall under the rug despite their stature. 

11 minutes ago, oldhollywood said:

I argued for him to be put on the list and had him on my own, but I would still say not really. Didn't seem to have any health issues and was still out and about, so would have just been a random old guy (though a fairly prestigious one).

Also, I think the DL committee isn't generally interested in filmmakers outside of the ultra-famous ones. Godard seems like their only recent pick in terms of guys who are really only notable behind the camera. They didn't go for Zeffirelli, Donen, Neame, Lewis Gilbert, Peter Brook, haven't picked Corman, Jodorowsky, etc

13 minutes ago, oldhollywood said:

I'd argue David Soul, we all knew Soul had been in poor health for years. With Jewison, we had no good reason to suspect he was near death.

• Like 1

Bad couple of months for very old people named Norman. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DoltonMoney said:

Still time for Norman Lamont to make it even worse, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DoltonMoney said:

I was hoping Norman Jewison would make it to 100 because some other well-known individuals named Norman as well as someone else well-known who was also involved in the 1967 film "In The Heat of the Night" all made it to at least 100.  In this case, I was also referring to Norman Lear, Norman Lloyd, and Walter Mirisch.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Honestly despite his stature he’s rarely been talked about anywhere so I’d say no. But there’s always going to be a handful of names that fall under the rug despite their stature. 

Maybe not in the UK, but certainly a huge miss for any Canadian themed list.

Jewison was known but not a massive name - he didn’t get any breaking news push notifications from any British media for example. 

• Like 2