Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

http://www.independe...de-9216146.html

Shockingly, an inquest finds that Paul Walker's deadly 90MPH crash caused by......... speed.

Hmphr, grmbl. Speed doesn't kill, acceleration does.

[snip]

regards,

Hein

Surely, it was the deceleration that killed him?

• Like 1

Shockingly, an inquest finds that Paul Walker's deadly 90MPH crash caused by......... speed.

[snip]

regards,

Hein

Or the sign post that said 45...

• Like 1

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/paul-walker-dead-car-crash-that-killed-fast--furious-actor-due-to-speed-not-mechanical-failure-police-conclude-9216146.html

That's weird, I thought coke was the big drug in Hollywood.

It wasn't THAT bad a movie

Meh, deceleration's just acceleration with a negative sign (or, for the Real Nitpickers among us: acceleration with a vector opposite to the direction of movement).

regards,

Hein

Zac Efron was beaten up by a bum in LA's notorious Skid Row.

http://www.huffingto..._n_5041821.html

He claims he was only there because his car happened to run out of fuel there but it's well known as a place to buy drugs and he's been in rehab recently......

Oh, and one DDP entrant has picked Efron - completely co-incidentally, it's "Shame Thatcher Can't Die Twice", a team I just mentioned over in the DDP thread.

Zac Efron was beaten up by a bum in LA's notorious Skid Row.

http://www.huffingto..._n_5041821.html

He claims he was only there because his car happened to run out of fuel there but it's well known as a place to buy drugs and he's been in rehab recently......

Oh, and one DDP entrant has picked Efron - completely co-incidentally, it's "Shame Thatcher Can't Die Twice", a team I just mentioned over in the DDP thread.

You'd think someone with Zac Efron's money would just get his "shiz" delivered, no?

Ambitious Hollywood stars - Some people are confident they'll reach 100, and we shouldn't understimate their will to live. Just a warning for those who want to pick these for DDP 2015.

1. Looks like Marsha Hunt is "still vertical" 4 years later!

2. Said about Irwin Corey in May 2005:

"I used to work in a video store in Manhattan. Irwin came in one night and I was delighted to strike up a conversation with him about the good old days of live tv. We had many great talks about celebrities (He knew them all, past and present) and show biz in general. He even took a picture of me behind the counter which is one of my favorite photos of myself. He once told me that one of his greatest goals is to live to be 100, and by God I think he's going to make it! I hope so, cause he still has a lot of laughs to give the world.He is the "Original Nutty Professor"."

Do we have more examples of this?

Here's my take on the stars from the list:

Luise Rainer: At 103, she's super old and in a 2011 clip, she was in a wheelchair. I think she will die this year, unfortunately.

Norman Lloyd: Since life expectancy for American men is 4 years less than the women, he's sorta the male equivalent of Rainer. Thus making him super old as well. But I think he might live to see 2014. He appeared sharp in a 2011 interview.

Joan Fontaine: Obviously inherited the same awesome longevity genes as sister Olivia, but I haven't seen a recent interview/lclip of her. That's why I think she won't live as long.

Efrem Zimbalist Jr: His dad lived to be 94 and for some reason, I always think that musicians live super long lives. So he won't die this year.

Mickey Rooney: He imitated his old friend Milton Berle by debuting as a child and having an 80+ long career. Miltie died when he was 93; will Mickey imitate that as well? I'm undecided on that one.

Abe Vigoda: Abe is like a video game player; everytime he dies, he presses the PLAY AGAIN button and voila...there he is, still kicking, whether it's The Godfather or Good Burger.

Carol Channing: I think she has the energy to keep on going for quite some time...Well, unless ♫Marry the mole♫ still haunts her in her dreams.

Christopher Lee: He's very active, but I'm afraid he's gonna exhaust himself too much. Also, he's 2 metres which means that his heart has to work even harder which could strain the 90-year old body. Either this or next year, I think he might go. :/

William Schallert: I'd say he's got a couple of years left. He appears to be calm and collected which could work in his advantage. But not too calm either, he's one of the least lazy actors out there. 363 titles to his credit is no walk in the park.

Norman Lear: I don't know much about him to be honest.

Sid Caesar: He looks super old, I'm sorry to say that the comedy television star might pass away this year...

Eva Marie Saint: Now here's a lady that could go all the way to 100. No doubt about it.

Lauren Bacall: Hmm...in 2 years, I think. Just a feeling I have.

Hal Holbrook: I thought he died this year, but turns out that was Milo O'Shea (their eyebrows...). Anyways, he appears to be healthy.

George Kennedy: A bit on the heavier side, and we saw Durning die last year. This time, it might be Kennedy. :(

Dick Van Dyke: Let's make another comparison: Andy Griffith had a successful show in the 60's named after him. Andy died in 2012. Dick Van Dyke had a successful show in the 60's named after him. Will Dick die in 2013? It's about recognizing patterns...

Joyce Randolph: Not that familiar with her...

Looks like my Rooney-Berle theory was true, since both died at 93. Too bad I didn't have him on my DDP team.

Let's hope none of the rest of them die. Just to avoid you quoting that massive fuckin post every time, and bragging about it. :glare::P

Wow, Predictor, you were right. I am so jealous of your predicting abilities. And I'm glad you quoted that massive post because I enjoy reading everything you write. The more text, the merrier. Long live Predictor! :P

Thank you Zorders, you're much too kind. :D

• Like 1

Bloody hell, Bob Hoskins has gone! http://www.abc.net.a...ns-dies/5422482

Well I guess his passing should be in the thread Hollywood Definites as opposed to Hollywood Possibilities... However it was a shock to hear of his passing - he was a great actor - especially in the Long Good Friday.... " 'ave you seen any of my Eric flying past your window..."

I guess he just had his last orders.

Vale Bob!

Hugh Jackman has 2nd cancerous growth removed from his nose.

Did they ever find out the Origins of this growth?

I wouldn't get too worked up over this. An actor often seen in close ups has a basal cell carconoma removed. His life wasn't remotely in danger and some people live with those little growths for years. He's rich and his face is his fortune, and the attendant publicity gets him in the public eye with something approaching a proper story whilst he's promoting a film.

I wouldn't get too worked up over this. An actor often seen in close ups has a basal cell carconoma removed. His life wasn't remotely in danger and some people live with those little growths for years. He's rich and his face is his fortune, and the attendant publicity gets him in the public eye with something approaching a proper story whilst he's promoting a film.

I just thought it worth mentioning as it's the 2nd time he's had a cancerous growth removed.

• Like 1

I just thought it worth mentioning as it's the 2nd time he's had a cancerous growth removed.

I'd do him.

Magoo Gelehrter aka Garou from the Penny Dreadful’s Shilling Shockers show, has died, from cancer.

Gordon Willis

The cinematographer of The Godfather films ,Annie Hall and tons of other movies is dead at 82