Jump to content
Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

“Sees that the scale is at the very end of the fiction scale.”

Yep, looks legit.

I'm wondering if any of the players in my work game will take this bait and play Mr D as their Wildcard..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/11/2017 at 02:13, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Happy Birthday to Hollywood survivor Clu Gulager 89 today :birthday:

Clu Gulager turns 91 today! :birthday:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MGM Studios executive Tomas Davison died Saturday in Miami, just over a year after taking the position of Senior Vice President, International Television Distribution Latin America and U.S. Hispanic. He was 43.  A cause of death is pending.

SC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

MGM Studios executive Tomas Davison died Saturday in Miami, just over a year after taking the position of Senior Vice President, International Television Distribution Latin America and U.S. Hispanic. He was 43.  A cause of death is pending.

SC

Probably suffocated trying to say his title.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad news YoungWillz.  I remember him most from Hannibal Brooks (yes the one with Oliver Reed and the elephant!) and Scrooged which I will be watching again this year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Michael J Pollard, nommed for an Oscar for his turn in Bonnie And Clyde, reportedly dead:  

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0689488/

 

Yes sad - I've had to scroll down his films to find where I remember him from - Roxanne, although I've seen Bonnie and Clyde so will remember him from that too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Michael J Pollard, nommed for an Oscar for his turn in Bonnie And Clyde, reportedly dead:  

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0689488/

Trivia corner - Michael J. Fox added the 'J' to his name as a tribute to Pollard.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

 

Yes sad - I've had to scroll down his films to find where I remember him from - Roxanne, although I've seen Bonnie and Clyde so will remember him from that too.

 

For me, it's his guest appearance on an episode of The Andy Griffith Show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shelley Morrison, an actress with a 50-year career who was best known for playing a memorable maid on “Will and Grace,” has died.

Publicist Lori DeWaal says Morrison died Sunday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles from heart failure. She was 83.

Morrison played Rosario Salazar, a maid from El Salvador, in the original run of “Will and Grace” from 1999 to 2006, becoming part of a cast that won a Screen Actors Guild award for best ensemble in a comedy series.
SC

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dianne Foster, a canadian 1950s actress (91) and Lee Paul from Hawaii five-o (80) have both died according to the SAG AFTRA fall report. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, dean1991 said:

Dianne Foster, a canadian 1950s actress (91) and Lee Paul from Hawaii five-o (80) have both died according to the SAG AFTRA fall report. 

Can you link the page? 

 

BTW actress Doris Merrick has died at 100 according to edits (which seem genuine) on her Wiki page. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Shelley Morrison, an actress with a 50-year career who was best known for playing a memorable maid on “Will and Grace,” has died.

Publicist Lori DeWaal says Morrison died Sunday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles from heart failure. She was 83.

Morrison played Rosario Salazar, a maid from El Salvador, in the original run of “Will and Grace” from 1999 to 2006, becoming part of a cast that won a Screen Actors Guild award for best ensemble in a comedy series.
SC

Surprised she didn't get an increase in DDP attention after not being part of the Will and Grace revival. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few passings I haven't seen covered on here whose announcement was some time after their death:

 

Dianne Foster died in August - http://westernboothill.blogspot.com/2019/12/rip-dianne-foster.html  

I remember her best from her very good performance in Night Passage but her roles were quite varied and extensive - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dianne_Foster

 

Jim McMullan. also in many a Western, also died in the Summer - https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jim-mcmullan-dead-actor-dallas-downhill-racer-was-82-1216178

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to the annual TCM tribute, which should be due between 14th-17th December.

 

Some dead certs for inclusion this year:

 

Carol Channing, Julie Adams, Albert Finney, Jan-Michael Vincent, Morgan Woodward, Luke Perry, Shane Rimmer, Fay McKenzie, John Singleton, Peter Mayhew, Machiko Kyo, Doris Day, Tim Conway, Peggy Stewart, Sylvia Miles, Franco Zeffirelli, Rip Torn, Peter Fonda, Valerie Harper, John Witherspoon 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use