Guest Death List Watcher

George Bush Senior

When goes should the headline be "Read my lips no death taxes"

No. It should say "serves him right for not eating his broccoli".

• Like 1

Sadly I can't figure out how to do a screen snip on this device. I suspect your Twitter timezone might be set to US, Deathray. That's the only explanation I can see.

Maybe if he ate his broccoli he wouldn't have barfed on the Japan PM's lap!

• Like 1

Maybe if he ate his broccoli he wouldn't have barfed on the Japan PM's lap!

That was one of my favourite memories of him. he will be missed

Please don't go before before Friday, in fact please don't go before your 100th birthday. I want you to see your 75th wedding anniversary. I also want you to prove this website wrong. I hope the Queen is better too. If she goes, I'll be really upset. They could both be near death. Every time I come on to this site, I'm scared that zero won't be there any more. I pray for a record low number of deaths.

Please don't go before before Friday, in fact please don't go before your 100th birthday. I want you to see your 75th wedding anniversary. I also want you to prove this website wrong. I hope the Queen is better too. If she goes, I'll be really upset. They could both be near death. Every time I come on to this site, I'm scared that zero won't be there any more. I pray for a record low number of deaths.

I hate to break it to you, but Gord Downie and King Michael of Romania are 100% fucked, so we definitely won't have 0 deaths. Besides, if you want to see a list that got 0 hits, then you can always check out the 1991 list: https://deathlist.net/lists/1991
  • Like 2

8w0u3.jpg

• Like 1

I heard about King Michael. He was a king in the 1920's. He was king before my mother was born, in 1928. It would be a shame to see him go.

• Like 1

He's still intubated. I can't think how anyone can be alert and engaged while intubated.

I suppose the tube could be feeding him cocaine?

I wonder if he dies will they delay announcing his death until after the inauguration can't see them using his death as a chance to upstage Trumps swearing in. If Bush senior goes wonder if it will push Barbara along too, like what happened with Debbie Reynolds .

I wonder if he dies will they delay announcing his death until after the inauguration can't see them using his death as a chance to upstage Trumps swearing in. If Bush senior goes wonder if it will push Barbara along too, like what happened with Debbie Reynolds .

I reckon they would go ahead regardless.If the news was announced during the coverage my guess would be the news networks would just put a flash up line at the bottom of the screen.Having said that the family would probably delay an announcement for a few hours.

• Like 1

They waited two hours to announce Ford's death. They'd wait a few hours so it could be the top story.

Isn't there a couple of studies that suggest some people wait until after a big event to go?

He'll be doing that and go after the inaugaration

I've certainly heard it said people wait to die until they are on their own. But I do question just how much he is aware of the outside world or even things like the time of day. I've sat in a few ICUs in my time and the thing that caught me was there is no difference between daytime and night time. It's all tubes, cables and flashing and beeping 24 hours a day.

I've certainly heard it said people wait to die until they are on their own.

I don't blame them.

So often you see death announcements that so-and-so died "surrounded by their family". I picture them being hunted down and cornered.

• Like 2

In my family people have held on for, certain things then died.Relatives visiting babies being born Birthdays that sort of thing.

I've certainly heard it said people wait to die until they are on their own.

I don't blame them.

So often you see death announcements that so-and-so died "surrounded by their family". I picture them being hunted down and cornered.

I kind of get what you mean. I hate that phrase, but if you phrase it as "with his/her loved ones beside him/her" it seems so much better and means the same thing.

In my family people have held on for, certain things then died.Relatives visiting babies being born Birthdays that sort of thing.

Yeah this is what I meant. This is the article I read on it, very vague but points to the trend of post-New year drawn out goodbyes.

8sxTW4.gif

Update on Bush from his press secretary... Stable in ICU, team going to attempt extubation tomorrow. Mrs Bush seems to be much improved.

Despite the upbeat tone of the update, I still view this as a concern because he's been intubated for over 24 hours now and this is a major thing to overcome for a man as weak as he is.

What kind of weirdo doesn't like broccoli anyway, cauliflower is the satan-child of the vegetable aisle..