Guest IYG

Holiday Thread

I'm going to be gallivanting elsewhere as I'll be pursuing other interests. I'm going to come alive. I hope everyone will behave themselves. I don't have an estimate of when I might return but I can imagine the DDP scoreboard looking much different. I'm sure there will be obituaries galore so most of you will be kept occupied. Enjoy life on every level and take care of yourselves. Be good.

A week, maybe two, tops.

I'm going to be gallivanting elsewhere as I'll be pursuing other interests. I'm going to come alive. I hope everyone will behave themselves. I don't have an estimate of when I might return but I can imagine the DDP scoreboard looking much different. I'm sure there will be obituaries galore so most of you will be kept occupied. Enjoy life on every level and take care of yourselves. Be good.

The knicker drawers of the women of New York are no longer safe.

Hide yer smalls!!

<--- Back yesterday from a weeks skiing in Claviere, Italy. Heavy sunburn but still fit for action. No quality news all week - get back to the airport parked car and look for some news and low and behold Jade has died. Shocked to the core let me tell you.

Once again went to my alma mater to attend their yearly Sun God festival, which basically consists of a day everything that is great about college done almost to excess. Usually I come back from travels to a DL hit, so I guess I was a bit disappointed today to see that there wasn't one, but I can make due with a sunburn (first degree only, as opposed to last year's second degree), a sore throat and a mysterious illness that knocked me out cold for half a day, then left me feeling fine the other half. My brain is even mushier than usual too.

Once again went to my alma mater to attend their yearly Sun God festival, which basically consists of a day everything that is great about college done almost to excess. Usually I come back from travels to a DL hit, so I guess I was a bit disappointed today to see that there wasn't one, but I can make due with a sunburn (first degree only, as opposed to last year's second degree), a sore throat and a mysterious illness that knocked me out cold for half a day, then left me feeling fine the other half. My brain is even mushier than usual too.

Well, I've warmed my hands, breathed on my stethoscope, and I think what you have got there is either a STD, a hangover, or a bit of a cold.

I hope this helps, but I must stress that I am in no way qualified to have a medical opinion.

*scream* Swine Flu! Please tell me you aren't back in Austin where you would be within 500 miles of me and will no doubt spread your horrific plague to my loved ones!

Hope you feel better soon, CP. :banghead:

*scream* Swine Flu! Please tell me you aren't back in Austin where you would be within 500 miles of me and will no doubt spread your horrific plague to my loved ones!

Hope you feel better soon, CP. :banghead:

I am back in Austin, but I'm feeling great now, thanks, except for a slightly irritated (as opposed to sore) throat. I kind of hope that was swine flu so that I can be immune from further outbreaks AND in a position to criticize the hype. :banghead:

National holiday here in the states today; Memorial Day. It's a day we honor those who have died in defense of the country, yet several people have wished me a "Happy Memorial Day." Always struck me as odd.

Off to visit a couple of goats myself and Mrs MPFC have adopted, I may be a couple of days. Might be back just in time to vote on the 5th death thread, you never know....

Well I just got back from three nights' camping at Donington, to watch the Moto GP. It pissed down most of the weekend, the toilets were hell on earth, I pissed in a bucket in the middle of the night, I ate Pot Noodles, I laughed my tits off at the price of Valentino Rossi fleece jackets (74 quid!), I have a blood alcohol content of about 3 gazillion millilitres, and everything I own is now covered in three inches of mud. I've been stung in my eye by an object of unknown origin and now look like Ricky Hatton, and I haven't had a shower since Friday.

I had a brilliant time!

Well I just got back from three nights' camping at Donington, to watch the Moto GP. It pissed down most of the weekend, the toilets were hell on earth, I pissed in a bucket in the middle of the night, I ate Pot Noodles, I laughed my tits off at the price of Valentino Rossi fleece jackets (74 quid!), I have a blood alcohol content of about 3 gazillion millilitres, and everything I own is now covered in three inches of mud. I've been stung in my eye by an object of unknown origin and now look like Ricky Hatton, and I haven't had a shower since Friday.

I had a brilliant time!

:(

I'm going to Cornwall in a minute for a few days. Pasties, ice cream, fudge. Bliss :rolleyes:

Im being dragged off to Cyprus on Wednesday.

So there.

Well I had a lovely week, not least because I now realise I am not the fattest person in the world to wear a swimming costume. There was some true heffers on Looe beach. And we saw a hermaphrodite. Beat that if you can.

Well I had a lovely week, not least because I now realise I am not the fattest person in the world to wear a swimming costume. There was some true heffers on Looe beach. And we saw a hermaphrodite. Beat that if you can.

'Scuse me. I live in Brighton and it was Gay Pride last weekend - I saw things they haven't even give names to yet.

I'd rather not... <_<

Cruising the Med at the end of the month. Starting to look forward to it now! I even got a penguin suit for the 4 dress up nights.

And no, we wont be naked on the other 13 nights

Cruising the Med at the end of the month. Starting to look forward to it now! I even got a penguin suit for the 4 dress up nights.

And no, we wont be naked on the other 13 nights

You lucky, lucky bastard. I hate you. <_<

What is it about Looe?

Just had 4 poor nights sleep in a moth eatten B&B.

Only reason we go, is to see Mrs Rotten's sister.

Will be using a different B&B next time (no sooner than 2 years hense).

"Laugh" of the holiday was the family that runs the large fair ride - mother, somewhat of a shambles, being shouted at by her 2 young lads, (with their trousers and pants hanging so low all their butts were on show) calling her a fat sl@g at the top of there voices. And she was no heffer I'll let you know!

What is it about Looe?

"Laugh" of the holiday was the family that runs the large fair ride - mother, somewhat of a shambles, being shouted at by her 2 young lads, (with their trousers and pants hanging so low all their butts were on show) calling her a fat sl@g at the top of there voices. And she was no heffer I'll let you know!

I was in Looe last week! It was lovely, was definitely full of heffers though, I was the slimmest person there and that's saying summat!

What is it about Looe?

I was in Looe last week! It was lovely, was definitely full of heffers though, I was the slimmest person there and that's saying summat!

Interesting. We spell it heifer. :)

This afternoon, I will be on a flight to Florida and I am looking forward to a week of great weather, enjoying the beach, doing some snorkeling and scuba diving <_<

This afternoon, I will be on a flight to Florida and I am looking forward to a week of great weather, enjoying the beach, doing some snorkeling and scuba diving <_<

Enjoy!!!

On Tuesday, I'll be climbing aboard a boat/ship/liner/ferry/whatever to do a Med cruise.

ROAD TRIP!

Not sure it's a holiday - actually I'm sure it's not - but in the morning the hubby and I are heading on our semi-annual trip to Putnam, Oklahoma to check on his father's grave. The only really great thing about this trip is that I get to go to Clinton, Oklahoma, which has a terrific Route 66 museum where I regularly buy tacky tchotchkes for my house.

Five hours up there and five hours back - unless there's an overturned 18-wheeler, in which case it's anyone's guess.

G'Day British forumers.

I'm coming to England in early Feb next year for about three weeks, it is not so much a holiday as it is a vacation. Although I have business in London I should have a few free days to explore your wonderful city, having never been to London, before traveling to Devon for 2 weeks.

The people I'm staying with in London have asked me to compile a list of sights to visit while I'm there, so if there are any Londoners in the forum who could recommend places off the tourist track, preferably pubs and/or taverns, it would be much appreciated.

Places so far:

"The Buck House" - referred to by my English mate, I initially thought it to be a popular house of ill-repute (or a brothel or something!) only to realize that he meant the residence of the Queen, God bless her.

The Naval Museum - I hope I can stomach it.

The Eye - It'll be good to ride one that actually works and doesn't have the potential to kill you!