Guest IYG

Holiday Thread

I was on a week long field trip in the Bieszczady Mountains of Poland, near the borders with Ukraine and Slovakia.

• Like 1

Off to Tenerife for a week tomorrow. First trip abroad in five years so looking forward to it...

Welcome back. Hope you had a lovely time.

• Like 1

Back fro Hawaii, Honolulu is a bit of a concrete jungle but the rest of the island is OK, particularly the North Shore.

I fell in love with Big Island though, the sheer destructive beauty of the lava flows on the island took my breath away.

I'm going on my travels and will be offline for a while. Hopefully back in the early summer. Take care.

DDT

• Like 3

I've decided against it, but if anyone else is interested, a time travelling opportunity is currently advertised on Gumtree.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/travel-travel-partners/time-machine-travel-companion/1119593180

I'm going on my travels and will be offline for a while. Hopefully back in the early summer. Take care.

DDT

wut.gif

Change of mind then :sherlock: ....

• Like 2

Going back to December 24th and making sure that Sadhana's central heating is turned on properly and she's got some nice chicken soup for Xmas dinner?

• Like 1

I'm not going until Saturday, so there'll be the June update this week...

Ah, well it will be well deserved when it comes. ^_^

I will be on a 2 week vacation with my family in about 3 weeks to Florida. I can't wait. :champagne:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

I will be on a 2 week vacation with my family in about 3 weeks to Florida. I can't wait. :champagne:

Neither can we :P

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Have fun Joey.  Hope you have access to AC!

I'll be in Poland for just over a month.

Flying from Chicago O'Hare to Frankfurt tonight at 10:35PM. 

I'll arrive in Frankfurt tomorrow around 2:00PM local time. Then a couple hours of waiting, and a flight to Krakow, landing around 6:00PM. I'll probably get to my grandma's town at 7:30PM.

So, subtracting the 7 hour time difference, about a 14 hour journey.

• Like 1

Have fun in Poland. :) 

• Like 1

I'll be in Poland next weekend! In Poznan.

• Like 1

Enjoy your break Radguy!

• Like 1

RadGuy has travelled nearly 5000 km so far. He's still above the Atlantic Ocean but closing in on Ireland.

• Like 1

Oy folks, I've made it to Frankfurt!

I must say, this airport is really confusing. When we left the plane,  we had to make a couple of turns, walk thru a long hallway, some more turns, walk thru a mall, take the elevator down a floor, walk thru a seemingly never ending hallway, make a right, walk thru another hallway and another mall, and then walk thru one more hallway.

You might have thought we got lost, but we were literally following the signs...

Anyways, my flight to Kraków is in about an hour. Once I get to Poland, I probably won't be very active, at least for the first couple days. You're welcome :P 

15 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Have fun in Poland. :) 

Thank you, Joey.

15 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Enjoy your break Radguy!

Thank you, YW.

15 hours ago, gcreptile said:

I'll be in Poland next weekend! In Poznan.

I've actually never been to Poznań. But it seems like a clean, westernized city. Whether you're going for business or leisure, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

3 hours ago, Predictor said:

RadGuy has travelled nearly 5000 km so far. He's still above the Atlantic Ocean but closing in on Ireland.

Ha, I was just about to say how it's a shame Cat O'Falk ain't here to track our flights.

But I'm glad that you've taken up the responsibility. :salute:

• Like 3

Speaking of Holidays, happy 4th of July Americans, (aka the reason why the British hate us). :party:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

Speaking of Holidays, happy 4th of July Americans, (aka the reason why the British hate us). :party:

I think you have over estimated the importance of that date to us...

And I've made it to Poland!

Got to gramma's house an hour ago, walked thru the woods with her dog. Now it's time for a hot shower, and to make up my lost sleep - ain't slept a wink in 30+ hours cause I can't fall asleep on planes.

Scratch what I said about not visiting as often. I think I'll find the time to pop in a couple times a day.

But one thing I'll have to get used to is the forum activity time zone difference.

Back in North America, the forum was active in the morning, very active in the afternoon, and almost deserted in the evenings.

Now that I'm in Europe it'll be pretty active all day for me as most members are Europeans.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I think you have over estimated the importance of that date to us...

It is a very important date to me. Yesterday was my daughter's 21st Birthday

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

It is a very important date to me. Yesterday was my daughter's 21st Birthday

Ah, happy birthday to her. Hope she had a good one. :)

• Like 1

On 7/4/2017 at 21:21, RadGuy said:

And I've made it to Poland!

Got to gramma's house an hour ago, walked thru the woods with her dog. Now it's time for a hot shower, and to make up my lost sleep - ain't slept a wink in 30+ hours cause I can't fall asleep on planes.

Scratch what I said about not visiting as often. I think I'll find the time to pop in a couple times a day.

But one thing I'll have to get used to is the forum activity time zone difference.

Back in North America, the forum was active in the morning, very active in the afternoon, and almost deserted in the evenings.

Now that I'm in Europe it'll be pretty active all day for me as most members are Europeans.

Have a great trip. Hope you can visit Krakow. Also if you can make it to Prague in the Chech (sp.) Republic you should like it there too. Wonderful you can visit your grandmother! 

• Like 1