Guest IYG

Holiday Thread

Appropriately enough for Deathlist, I'm going somewhere Dour this weekend.

Yes, and where exactly are you going? The link isn't providing.

Anubis's post deleted, Tried to repair it, but no luck. You'll just have to keep guessing like the rest of us Banshees.

Here perhaps?

• Like 1

Appropriately enough for Deathlist, I'm going somewhere Dour this weekend.

Yes, and where exactly are you going? The link isn't providing.

Anubis's post deleted, Tried to repair it, but no luck. You'll just have to keep guessing like the rest of us Banshees.

Here perhaps?

Cheers DttG, I can see what happened now.

Reet, I'm clocking off for a fortnight.

Go well!

I'm in sunny Port Hedland on sunny Western Australia's sunny northern shores.

l629b.jpg

Very warm, lots of very well paid miners, lots of not much to do.

While I believe it's poor form to quote oneself, I'd like to announce that I've moved to Port Hedland on sunny Western Australia's sunny northern shores. I'm now a very warm, well paid iron ore miner and nothing's changed since May, there's lots (and lots and lots) of not much to do.

Just came back from 2 months in Edmonton, although it wasn't really a holiday, since I was working.

Out of the actual fun things I did, I guess that Body Worlds was the most relevant here - Wikipedia gives a good summary, but the exhibit is essentially individuals who have donated their bodies to the program to have them go through a process called "plastination" to prevent them from decaying. Then, the good doctor chops them up - sometimes into small pieces to show how different organs/body slices work and effect the body, other times into full body molds to show systems in their entirety.

A lot of people were grossed out but for me, maybe as a DLer, they didn't look very real at all, so the "this was a real person" factor just wasn't there for me (I'm not suggesting that they're not real, just commenting). The one part I liked was the different stations where you got to actually hold the organs (most relevantly for myself, the liver :birthday:) and body slices - they don't look real, but they sure feel it. It WAS interesting though - probably the first time that I went to a museum and really looked at everything without getting bored since the time they had the "spiders" exhibit at the Royal Ontario Museum when I was a kid. I highly recommend it, if for nothing else than to say that you saw it, although I'm sure most everyone here would be interested in it at some level.

I saw Body Worlds #1, which is in Edmonton until October. For those of you not living in Canada, #2 is in Baltimore until September, #3 is in L.A. until September, #4 is in Manchester until mid-August, when it moves to Brussels until 2009 and #5 will be having its grand debut in London on October 24.

Just came back from 2 months in Edmonton, although it wasn't really a holiday, since I was working.

Are you back in Austin just in time for temperatures to top 100F? Bad planning, that man.

Are you back in Austin just in time for temperatures to top 100F? Bad planning, that man.

Didn't have much of a choice really - had to move out of this apartment by the end of today and can't move into the next one until August 20 - so to minimize storage costs, had to do my moving out at the last minute. I'm going somewhere much cooler (Well, temperature speaking) afterwards until the 19th, so I'll bypass a good two weeks of this.

Bloody stingy bastards too - even though I'm living in the same apartment complex, I didn't get the same room because I had to confirm it in October of last year if I wanted to stay in the same place... and who knows one month into living in the place whether or not they'll be able to stay there for the NEXT year? So between the two apartments, I'll be staying in Room 101.

I'm going on my summer hols to Turkey on Sunday for two weeks. I've never been there before but it's jolly hot at the moment, and it's all inclusive, so I will come back looking like Mr Blobby. Fat and pink.

I'm going on my summer hols to Turkey on Sunday for two weeks. I've never been there before but it's jolly hot at the moment, and it's all inclusive, so I will come back looking like Mr Blobby. Fat and pink.

Have a fantastic time

Didn't have much of a choice really - had to move out of this apartment by the end of today and can't move into the next one until August 20 - so to minimize storage costs, had to do my moving out at the last minute. I'm going somewhere much cooler (Well, temperature speaking) afterwards until the 19th, so I'll bypass a good two weeks of this.

Bloody stingy bastards too - even though I'm living in the same apartment complex, I didn't get the same room because I had to confirm it in October of last year if I wanted to stay in the same place... and who knows one month into living in the place whether or not they'll be able to stay there for the NEXT year? So between the two apartments, I'll be staying in Room 101.

About five minutes after I wrote this, the head office called and said that I could keep the apartment... for a lot of reasons I decided to take the offer, but I had to move the about 75% of my stuff back IN to the apartment. :rip: Still, I suppose I shouldn't complain...

Still, I suppose I shouldn't complain...

I suppose you shouldn't.....but, thanks anyhow. :skill2:

Off on holiday for a week (or just under) to Prague.

By God, do I need a holiday too. Chance to get away from crap & worry.. I hope.

Have a good week all & see ya next week.

How was Turkey, LB? Bootiful?

How was Turkey, LB? Bootiful?

It was very hot. I spent much time sat by the pool under a tree drinking beer. It wasn't a particularly active holiday, more a nice relaxing do nothing and ponder my life holiday. I saw Ian Botham at Bristol Airport and a chain of shops called Arcelik.

As LB has demonstrated, travel broadens the mind.

Those doubtful about the Arcelik brand click here.

S'cuse the pun, but some of the stuff they make is crap!

Not exactly going on holiday, but my parents are here for 2 weeks from tomorrow, so I'll barely be online during that time.

Not exactly going on holiday, but my parents are here for 2 weeks from tomorrow, so I'll barely be online during that time.

Are you worried about them looking over your shoulder? Everyone I know knows I'm a deathlister. They all think I'm a bit odd. But then they did anyway. I try to tell them deathlisting is good n'wholesome but for some reason they just don't buy it.

Are you worried about them looking over your shoulder? Everyone I know knows I'm a deathlister. They all think I'm a bit odd. But then they did anyway. I try to tell them deathlisting is good n'wholesome but for some reason they just don't buy it.

nah not bothered about that both my parents participate in our annual dead pool. I just have to chauffeur them around for the next two weeks

From that Wiki page

'The company is controlled by Koç Holding, one of Turkey’s largest and most prestigious groups'

:rip:

From that Wiki page

'The company is controlled by Koç Holding, one of Turkey’s largest and most prestigious groups'

:o

And from the Koc link

'Vehbi Koç, a firm believer in the corporate spirit, handed his position as chairman of the board over to his son Rahmi M. Koç in 1984. Rahmi Koç retired on 4 April 2003 and handed his position over to his eldest son Mustafa V. Koç. Mustafa Koç commemorates holding Koç for 5 years now and does so with great pride.

:rip:

And from the Koc link

'Vehbi Koç, a firm believer in the corporate spirit, handed his position as chairman of the board over to his son Rahmi M. Koç in 1984. Rahmi Koç retired on 4 April 2003 and handed his position over to his eldest son Mustafa V. Koç. Mustafa Koç commemorates holding Koç for 5 years now and does so with great pride.

I can't see any HARD evidence, but is it possible this lot have perfect command of English and they're doing this deliberately?

Just arrived back from Portugal ( Albufiera ).

I am afraid to say, it was w*nk.

Never again.

WTF is BS? Taking a lengthy holiday, or what?

BS has been skulking hereabouts, cunningly disguised as different posters. You don't have to strain yourself to spot them. I'm sure you can work out which ones.

BS has been skulking hereabouts, cunningly disguised as different posters. You don't have to strain yourself to spot them. I'm sure you can work out which ones.

That sounds like a double-bluff.....are you BS after all, Honez?

(I'll get me coat.) ;)