Lady Die

Plane, Train And Automobile Crashes

A hot air balloon crash in central Texas on Saturday appeared to kill all 16 of the balloon's passengers, the Associated Press reports.

Federal Aviation Administration spokesperson Lynn Lunsford told the AP that the balloon caught fire and crashed into a pasture near Lockhart, Texas, around 7:40 a.m.

​This is exactly how Sir Creep's uncle died and almost the same vicinity. Not good. Condolences to all the families.

​SC

I've been waiting for this moment. You castigated me for posting the Nice, France terrorist attack in the Terrorists & Topical Terrorist Targets thread; since when has a hot air balloon been a plane?

I'm still awaiting an answer to this question by the way.

https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/2945-terrorists-topical-terrorist-targets/page-29#entry271669

You were rightly castigated because we have a thread specifically for terrorist attacks vs the one for terrorists.

​I think hot air balloon fit nicely in a category about flying machines or machines of transportation. Unlike your castigation (I think I just like saying that word), I don't have a 'hot air balloons' thread. Did you want me to put it in Deaths of 2016. I suppose that is a fair catch-all. Otherwise I see no other thread to which it fairly or logically belongs. But I accept my fate. Take me to the stockade where I belong :referee:

​SC

This one is heartbreaking. Ettore Bugatti built a one-off airplane. The 100P was drop-dead gorgious!! It was built just before WW2 and because of that never took to the skies. It ended up in a museum.

article-2569407-1BE01A3900000578-277_634

To prove the concept ws working a 1:1 replica was made, although a different power plant was used. The plane flew, twice. Today it took off for the third time. After that it was destined to go to a museum as well. It was not meant to be. The plane climbed sharply and banked suddenly. The impact was nose down and it's creator died on impact. I'm quite sad actually. This beauty was lost in the fire.

http://kfor.com/2016/08/06/historic-replica-airplane-the-bugatti-100p-crashes-near-burns-flat-pilot-and-designer-scotty-wilson-dies/

• Like 1

This one is heartbreaking. Ettore Bugatti built a one-off airplane. The 100P was drop-dead gorgious!! It was built just before WW2 and because of that never took to the skies. It ended up in a museum.

article-2569407-1BE01A3900000578-277_634

To prove the concept ws working a 1:1 replica was made, although a different power plant was used. The plane flew, twice. Today it took off for the third time. After that it was destined to go to a museum as well. It was not meant to be. The plane climbed sharply and banked suddenly. The impact was nose down and it's creator died on impact. I'm quite sad actually. This beauty was lost in the fire.

http://kfor.com/2016/08/06/historic-replica-airplane-the-bugatti-100p-crashes-near-burns-flat-pilot-and-designer-scotty-wilson-dies/

Only real aviators/aviatrices dare to fly tail-draggers. R.I.P. sir. :salute:

So let's review the past few days:
​We lost an Ice Road Trucker in a plane accident;

We lost a member of the Air Force in a car accident.

​Stick to what you know.

Former Air Force star Dee Dowis, who set an NCAA career rushing record for quarterbacks and finished sixth in Heisman Trophy voting in 1989, was killed in an automobile accident in suburban Atlanta on Monday morning. Gwinnett County (Georgia) Police confirmed that Dowis, 48, was killed in a two-car accident on Interstate 85 around 5 a.m. ET. Dowis lived in South Carolina and worked as a pharmaceutical salesman.

SirC

Kinda local Michigan news, but a good excuse to add to this thread.

Governor Snyder has announced the death of State Representative Peter Pettalia. Pettalia was from Presque Isle. The Gongwer News Service is reporting he died in a motorcycle accident. Snyder announced his death in a series of tweets.

SC

http://www.wxyz.com/news/state-representative-peter-pettalia-from-presque-isle-dies-in-motorcycle-accident

Look who got axed from this series:

Gabe Rygaard, known for appearing on the History reality series Ax Men, was killed in a car accident on Friday in Washington. He was 45.

Rygaards Ford Bronco was one of three vehicles involved in the crash, which occurred just outside Rygaards hometown of Port Angeles, Wash. The six passengers in the other two cars sustained minor injuries; all were treated at the scene and released.

SC

http://tvline.com/2016/09/17/gabe-rygaard-dead-ax-men-star-dies-car-accident/?ref=yfp

Gabe Rygaard, known for appearing on the History reality series Ax Men, was killed in a car accident on Friday in Washington. He was 45.

Rygaards Ford Bronco was one of three vehicles involved in the crash, which occurred just outside Rygaards hometown of Port Angeles, Wash. The six passengers in the other two cars sustained minor injuries; all were treated at the scene and released.

SC

http://tvline.com/2016/09/17/gabe-rygaard-dead-ax-men-star-dies-car-accident/?ref=yfp

Is that the same Gabe Rygaard Rocky told us about yesterday?

https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/8629-the-dead-of-2016/page-55#entry276315

SChttp://tvline.com/2016/09/17/gabe-rygaard-dead-ax-men-star-dies-car-accident/?ref=yfp

Is that the same Gabe Rygaard Rocky told us about yesterday?

https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/8629-the-dead-of-2016/page-55#entry276315

Nope.

• Like 1

BBC reporting commuter train crash in New Jersey. Critically injured. Horrific.

httBBr5KbJ.msn.com/en-ie/news/world/one-dead-and-dozens-injured-after-train-crashes-into-new-jersey-station/ar-BBwMUpf?li=BBr5KbJ

Crash has claimed a life.

Meh.

Live where you work - work where you live.

Commute if you're a prick.

Plane carrying Chapecoense to Medellin for a game v National has gone down.

Finalists of the SudAmericana Championship, this will be their Munich.

• Like 2

Plane carrying Chapecoense to Medellin for a game v National has gone down.

Finalists of the SudAmericana Championship, this will be their Munich.

Damn nigga I thought I had this one for sure and damned if Charon isn't on top of the news wire late nite. Or early morning as it were.

This may be their Munich, but Munich had their Dayton Flyers.

SC

Death doesn't work a nine to five SC.

• Like 2

Three of the survivors are footballers . Danilo , Jackson follmann and alan ruschel. Though Ruschel is apparently in a bad state. Ruschel and Danilo were sitting next to each other as well .

Great circle distance between Santa Cruz and Medellin is 1,839 miles.

Range of Avro RJ85 is 1,841 miles.

Reports of no fire at the crash site.

:sherlock:

• Like 1

So not electrical problems..electrics not working as nothing to power 'em , eh Cat?

So not electrical problems..electrics not working as nothing to power 'em , eh Cat?

It wouldn't surprise me if the only electrical power available came from a ram air turbine.

We're all a bit detached on here, you have to be to have this is a hobby, but I must admit I shed a tear looking at this photograph of the Chapecoense players who didn't travel for the cup final.

Cya_l8zWQAADLyU.jpgCya_lZCWQAACfIa.jpg

• Like 3

National told the authorities to give them the trophy..

Cleber Santana, who appears to be one of the dead, is one of the few people I can think of who has scored a winning goal against Barcelona and Real Madrid in the same week, back during a spell at Mallorca about a decade ago.

• Like 1