Guest KateS

Margaret Thatcher

and this from the Kitchens of Distinction

"Margaret's Injection"

Ah, a sweet lyrical morsel indeed.

And proof, if ever it was needed, that there is always a silver lining.

It does raise the question of where they will stick her when the time comes. Is there a plot? Westminster Abbey, possibly? Maybe she's thought of this and put her name down for the local crem. Burial in the open is tricky. When they did that with Oliver Cromwell, people dug him up and put his head on a spike. I'm sure they'd be able to find a spike at what remains of Orgreave.

Denis was cremated, so perhaps she'll do the same.

Oliver Cromwell was buried in Westminster Abbey. Charles II just decided to dig him up from there and execute him...posthumously.

It does raise the question of where they will stick her when the time comes. Is there a plot? Westminster Abbey, possibly? Maybe she's thought of this and put her name down for the local crem. Burial in the open is tricky. When they did that with Oliver Cromwell, people dug him up and put his head on a spike. I'm sure they'd be able to find a spike at what remains of Orgreave.

If I had a say in such matters I'd feed her corpse to the dogs, if the dogs would eat it.

regards,

Hein

If I had a say in such matters I'd feed her corpse to the dogs, if the dogs would eat it.

regards,

Hein

That reminds me of something I was think about the other day (off topic alert ;) ) regarding the Queen's Corgies. I have a dog - just the one - and am always in the garden clearing up its shit. It got me wondering whether the Queen ever clears up her dogs' shit. Our dog shits in the garden at least once a day, sometimes twice a day. So that means her maj's dogs must be laying as much as a dozen shit piles every day. OK, I would guess that the royal dog walker clears up most of them but the Queen must have done her share, surely. I mean, if she were walking the dogs by herself and one of them squatted, she wouldn't just ignore it would she. She'd have a poo bag in her jacket wouldn't she? I'd like to think so.

Edit: reflecting on this post I have reservations about its its suitability. Perhaps a kind mod would transfer it to QEII thread where any discussion of the Queen's dog poo would not interrupt the learned discourse on Lady Thatcher's funeral options.

regards,

Hein

Not to my dogs...they only eat super premium stuff, thank you very much.

She looks as lovely and fragrant as ever (albeit smelling of piss). Long may she reign. ^_^

She looks as lovely and fragrant as ever (albeit smelling of piss). Long may she reign. ^_^

I should perhaps point out that the gentleman standing beside her in the picture is the Prime Minister.

Mrs. Thatcher's reign ended 20 years ago.

(Speaking of which, do you think the Royal Mint would commission a commemorative coin to mark the anniversary of her fall from power, or should we start the campaign for the 25th anniversary now?)

At least she'll die a happy woman.

David Cameron continues the War on Free School Milk.

You know, the next thing they're going to do is buy up all the utilities, then sell them off again and then recreate the coal industry, then destroy it again...

At least she'll die a happy woman.

David Cameron continues the War on Free School Milk.

You know, the next thing they're going to do is buy up all the utilities, then sell them off again and then recreate the coal industry, then destroy it again...

The best thing they can do is to re-nationalise the utility industries, gas and electricity. It's A LICENCE TO PRINT MONEY .

:)

Damn! Every time I see this thread pop up my heart skips a beat as I think the old bag's gasped her last.

Never mind.

Patience. Keep the champagne on ice...

Exactly. Every day brings her demise one day closer.

And what a day it will be.

regards,

Hein

Exactly. Every day brings her demise one day closer.

And what a day it will be.

regards,

Hein

When she finally shuffles off her mortal coil it'll be celebrations all round!!! But her demise will not be without a downside either, imagine all the air time terrestrial TV will dedicate to her-favourite programmes will be re-scheduled in order that 'The Long Walk to Finchley' can be aired as a tribute to the 'Iron Lady'!!

Yeah, but it's on days like those you remember why the telly turns OFF as well as on.

Yeah, but it's on days like those you remember why the telly turns OFF as well as on.

Besides, general celebration and serious drinking will see to it that most people won't be at home watching the box. That, and the dancing on her grave.

regards

Besides, general celebration and serious drinking will see to it that most people won't be at home watching the box. That, and the dancing on her grave.

regards

Best dust off my dancing shoes then-haven't worn them since Jade Goody's funeral!!!

When she finally shuffles off her mortal coil it'll be celebrations all round!!! But her demise will not be without a downside either, imagine all the air time terrestrial TV will dedicate to her-favourite programmes will be re-scheduled in order that 'The Long Walk to Finchley' can be aired as a tribute to the 'Iron Lady'!!

Not gonna front: Maggie in "The Long Walk To Finchley" is an all-time guiltwank classic:

1213300800-650076-TheLongW-12124865990.jpg

I really think that she should have treated herself to a new hairdo, it's not as if she's got all the time in the world in which to do so,is it?

I really think that she should have treated herself to a new hairdo, it's not as if she's got all the time in the world in which to do so,is it?

She can't. It's all part of the reptilian bodysuit she was given when she hatched.

It's looking like it might need a bit of a dry clean, iron and refit now as it's getting a bit saggy.

She can't. It's all part of the reptilian bodysuit she was given when she hatched.

It's looking like it might need a bit of a dry clean, iron and refit now as it's getting a bit saggy.

So, David Icke was right all along, then? :unsure:

My sister saw David Icke at Longleat once. I think she said he was having a domestic with his partner while taking the tour of the house. Or I might have made that bit up. Either way , he's a cock.

My sister saw David Icke at Longleat once. I think she said he was having a domestic with his partner while taking the tour of the house. Or I might have made that bit up. Either way , he's a cock.

I've never met the bloke, but my poor gullible mum bought one of his books and actually believed his crap, until the next fad came along.

Lady Thatcher had been due to attend a dinner at Downing Street to celebrate her 85th Birthday. She has had to pull out because she is suffering from flu.

An official source close to the former PM say that she is just sulking after seeing all 33 of the trapped Chilean miners being rescued...

Lady Thatcher had been due to attend a dinner at Downing Street to celebrate her 85th Birthday. She has had to pull out because she is suffering from flu.

An official source close to the former PM say that she is just sulking after seeing all 33 of the trapped Chilean miners being rescued...

It would be typical of the old cow if she pops it just as the coalition government announce the huge cuts spending review, just to take that off the headlines...

Got a joke today which both funny does appear rather apt now?

"What with Miners and Scoucers celebrating in the news today anyone would think Maggie had died"

Wearing coat and leaving the building.....