Guest KateS

Margaret Thatcher

I don't see flu, I see Downing Street arriving at their senses and deciding to avoid the prospect of an 85 year-old senile cow turning up and embarrassing the Conservatives...

She'd probably go down the whole "Where's Denis" line, again...

Hi all'

at work on Friday we had the call to look for all programmes featuring the odious Mrs T, we normally get such a call when the subject is either dead or not expected to last the next few days. So I've put the fizzy wine in the fridge and am waiting.

Syd

Hi all'

I've put the fizzy wine in the fridge and am waiting.

Syd

Flu is the last thing she needs - well so many people we know hope so...

Hi all'

at work on Friday we had the call to look for all programmes featuring the odious Mrs T, we normally get such a call when the subject is either dead or not expected to last the next few days. So I've put the fizzy wine in the fridge and am waiting.

Syd

I think any old coal miners and their families still around will also be waiting to celebrate the 'going underground' of dear old Mrs {The Iron Lady} Thatcher. Probably with a pint of beer or two I certainly will cheers!!!!!!

The BBC News ticker is reporting that Margaret Thatcher has been hospitalised with an 'infection'.

Yeah, but the doctors have been explicit about it being a fairly routine job to stabilise her condition. If she's really gonna peg out this week such words are a reckless hostage to fortune. I'm guessing she isn't that ill after all, and she's not going to die in the next few days.

So, reading between the lines, she's fading. Nobody says she's actually getting better, they do indicate she'll get over the 'flu' but the indications are that everyone involved in the obit business is readying themselves for the highest profile political expiration since Churchill. I'd wager that the flurry of activity in this direction over the last few days is largely down to Thatcher's obit being such a biggie that the small details matter a great deal.

A rough guess would be that her constitution will weaken gradually, medication to avoid further strokes may well slow down her system to the point she becomes more vulnerable to infection and it'll probably be pneumonia or some similar lingering condition that eventually does for her. A big stroke may get there first but I reckon she'll carry a bigger selection of the popular vote into 2011 dead pools than she ever did in an election. And she may well deliver once elected!

It's the way she'd want it, or summat.

So, reading between the lines, she's fading. Nobody says she's actually getting better, they do indicate she'll get over the 'flu' but the indications are that everyone involved in the obit business is readying themselves for the highest profile political expiration since Churchill. I'd wager that the flurry of activity in this direction over the last few days is largely down to Thatcher's obit being such a biggie that the small details matter a great deal.

A rough guess would be that her constitution will weaken gradually, medication to avoid further strokes may well slow down her system to the point she becomes more vulnerable to infection and it'll probably be pneumonia or some similar lingering condition that eventually does for her. A big stroke may get there first but I reckon she'll carry a bigger selection of the popular vote into 2011 dead pools than she ever did in an election. And she may well deliver once elected!

It's the way she'd want it, or summat.

I think we could be looking at the January transfer window.

Would be a shame that, I'm usually partied out after the Xmas/New Year period. Hopefully she can stick around until the fallow period in February.

Heaven knows why I kept on reading the quotes further down the article but this one tickled me...

Posted by: Tory-Liars on October 20, 2010 4:17 PM

Anyone who wishes a frail old lady of 85 dead, seriously need to take a long look at themselves in the mirror!

Well I've looked in the mirror and still hope the evil witch dies very soon and as painfully as possible.

Maggie has been cheered up with a bit of telly.

Would be a shame that, I'm usually partied out after the Xmas/New Year period. Hopefully she can stick around until the fallow period in February.

Nah the sooner the better if you ask me :)

I could live with her stumbing into 2011, I'll have her on every dead pool team I field if she does. Most of my current teams are Thatcherless and they are languishing so far down their respective leagues that a big death or two now wouldn't greatly change their position.

The Beeb have been updating the obit, a bit of yanking on the grapevine tells me. No big surprise and it probably doesn't signify a whole lot either.

This must be the first time many of us aren't actively wishing for her demise. For two months, anyway.

That site.....run by our spiritual brothers and sisters, obviously.

Make no bones, it'll be a major cultural event knocking most of the 'signifificant deaths' Chicago and co blather on about into a cocked hat...

Plus half of the DDP are wagering on this, and probably even more should she stagger on to 2011.

I only hope me and the Deathlist don't come up with the same pun!

... and they can re-use it when Cher is in the same state!

• Like 1

... and they can re-use it when Cher is in the same state!

:P

regards,

Hein

Make no bones, it'll be a major cultural event knocking most of the 'signifificant deaths' Chicago and co blather on about into a cocked hat...

Plus half of the DDP are wagering on this, and probably even more should she stagger on to 2011.

The Lady's For Interring

The Lady's For Interring

U-turning in her grave?

The Urn Lady

Just checked, unfortunately it appears she's still bed blocking.

Rotten Ali.. shame on you referring to her as a witch.. thas an insult to the witches.. lol

The Enemy Within...