Godot

Mollie Sugden et al

Recent pic of Brian Murphy:

• Like 8

On 13/09/2020 at 20:17, Spade_Cooley said:

Tony Osoba (McLaren), Christopher Biggins (Lukewarm), David Jason (Blanco) and Patricia Brake  (Ingrid) are the only people credited on more than one episode of Porridge  still alive.  Steve Ismay (very much an "oh that guy" classic) was in two episodes but was only credited in one. 

Patricia Brake dead.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
  • Shocked 1

10 minutes ago, msc said:

Patricia Brake dead.

Oh. an early crush of mine. Does anyone else remember Second Time Around?

• Sad 1

Patricia Brake much more than Porridge of course, she appeared in The Two Ronnies show on many occasions and was a stalwart soap actress, having been in the Big Three of Corrie, Eastenders and Emmerdale Farm - but also in the ill-fated Eldorado in which she had a leading role. Younger readers may also remember her turn in the kids' show Tickle On The Tum.

Anyhow, in case it hasn't been noticed she was picked by a Porridge Theme Team in the DDP as far back as 2013: http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2013/celebs_B.html#brakep @Death Impends so List of the Missed.

That team's an interesting one, still more alive than dead.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Patricia Brake much more than Porridge of course, she appeared in The Two Ronnies show on many occasions and was a stalwart soap actress, having been in the Big Three of Corrie, Eastenders and Emmerdale Farm - but also in the ill-fated Eldorado in which she had a leading role. Younger readers may also remember her turn in the kids' show Tickle On The Tum.

Anyhow, in case it hasn't been noticed she was picked by a Porridge Theme Team in the DDP as far back as 2013: http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2013/celebs_B.html#brakep @Death Impends so List of the Missed.

That team's an interesting one, still more alive than dead.

I thought she was brilliant  in Eldorado as Gwen Lockhead. I firmly  believe caving into the press and axing Eldorado was a big mistake by the BBC. 

The shows ratings had  significantly improved and its teething problems/early difficulties pretty much ironed out.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I thought she was brilliant  in Eldorado as Gwen Lockhead. I firmly  believe caving into the press and axing Eldorado was a big mistake by the BBC. 

The shows ratings had  significantly improved and its teething problems/early difficulties pretty much ironed out.

Cancer got our Patricia Brake: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61624478

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Brake also appeared in a one-series British sitcom called Second Time Around wherein the "comedy" revolved around the 25 year age gap between her character and her 50 year old boyfriend. Worth a mention here because the other half of the hilarity at the centre of the of the whole caper - Michael Craig - is still around, aged 93.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Craig_(actor)

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

On 17/03/2022 at 12:45, Bibliogryphon said:

William Gaunt needs to be wary now as Penelope Keith outlives another of her on screen husbands

She may well outlive  another going by how she seems on the BBC Platinum jubilee coverage.  Just been watching her chat with Kirsty Young and she seems to be in very good form and full of zest. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

She may well outlive  another going by how she seems on the BBC Platinum jubilee coverage.  Just been watching her chat with Kirsty Young and she seems to be in very good form and full of zest. 

Some people just feel like future 8 time plus front pagers for death list. She is one of those!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, msc said:

Some people just feel like future 8 time plus front pagers for death list. She is one of those!

Not even worth thinking about until we have seen off Patricia Routledge, Judy Dench and Barbara Leigh-Hunt

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Gordon Peters reportedly dead: 

Sitcom legend so I'll be cross-posting.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0676449/

Cross-posting news of Gordon Peters' death here as more apt.

Edit: Further look at Twitter indicates he died on 15th June.

• Like 1

Saw on FB - John - "La di dah Gunner Graham" - turned 88 a few days ago

292794372_5229390810510736_9143743772971

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

On 09/03/2022 at 19:44, YoungWillz said:

Josephine Tewson was Ronnie Barker's long term sidewoman, Appearances a very small part of her repertoire.

Well on our radar.

Josephine Tewson being tentatively reported dead, but awaiting a newspaper report: 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Josephine Tewson being tentatively reported dead, but awaiting a newspaper report: 

This has been floating around online for about 3 hours now. The original poster was a PR agent who has since deleted the post.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thatcher said:

This has been floating around online for about 3 hours now. The original poster was a PR agent who has since deleted the post.

Heartbeat TV also deleted their tweet. Probably a hoax or tied into Bruce Montague's recent passing, but I did find it hard to believe until the now deleted tweet turned up.

Long live Jo...until the inevitable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Heartbeat TV also deleted their tweet. Probably a hoax or tied into Bruce Montague's recent passing, but I did find it hard to believe until the now deleted tweet turned up.

Long live Jo...until the inevitable.

Tewson's agency confirms she's dead:

https://mobile.twitter.com/diamond_mgmnt/status/1560631805740322818

Sun obit: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/19560787/josephine-tewson-dies-keeping-up-appearances/

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Grimgrass said:

Thanks and RIP to a great character actress and underrated comedienne.

If this news filters through to the papers which it should, it's more sadly undeserved points for me somewhere.

:(

• Like 4

May you rest in peace Josephine, thank you for your funny character, you gave us on TV. :(

• Like 4

Absolutely brilliant in Keeping Up Appearances. Superb comic timing. Rest in Peace, Josephine.

• Like 3

She died in Denville Hall.A few months ago I guessed she might be in there.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sean said:

She died in Denville Hall.A few months ago I guessed she might be in there.

Probably an entire wing there once devoted to Last of the Summer Wine actors/actresses although not any more. I wonder who the eldest Equity member is now who lives there? Once John Mills, his wife & her brother (Gerald Sim) all lived there.

On 23/02/2022 at 16:11, Gisooo said:

I can not believe it, oh god this is terrible. A great actress to die in such a way. If it had not happened she could still be alive. RIP Anna Karen, now you are with Barbara Windsor, your best friend you loved so much. It was heartbreaking when she came with a wheelchair at Windsor funeral last year. RIP both! 

Anna Karen has  left the bulk of her £400,000 fortune to younger actress Sophie Lawrence,  who also starred in EastEnders, as Frank Butchers daughter Diane Butcher. Although  I'm not sure that both starred in EastEnders at the same time. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11130257/On-Buses-star-Anna-Karen-leaves-bulk-400-000-EastEnders-star-Sophie-Lawrence.html

14 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Anna Karen has  left the bulk of her £400,000 fortune to younger actress Sophie Lawrence,  who also starred in EastEnders, as Frank Butchers daughter Diane Butcher. Although  I'm not sure that both starred in EastEnders at the same time. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11130257/On-Buses-star-Anna-Karen-leaves-bulk-400-000-EastEnders-star-Sophie-Lawrence.html

They didn’t appear together but as the article said they worked together elsewhere. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

They didn’t appear together but as the article said they worked together elsewhere. 

A shame because  I think there was real potential  for Peggy Mitchells  family (Anna played Peggys sister) to mix in  with the Butcher  family more given Peggys relationship with Frank Butcher . Some more  family entanglements   could have had real possibilities. 

I know Anna was only a guest character on EastEnders  but I'd have really have liked her to have been given a fuller and longer role.